Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman

Shame that these people's compassion doesn't extend to the millions of Americans who can't even afford to get tested, and who are losing their jobs.

Why not donate some of their unearned money to the poor? Or better yet, just hole up in their mansions and be grateful that we don't storm them and bring them to the guillotine?

We need revolution. Not the bleating of millionaires happy to condemn their fellow citizens to death to preserve their wealth.
At ease there. We shouldn't misplace our hatred toward celebrities who give politics a very distant second thought. The video's intentions were not to be politicized, but to comfort individuals. I agree our country is in need to get corporate money out of politics, but we have our political section to discuss that. Although we're all open to our opinions.

Yeah I think you’re being too jaded and cynical which makes your anger misplaced. Was it tone deaf? Sure I can see an argument for it. But it felt like it was done with good intentions in mind and if it helped cheer at least one person then it did its job. Roll your eyes and move on. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, a couple of those have already made donations. These folks have nothing to do with the mess we’re currently in. If I’m going to get mad, I’d rather direct it at those responsible for why we’re in this mess in the first place: the government starting with the guy on top.

People are already mad at Xi Jinping and other world leaders. I'm certainly not directing anger at Gadot for the situation, I just have the right amount of cynical detachment to view things in a context that doesn't allow me to be emotionally swung by these Hollywood performers, because that's what they are, performers. I love the business of Hollywood and I love film, but I understand the business for what it is. So enough with trying to influence me beyond that sphere, with political beliefs or empty good will gestures. Imagine that world.

Yeah I think you’re being too jaded and cynical which makes your anger misplaced. Was it tone deaf? Sure I can see an argument for it. But it felt like it was done with good intentions in mind and if it helped cheer at least one person then it did its job. Roll your eyes and move on. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, a couple of those have already made donations. These folks have nothing to do with the mess we’re currently in. If I’m going to get mad, I’d rather direct it at those responsible for why we’re in this mess in the first place: the government starting with the guy on top.

Exactly, I'm assuming the dude is not from the UK because in my country you don't have to pay for a test, my guess is he's from the US and last I checked neither Gal or anyone else in that video has any say when it comes to the US healthcare system. The fact is I'm not sure why their money matters, for instance Sarah Hyland from Modern Family has a lot more money than me but she has a far smaller chance of surviving it if she got because of her immune system being weak, this thing isn't discriminating with who it infects. Also @InvisibleWoman I get your concerns, I'm in the same boat with 2 vey vulnerable parents, but it's not the job of celebs to fund the infrastructure of countries, and if they hand out money to one city or section of a city, then it'll be "Well what about our city/business?" and they don't have that kind of money, this hundreds of billions of dollars worth of problem, not something a few millionaires can fix, so right now I think any bit of cheer or lightheartedness or message of solidarity is welcome, regardless of how much money the person has.

People are already mad at Xi Jinping and other world leaders. I'm certainly not directing anger at Gadot for the situation, I just have the right amount of cynical detachment to view things in a context that doesn't allow me to be emotionally swung by these Hollywood performers, because that's what they are, performers. I love the business of Hollywood and I love film, but I understand the business for what it is. So enough with trying to influence me beyond that sphere, with political beliefs or empty good will gestures. Imagine that world.

How exactly is it they are trying to influence you? They sang a song and were giving a message of solidarity, it was nothing more than that, there's nothing to read into here, it was what it was, nothing more or less, and maybe it will give some people a lift in spirits, if not you then cool but I don't see any need for the scorn being tossed around.

Direct your anger towards the healthcare system and your government.

The vitriol and envy doesn't make you any better than the actors who may or may not have posted something tone deaf.

If you have anything to say about typical Hollywood do-goodism, at least be smart and witty about it.

Last edited:
How exactly is it they are trying to influence you? They sang a song and were giving a message of solidarity, it was nothing more than that, there's nothing to read into here, it was what it was, nothing more or less, and maybe it will give some people a lift in spirits, if not you then cool but I don't see any need for the scorn being tossed around.

Direct your anger towards the healthcare system and your government.

The vitriol and envy doesn't make you any better than the actors who may or may not have posted something tone deaf.

If you have anything to say about typical Hollywood do-goodism, at least be smart and witty about it.

I've already given this thing more time then it's worth (and comments are being mixed together as a unifying voice.) I simply started out agreeing with someone (not the guillotine and house storming), then responding to someone agreeing with me.

