BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Boooo :oldrazz:

I want the flying i just want it to be stylistically different from Superman's flight.

Last edited:
^ Boooo :oldrazz:

I want the flying i just want it to be stylistically different from Superman's flight.
Hahaahh...I thought that might be a good way to start the thread.

Question though, if she were to fly how would you make it stylistically different from Superman's? Is she a floater? Does she jump into it? I mean how would you distinguish this?

Hahaahh...I thought that might be a good way to start the thread.

Question though, if she were to fly how would you make it stylistically different from Superman's? Is she a floater? Does she jump into it? I mean how would you distinguish this?

I like the gliding on wind currents angle.
[YT]_XxyZ0oGJ8M[/YT]
[YT]vOkYmb5UoGE[/YT]

When she moves its like a fast pased version of the oracle from 300. Its like she's swiming in air with wind rushing around her pushing her in any direction she wants to go in. She has her own mystically controlled wind she glides on like a feather.
TheOraclein3001.gif

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea, Smash, and I'm against the flying. Yet, I have to say that looks remarkably cool.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem with presenting WW on film next to Cav-el is that you would want some kind of distinction between the two, just for the sake of uniqueness. But would that come across as demeaning or Nerfing of WW? I actually like the idea that they are not pure physical equals, but that's ok because Diana, like Bruce or Barry, or Hal, brings their own strengths to the table, things that are firmly in their wheelhouse. To my mind she should be tough, but not totally invulnerable. So, lets say, unlike Nam-ek and Faora, she could not just take incoming fire from an A-10 Warthog "tank killer" and brush it off, but she is honed enough to punch through concrete. Speed again would be less than Superman's, and if she flys, then no huge sonic booms. But this does not make her a lesser character. She's still fast enough to use the bracelets against incoming fire of all kinds (if they could show how she's just the best out of all the Amazons at this trick, so much the better). She should be a dynamic yet efficient hand to hand fighter, and great at battlefield tactics and melee fighting. I want the viewer to get the idea that when Superman and Batman think the League needs to clear the table of Supervillains their first thought is to unleash Diana on them. She's the Ambassador of Peace, but also the ultimate Mistress of War. She of course should have access to MAGICAL weapons of the ancient Greco-Roman gods, and of course, she should be able to call in an army of elite Amazon warriors to aide her if totally necessary.

Again, I worry if this does come off as disrespecting the character though. Some might say there is no reason that she should be inferior in power to Superman. I get where that view is coming from, really, but I guess my own Platonic ideal WW is just no where near as powerful as Superman, but that does not matter. Any less than many other DCU heroes being less powerful than the Big S.

Ok, i've found the flying thread huntress. Thanks for the tip! :yay:

I think part of the problem with presenting WW on film next to Cav-el is that you would want some kind of distinction between the two, just for the sake of uniqueness. But would that come across as demeaning or Nerfing of WW?

I don't think there needs to be a distinction between Superman and Wonder Woman as there already is one. In Avengers we have Iron Man and Thor as fliers...they have separate modes of flight but no one is confusing the two. Same goes for Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America...all three are melee fighters with a long distance attack...guns, arrows and thrown shield...yet no one confuses them.

Though I know you think this is overthinking it, Roach, the difference is Marvel's universe is set up differently. I think you would need to make a distinction between the only two beings that can fly unassisted on the planet.

Though I know you think this is overthinking it, Roach, the difference is Marvel's universe is set up differently. I think you would need to make a distinction between the only two beings that can fly unassisted on the planet.

I don't think it's over thinking it. I just don't see the reason. Film is a visual medium. I don't think people will be confused or mixed up if Henry Cavill flies and Gal Gadot...considering the last movie had more than one person flying unaided.

I think part of the problem with presenting WW on film next to Cav-el is that you would want some kind of distinction between the two, just for the sake of uniqueness. But would that come across as demeaning or Nerfing of WW? I actually like the idea that they are not pure physical equals, but that's ok because Diana, like Bruce or Barry, or Hal, brings their own strengths to the table, things that are firmly in their wheelhouse. To my mind she should be tough, but not totally invulnerable. So, lets say, unlike Nam-ek and Faora, she could not just take incoming fire from an A-10 Warthog "tank killer" and brush it off, but she is honed enough to punch through concrete. Speed again would be less than Superman's, and if she flys, then no huge sonic booms. But this does not make her a lesser character. She's still fast enough to use the bracelets against incoming fire of all kinds (if they could show how she's just the best out of all the Amazons at this trick, so much the better). She should be a dynamic yet efficient hand to hand fighter, and great at battlefield tactics and melee fighting. I want the viewer to get the idea that when Superman and Batman think the League needs to clear the table of Supervillains their first thought is to unleash Diana on them. She's the Ambassador of Peace, but also the ultimate Mistress of War. She of course should have access to MAGICAL weapons of the ancient Greco-Roman gods, and of course, she should be able to call in an army of elite Amazon warriors to aide her if totally necessary.

