Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 8

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]472381[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]471347[/split]

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'm fine with Jenna Coleman in a comic movie. She was actually in CA:TBA but it was a very minor, blink-and-you'll-miss-her cameo.

4. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Her and The Doctor were there to listen to some Benny Goodman live in concert and they decided to stick around and help Cap out. :word:

5. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Guys...I just checked out Gadot's IMDB page and they had JL listed in her filmography. It said JL(announced) and had 2017 for the release date. I reckon IMDB is just being full of crap like usual, but I don't understand where it's coming from. They even have a page created for JL, but it's not listed on Cavill or Affleck's page. I wonder if they just extrapolated that article that said Gadot was signed for 3 movies to mean that JL was one of them? I don't get it. IMDB is odd.

6. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

It is odd.

On the subject of Wonder Woman's potential arch nemesis: I think Noomie Rapace is an obvious contender. That woman is fiery like a little chilli.

7. KRYPTON INC.

I could see her as Cheetah. A badass Cheetah at that. Circe? Not so much. But a good idea.

8. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I could see Rapace as Circe. I recently watched Prometheus and she was pretty badass when she needed to be. Plus, I think she has an appealing and unique look.

9. KRYPTON INC.

For myself, I just imagine Circe more in the Charlize Theron, J-Law, Lana Parilla Wheelehouse. Rapace is indeed badass. Like I stated, her as Cheetah, especially a mystically empowered Cheetah would be very interesting. I the JUSTICE mini by Ross he had that great scene of Cheetah actually sacrificing live cheetahs and skinning and wearing their pelts to gain her power. I could see Rapace as that kind of Cheetah for sure.

10. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Yeah, Rapace could make a good Cheetah too. And I was going to say that Theron would also make a good Circe. No JLaw though. She has become a pet peeve of mine.

11. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Lawrence is just too ubiquitous, for me.

12. KRYPTON INC.

I am immune to J-Law's charms myself. I can see what some say about her personality. I also see what others find alluring and interesting about her on screen. But I really can take her or leave her and I find her mostly overrated but not bad as an actress. When it comes to Wonder Woman though I always bring her up because she is more or less the brightest new female star to come down the pike in some time and her involvement with a Wonder Woman film guarentees asses in seats. Maybe I am wrong, but my gut tells me no.

13. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

^ Someone like Theron could put butts in seats too, I think.

And JLaw is a good actress, I won't deny it and I used to like her. But she is too ubiquitous for me too. She's just taking over.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  14. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A villian you can hate.

15. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I do not get the affection for Rapace as an actress. I think she's only slightly above mediocre and charmless. Now Charlize Theron playing a Wonder Woman villain is cool because she's a great actress and can do cold and evil really well.

16. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

Lazy. Yet another villain role.
    +1 for Rapace. She's super-underused.

17. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

I don't understand how she is so under appreciated.

18. Dark Raven

These are exactly my thoughts. She used to be okay when she was still more low profile and people wondered who she was. But now she's everywhere and annoying everyone in the process.

I'm so glad Gal Gadot was WW over someone like J-Law. I would have been really unenthusiastic about this movie had J-Law been cast in the role. But now with Gal, it's the complete opposite.

19. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Noomie is all tightly-bundled fire and steel. I find her to be much more convincingly "badass" than other actresses with more muscle tone or gruffer voices.

[​IMG]

If not a Wonder Woman villainness, she would be an excellent Mercy Graves.

20. I SEE SPIDEY

Lawrence was never up for Wonder Woman though, she never expressed interest in it at all. I just don't get what you are saying because she literally was never going to be cast.

21. Dark Raven

But a lot of people here were fan casting her and thinking she would be the best person for the role for various reasons. Hence, why I'm saying I'm glad she wasn't cast.

I also saw Katrina Law on Arrow this week, for whoever suggested her as WW recently. I'm glad she too wasn't cast. Gal is far more beautiful and charming, and definitely has that magic about her which the director saw. Can't say the same about Katrina Law, who again still has too much of the tough ***** attitude about her, even when she isn't acting tough.

22. I SEE SPIDEY

I agree that fancasting the same actors over and over again is boring an annoying and I complain about it as well but I never believed I was going to see Fassbender or Elba as...everything despite people's obsession with them. Anyway it's not important, I'm going to get back on topic.

I really do hope BvS is a well liked giant hit movie because I really, really want a Wonder Woman movie in the next few years. I want a greenlight from Warners so I can truly be able to look forward to that. I'm still kinda hung up on her weight (probably foolishly) but I'm starting to have a good feeling about Gal Gadot. If I love Cavill as much as I do then why wouldn't I start thinking maybe she will be the female version?

23. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

This, x 1,000. I have yet to see Noomi Easily Replaced in anything where she impressed me.

And before someone says it, YES I'VE SEEN THE LISBETH SALANDER MOVIES.

24. Dark Raven

I want to see a WW movie as well. In fact, I'm so excited about Gadot that I kind of wish that all this news we're hearing and the hype surrounding it were for the actual WW movie and not BvS, even though I am still keen to see that too.

25. aNarcHy2day

aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

[​IMG]

Jessica Chastain or someone like Theron could add a lot of charisma to Circe. But I'm starting to fear they may stop looking at the quality of actors that have characterized MoS and TDK. Trilogy. And coincidently? absent in Green Lantern.

And I too don't get the hate for Rapace. She is would make an excellent Cheetah. Though my personal choice remains Lauren Cohan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.