I'm not going to look for solidarity in a health/financial crisis with a rich celebrity and her friends, and them singing Imagine rings hollow in my ears. I just don't feel it. That's my take in it's essence. I'm not offended by her post really, but I'm just as cynical about celebrity culture in general as I am by politicians in general. I promise you that doesn't make me envious. I'm good and doing OK.

I've already given this thing more time then it's worth (and comments are being mixed together as a unifying voice.) I simply started out agreeing with someone (not the guillotine and house storming), then responding to someone agreeing with me.

I'm not going to look for solidarity in a health/financial crisis with a rich celebrity and her friends, and them singing Imagine rings hollow in my ears. I just don't feel it. That's my take in it's essence. I'm not offended by her post really, but I'm just as cynical about celebrity culture in general as I am by politicians in general. I promise you that doesn't make me envious. I'm good and doing OK.

See I don't get your angle here to be honest, the other more radical dude I do as he's just flat out nuts, but I mean why is their money a factor here? they can die from this just as easy as we can, it's an unknown virus with no cure right now, all the money in the world isn't going to help them or the old or vulnerable people in their families, they are people like us when it comes to something like this.

See I don't get your angle here to be honest, the other more radical dude I do as he's just flat out nuts, but I mean why is their money a factor here? they can die from this just as easy as we can, it's an unknown virus with no cure right now, all the money in the world isn't going to help them or the old or vulnerable people in their families, they are people like us when it comes to something like this.

I'm not just looking at it from the virus POV, because even if people survive it and a vaccine is created, depending on how long this goes on, the ramification for millions of people around the world is potentially much worse afterwards. Businesses will collapse, people will lose their jobs, their homes, their healthcare plans, etc. Many people or business that do recover will not do so fully, and lifestyles will be curbed dramatically. Psychological disorders and other medical issues could likely rise and overtax systems even further. Measures will be taken to address problems to various degrees, but so much is still unknown at this point and needs to be considered. This is basically a long way of saying that money will be a huge luxury for those that have lots of it.

People are definitely over reacting but I understand how it can be tone deaf. It’s easy to say “it will be over soon and we need to stick together” when you have millions of dollars and don’t have to worry how you’ll pay rent or put food on the table.

*Celeb visits sick kids hospital*
Twitter: These celebs just visit these kids for publicity purposes

*Celeb announces $1M donation to charity*
Twitter: Doesn't that celeb have a net worth of $140M? Is that all they donated?

*Celeb donates money to charity in private*
Twitter: Celebs need to donate money to me and every other person in the world.

I have more to say about the troglodytes on Twitter, but

ca4495641aeaae1a21348ef1c9cc4799e9b3be09.gifv

8de9a0966fabb9b09de1314bc55d6e65064afa4b.gifv

People are definitely over reacting but I understand how it can be tone deaf. It’s easy to say “it will be over soon and we need to stick together” when you have millions of dollars and don’t have to worry how you’ll pay rent or put food on the table.

But the truth is, we ARE all in this together and the virus spreading depends on US and whether we'll be able to stay the **** at home and not get infected and infect other people.

And maybe that the post may have been tone deaf. What I do not get is the anger. Why not just laugh it off? It's not like actors caused this virus or poverty. She meant well. You didn't like it. Just ignore it. Like I've said, no one forces you guys to like it. But stop being petty and envious (which you clearly are, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining in this context about how rich they are).

I did find it cringy. It didn't make me angry for one second, though. And I definitely don't have much money.

Last edited:
Exactly, I'm assuming the dude is not from the UK because in my country you don't have to pay for a test, my guess is he's from the US and last I checked neither Gal or anyone else in that video has any say when it comes to the US healthcare system. The fact is I'm not sure why their money matters, for instance Sarah Hyland from Modern Family has a lot more money than me but she has a far smaller chance of surviving it if she got because of her immune system being weak, this thing isn't discriminating with who it infects. Also @InvisibleWoman I get your concerns, I'm in the same boat with 2 vey vulnerable parents, but it's not the job of celebs to fund the infrastructure of countries, and if they hand out money to one city or section of a city, then it'll be "Well what about our city/business?" and they don't have that kind of money, this hundreds of billions of dollars worth of problem, not something a few millionaires can fix, so right now I think any bit of cheer or lightheartedness or message of solidarity is welcome, regardless of how much money the person has.
Yeah I'm not angry about it, I just agree that I understand if people find it tone deaf. I don't think it's the responsibility of celebrities to fund the economy obviously, but they are in a privileged financial position... like a lot of them made donations to the Australian fires. This is a different sort of fire, but the world is burning nonetheless. I just feel that sort of support might be more beneficial and welcome than a singalong.