Again, I worry if this does come off as disrespecting the character though. Some might say there is no reason that she should be inferior in power to Superman. I get where that view is coming from, really, but I guess my own Platonic ideal WW is just no where near as powerful as Superman, but that does not matter. Any less than many other DCU heroes being less powerful than the Big S.

I like the idea of some of her weapon and even some of her ablities being gifts from the gods. Her flight (wind based) could be a gift from the Greek god Boreas (Greek god of the North Winds).

Side not when she flies vertically it should be like a sky diver with a wings suit. I like to think of it like this. Wonder Woman runs. She jumps into a massive updraft that comes out of nowhere in front of her. You should almost be able to visibly see the wind. It should be tornado force. She shoots up into the sky like a peace of floating debris. Once she up in the sky she surfs the wind current like a wing suit sky diver. If you watch these you'll know what i mean about flying like a wing suit sky diver/base jumper.

Watch entire video
[YT]TWfph3iNC-k[/YT]

Watch 0:00-1:05 and 5:10-6:30
[YT]0nx37ccqHMk[/YT]

Watch entire video
[YT]vWgcwIp2FuI[/YT]

Last edited:
I don't think it's over thinking it. I just don't see the reason. Film is a visual medium. I don't think people will be confused or mixed up if Henry Cavill flies and Gal Gadot...considering the last movie had more than one person flying unaided.

roach, I guess what I really mean is not that viewers will be confused, but more that if you make WW's power level equal it makes her seem like a near (notice the qualifier) total copy of Superman and it could come across as making Superman redundant. I mean, if she's as strong, invulnerable and as fast as he is, AND she also flies, and to top it all off she's this insanely trained warrior and battle mistress... Well, why do we need Superman around again? I think those two things are something to consider is all.

I'm going to answer this question and the other you asked in the flying thread, so we don't derail this one again.

I'm not advocating the invisible jet...but I wanted to show you a show I used to watch as a child...Shazam and Isis tv show...two characters flying but by different means.

[YT]h9AoNEIXryo[/YT]

I'm not advocating the invisible jet...but I wanted to show you a show I used to watch as a child...Shazam and Isis tv show...two characters flying but by different means.

[YT]h9AoNEIXryo[/YT]
:awesome: I wish I could say a little more, but that moofooing video is so damn funny... I can't. LOL...though you make a good point. I still don't want her to fly in this movie. :woot:

roach, I guess what I really mean is not that viewers will be confused, but more that if you make WW's power level equal it makes her seem like a near (notice the qualifier) total copy of Superman and it could come across as making Superman redundant. I mean, if she's as strong, invulnerable and as fast as he is, AND she also flies, and to top it all off she's this insanely trained warrior and battle mistress... Well, why do we need Superman around again? I think those two things are something to consider is all.

Well let's be honest...there is nothing the JL can do that Superman can't. Martian Manhunter is just a green version of Superman with a different kryptonite...and shape shifting powers. With Superman being super fast, WW having the speed of Hermes and MM having some sort of speed...why is the Flash needed?

[YT]h9AoNEIXryo[/YT]

If they bring in the jet at all, they better not have here be visible whilst in it.

:awesome: I wish I could say a little more, but that moofooing video is so damn funny... I can't. LOL...though you make a good point. I still don't want her to fly in this movie. :woot:

it was a cheesy 70's tv show

Well let's be honest...there is nothing the JL can do that Superman can't. Martian Manhunter is just a green version of Superman with a different kryptonite...and shape shifting powers. With Superman being super fast, WW having the speed of Hermes and MM having some sort of speed...why is the Flash needed?

You have a valid point, man, not denying that... But as much crossover of power as there is in a lot of these super groups, there is also a level of distinction between the members as well, and I just think that's important to highlight. Other wise you end up like the FOX Mutant films where there kinda seems to be a ton of muties with "leaping" powers, and the like. I mean, as an example, Aquaman is super strong, sure. But at a Superman/Martian Manhunter/Capt. Marvel level? For me, in the comics, the issue in FOR TOMORROW where WW and Superman have their battle, is kind of where I see things. She is insanely tough by human standards, truly a Herculean Demi-God type. But Superman is just at another level. With her overall toughness and strength, combined with elite training and access to magic though, she could put a hurting on him, and there is even a chance she could be a lethal opponent to Superman. But when all is said and done... No, she should not have his level of speed, strength or invulnerability.

It may be interesting if WW's flight is in fact similar to Superman's Golden Age ability to "leap tall buildings in a single blind". That would flow more naturally from her godlike athleticism, and seem less sci-fi.

It may be interesting if WW's flight is in fact similar to Superman's Golden Age ability to "leap tall buildings in a single blind". That would flow more naturally from her godlike athleticism, and seem less sci-fi.

Didn't the Carter show have her do a ton of Bionic Man style jumping around? It's been years since I've seen a second of that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"