Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 9

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

This is the Hype. Don't be silly. :o

2. X Knight

X Knight Dark Knight of the Hype

exactly this!

Diana should be both peacemaker/diplomat AND fierce warrior.

and I like the idea of making her more naïve/innocent as someone new to the outside world.

I'm thinking of the scene in Tangled where Flynn tries to flirt/put the moves on Rapunzel and it totally goes over her head and doesn't affect her. She just brushes it off because she has no idea what he's trying to do.

I could see a similar scene where Bruce ( or maybe Lex ) tries to hit on Diana and she just totally brushes him off.

that would actually be refreshing instead of the usual "femme fatale" who knows how to use her body/sex to seduce men and get what she wants.

If Diana wants something, she'll first try diplomacy and if that doesn't work............lasso of truth!!

3. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

It may seem contrary, but I think it can be done. Just have her badass side come out when there's danger and don't have her beating on folks for no reason besides showing off.

4. Bullseye1

Bullseye1 Well-Known Member

I'd rather they leave the innocent aspect for her own movie. In this one i would like her to have been around since WWII and known to the US government. They see her as the last line of defence against both Superman and Batman.

5. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Diana is a jaded former diplomat of Themyscria who decides to retire the Wonder Woman mantle and become a civilian after several failed attempts at spreading peace. Her alias Diana Prince was given to her by the military after the nurse who nursed her back to health after a run-in with enemy troops in the Middle East who is killed by Ares. She later becomes a medical professional in her honor. :o

6. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I like it. Please no femme fatale.

7. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

I'm trying to "Chris Benoit" the whole situation that happened on the last part of this thread today so the less people bring it up, the better. :o

8. Dark Raven

I would like this, and Gal has the right charm to come across more innocent rather than simply tough and badass.

If both Superman and Batman aren't exactly a barrel of laughs, we need a lighter character somewhere, and WW could be it. The humour could come because she is more oblivious to the ways of the Western world - a bit like in Thor.

9. X Knight

Krispin Wah??

10. LibidoLoca

No one likes my storyline. :(

11. TheNextNolan22

Benoyt?

12. X Knight

yes!!

and speaking of peacemaker/diplomat, I'd like to see more of that side of Superman, too.

that "aspect" of Superman needs to be developed more in the sequel, along with "civilian/DP" Clark.

13. X Knight

too "grounded in realism." :o

14. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Yes! That would be a good way to add humor without using stupid Michael Bay style jokes. Some people might whine about her being a Thor rip-off, but whatever. It would be logical for her to be unfamiliar with these things if she has just come off the island.

I agree.

15. X Knight

meow??

16. TheNextNolan22

Not enough darkness and realizm.

17. LibidoLoca

[​IMG]

18. Dark Raven

Only Thor fans. Not everyone else is going to make the connection, especially since WW is female. Besides, Thor could seem like a Data (from ST:TNG) rip off. :cwink:

And rather than thinking of Thor, people could just as easily make comparisons between WW and Rapunzel in Tangled, or any other innocent character.

19. X Knight

[​IMG]

20. X Knight

what happens when Bruce has to chaperone Diana for the day and she sees a park??

Flynn = Batman
    Rapunzel = WW
    Rapunzel's Hair = Lasso of Truth

[​IMG]

21. regwec

regwec Make Mine Marble

Creepy.

22. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Hopefully people will see it that way. I'm all for them using that angle during some light-hearted scenes.

23. jmc

jmc away for a while

I don't know how Rapunzel got brought into this but she is soooooo pretty.....

24. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

I'd like something commanding and old-fashioned from her. Like "I challenge you, heathen!" Also, she could use some occasional irony. Something I don't recall hearing from S and B.

I just pray they can come up with something better for her, than:
    -I came here to stop you;
    -You're weak, <name>;
    -I didn't sign up for this;
    -We did it...
    And stuff like that.

25. haephestus

haephestus Well-Known Member

Yes. I agree. I want Wonder Woman's first response to any kind of conflict to be to try to broker peace between the two parties. I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to offer to decapitate people.

I want Wonder Woman's first response to a threat from an enemy to be to try and reason with the enemy in an attempt to understand the reason for their anger (within reason - obviously I wouldn't expect Wonder Woman to reason with a Bat-drone controlled by Lex Luthor). I don't want Wonder Woman's first response to be to draw her sword and attempt to hack and slash her way to a happiness.

I want Wonder Woman's primary concern in any battle to be protecting innocents. While I don't mind it if Wonder Woman "enjoys" a good battle, I don't want her to ever lose herself in violence to the extent that she forgets about the people she is fighting for (i.e. the innocents).

I want Wonder Woman to be genuinely interested in anyone who seeks to talk to her and appropriately respectful of them, whether it's a 40 year old virgin who just crawled out of his (or her) basement to get an autograph or an 8 year old girl (or boy) who wants to tell Wonder Woman that she is their favourite hero.

I want to see Wonder Woman using her fame for the "greater good" by attending charity events, visiting schools and hospitals, etc. This doesn't have to be shown on-screen, but it could be mentioned by other characters. I want Wonder Woman to support all charities (within reason), not just those focused solely on helping women (although she could perhaps be a major patron/sponsor of a charity focused on educating women).

I wouldn't mind a touch of naivety to Wonder Woman's personality, especially in her interactions with others. I want to see Wonder Woman always speak the truth and to be surprised when others do not do so.

To an extent, this will depend upon her "origin" as she shouldn't be naive if she has been in man's world for years. And I wouldn't ever want her naivety to extend to wondering about the "little people in the magical boxes" or proclaiming surprise at the "horseless carriages". Wonder Woman should be aware of the technological advances in man's world, but should be surprised by her interactions with people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.