Again, no anger from my end. Just trying to be understanding that it might have missed the mark for some people

EDIT: Celebrities such as Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively and Lady Gaga have made donations to food banks... I feel this sort of thing is much more beneficial to society.

Last edited:
But the truth is, we ARE all in this together and the virus spreading depends on US and whether we'll be able to stay the **** at home and not get infected and infect other people.

And maybe that the post may have been tone deaf. What I do not get is the anger. Why not just laugh it off? It's not like actors caused this virus or poverty. She meant well. You didn't like it. Just ignore it. Like I've said, no one forces you guys to like it. But stop being petty and envious (which you clearly are, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining in this context about how rich they are).

I did find it cringy. It didn't make me angry for one second, though. And I definitely don't have much money.

They should've sung this song instead to show we're all in this together: :p

I'm not just looking at it from the virus POV, because even if people survive it and a vaccine is created, depending on how long this goes on, the ramification for millions of people around the world is potentially much worse afterwards. Businesses will collapse, people will lose their jobs, their homes, their healthcare plans, etc. Many people or business that do recover will not do so fully, and lifestyles will be curbed dramatically. Psychological disorders and other medical issues could likely rise and overtax systems even further. Measures will be taken to address problems to various degrees, but so much is still unknown at this point and needs to be considered. This is basically a long way of saying that money will be a huge luxury for those that have lots of it.

Sure, but it wont ease the pain of those who lose loved ones no matter how rich they are, the fact is this should be something that makes us realize the value of life as opposed to just worrying about money aftewards as we don't know how that will pan out, and I think the message was purely about that aspect, of valuing people.

*Celeb visits sick kids hospital*
Twitter: These celebs just visit these kids for publicity purposes

*Celeb announces $1M donation to charity*
Twitter: Doesn't that celeb have a net worth of $140M? Is that all they donated?

*Celeb donates money to charity in private*
Twitter: Celebs need to donate money to me and every other person in the world.

I have more to say about the troglodytes on Twitter, but

This is exactly it, no matter what they do some are going to play the rich shaming card.

Yeah I'm not angry about it, I just agree that I understand if people find it tone deaf. I don't think it's the responsibility of celebrities to fund the economy obviously, but they are in a privileged financial position... like a lot of them made donations to the Australian fires. This is a different sort of fire, but the world is burning nonetheless. I just feel that sort of support might be more beneficial and welcome than a singalong.

Again, no anger from my end. Just trying to be understanding that it might have missed the mark for some people

I'm sure many of them have donated but if they did a video about that it would be given stick as well, to me this video was just meant to be uplifting, espeically as I am sure many young fans follow Gal and aren't looking at it from such a cynical angle as older people might.

I actually feel bad for Gal. Imagine coordinating all of these and being excited to share it only to find out that it wasn’t well received. It’s never a good feeling when you think you can cheer people up and you’re instead met with such cynicism. :hehe:

The anger about this is more about the choice of the song & not the video & idea of it itself. If they wanted to do a video about everyone being in this together there are much better songs they could have picked from. Instead the song they did pick is what is bad about this video. Especially for millions of people not just Americans now struggling. The problem is the song they picked & not the video as the song choice makes the people with money look terrible. This just highlights even more so Hollywood being in their own little bubble when there were so many better songs they could have picked that sends a better message other than the message of the song they picked in this situation. Now more than ever people want distractions. Not reminders of the situation that people are struggling from a video with a bunch of rich people that will never gotta worry about things like not having any items etc. It is the song that is the problem

I will concede that they could’ve picked a better song but it is what it is. It’s probably one of those songs that everyone knows.

Here’s something funny regardless of one’s take on the video:

I will concede that they could’ve picked a better song but it is what it is. It’s probably one of those songs that everyone knows.

Regardless its understandable why people are angry. Now during this crisis Celebrities should probably be more careful about what they say & do during this crisis. Otherwise if anything will make people see the Hollywood bubble for what it is its stuff like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"