Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 9

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

I really like that, especially the highlighted part. This could be a really interesting character trait and source of conflict.

2. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

Yeah, she's just :hrt:. They came up with an ultimate female beauty. Both outer and inner.

Ahem... Anyway, WW.

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Definitely. That's what I hated about Adrianne Palicki's pipe throwing version of WW who would kill at the drop of a hat.

Same here. I want to see that princess side of her. Make her like Princess Diana (of Wales) who was considered "the people's princess". Everyone loved her because of her compassion and how she even valued the little people despite being royalty. She didn't want everything to be so stuffy and full of royal conventions.

There has to be that caring side of WW who doesn't have to have this tough ***** face all the time to show she's a warrior.

4. p4poetic

p4poetic Well-Known Member

Has this WW quote been posted?

http://www.amazonarchives.com/wonwm25.htm

We have a saying, my people. "Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it."

This is basically Wonder Woman.

5. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

Again? I don't ever remember talking about Gadot much before. Eisenberg, yes, Gadon't, no.

6. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Yes it is and that's a beautiful quote. I think it would suit a mature superman too.

7. Kevin Smith

Too much to remember. I prefer "I'm Batman". :hehe:

8. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That almost sounds like the Shaolin creed, which has been adapted to the Amazons, and was plagiarised by Yoda in Revenge of the Sith and used by Master Kan in the David Caradine "Kung Fu" TV series in the 1970s:

"Learn more ways to preserve rather than destroy: Avoid rather than check. Check rather than hurt. Hurt rather than maim. Maim rather than kill. For all life is precious, nor can any be replaced."

9. BatFleck2016

BatFleck2016 Well-Known Member

Why would you wanna CHRIS JERICHO the entire situation? I mean, he's a good wrestler.

10. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Always looking for little ways to get your complaining into your posts huh?

11. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

Kevin Smith is just an out an out troll, do what I did and put him on ignore.

12. SofNascimento

SofNascimento Well-Known Member

Wondie should take joy in battle, that must be there.

13. Jekecy

Jekecy Well-Known Member

Is it, though? I admit I'm not well-versed with the lore, but I do know enough that Wonder Woman is far from a pacifist herself.

14. roach

roach I am the night

Wonder Woman should be like the typical soldier...praying for peace, preparing for war.

15. Jekecy

Jekecy Well-Known Member

That's a more fitting mantra to live by. The other one, while beautifully composed, seems rather contradictory to her actions in the comics. Almost as bad as Nolan's "I'm no executioner/I have one rule/No guns" trio of hypocrisy. :o

16. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I really just should at this point.

17. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

I want WW to be VERY selective about who she kills. It'd be great if she just KO'd random gaurds, and spared a villain's life to "make an example" out of him :)

When she finally kills some EVIL character, it should be shocking, but not feel out of place.

18. The Sage

The Sage The World's Finest

That's the mantra I've known her for.

19. roach

roach I am the night

I live by the same creed

20. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

I don't think Kevin Smith is a villain here. And I certainly don't think anyone that proposes everyone block him for having a sense of humor they disagree with is a hero either.

Yeah Part 8 of this thread got ugly. The WW action figure idea was pretty cringeworthy. But just disagree with people and move on. We're talking about a fictional character. This isn't congress.

I'm not sure how I feel about WW killing. I'd rather she didn't. We've already had Superman do it when left with no choice.

21. Kevin Smith

I thought it was funny. Sorry if it bothered you that much.

22. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I like that quote and philosophy for WW.

and, yes, it would suit Superman, as well.

23. geetard

geetard Rebirth

Off topic, but I just read the article in your sig. That was a very interesting reading; thanks!

24. X Knight

X Knight Hope

WW should follow the Brock Lesnar creed:

Eat
    Sleep
    Conquer
    Repeat

[​IMG]

:o

25. Kevin Smith

It's just kind of immature to me. Besides, if there were someone I disliked on the boards I'd want to be able to see their posts in case they said something about me so I could defend myself or view or whatever. People just say this stuff to act all superior or whatever, then let a poster know that they blocked him in a thread they know the poster is in just because they know that person can't say anything back to them. Their way of getting the last word in. All silly, but no one's opinion or sense of humor on any board ever has ever bothered me enough to block them or encourage users to participate in a board wide boycott, and there have been a lot of irritants on message boards in my day. I just respect their views and live and let live. There's really nothing short of a personal attack that anyone could say that would bother me enough to want to block or demand someone be banned. It's not worth it and I really don't wish any poster anywhere any ill. This is just as much their escape as mine. I'm too interested in seeing what people have to say, no matter how much I disagree with them. Some people on here are all to eager to label everyone who they disagree with or dislikes a casting or info a troll when that's not the case. We just dislike it, and are arguing or debating about why we dislike it with the people telling us we should.

Thanks for being objective about it.

Also I'm not really keen on WW killing but I'd kind of rather seen her do it than Superman.... but I thought it's what Superman should have done in the situation they tried to put him in in MOS but they just could have went about executing it and developing it much better, but the same could be said for much of the movie, IMO, so I guess it's just par for the course.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.