GALACTUS Discussion

JMAfan said:
villain14ns.jpg

villain1iq.jpg

not Galactus, but maybe good for discussion...

What the heck is that suppose to be ? Looks like a bug on steriods.

I'm sorry, I should have said intelligent discussion....

JMAfan said:
I'm sorry, I should have said intelligent discussion....

Well since I don't bother with the Ultimate. For my own reasons. Logical question, and what I thought when I first saw it. Now if you would like to enlighten me on what it is. Feel free.

Carp Man said:
Well since I don't bother with the Ultimate. For my own reasons. Logical question, and what I thought when I first saw it. Now if you would like to enlighten me on what it is. Feel free.

Thats not UFF...

just using it as an example of a "shadowy figure" some had spoke of earlier....

I was just thinking with Big G heavily hinted (Thanks, Jessica!) to appear in the sequel, I can't help but wonder if he was connected in any way with that radiation cloud that somehow managed to get way off course according to Reed's calculations and supply five people with awfully convenient powers rather than kill them.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day. I seem to recall that it was brought up on here last year after the movie came out, but it sounds more relevant than ever now. It would certainly make for some good drama. I mean, how weird for them to have to face-off against the person who initially made them what they are now. I always like it when thre is something linking movies like this, and this is certainly one strand that they can have running through and connecting all the dots :D

No he wasn't the source of their powers, except for in the "Heroes Reborn" universe. And since Galactus' very point is that he drains energy, him releasing it to create the FF is a little contradictive.

Dragon said:
No he wasn't the source of their powers, except for in the "Heroes Reborn" universe. And since Galactus' very point is that he drains energy, him releasing it to create the FF is a little contradictive.

I was going by this information (which indicates that this sort of thing would actually be possible):

"Galactus is able to use the vast energies within him for an incalculable number of effects. Some of his most rudimentary abilities are the molecular restructuring or conversion of matter, the projection of energy with enormous concussive force, the teleportation of objects across space or even time, and the erection of invincible energy-screens and force fields. Even his heralds, whom he has endowed with a small fraction of his ever-renewing power, are able to manipulate matter and energy in ways far beyond human comprehension." - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/galactus.htm

We don't know for sure whether or not they will make him the source of their powers in the movie universe, you know how much they change things sometimes.

Of course they could go with that. But it's just that it makes them too "familiar" and limits the scope of the FF.

They can certainly connect them in that their powers all come from the same type of energy- the power cosmic. And perhaps since Galactus wields a great deal of control over that force he might be able to control the FF's powers somewhat.

Yeah, that would make sense. The thing is, if they make it so that he can control them too much then how effectively do they deal with him? If he can "nulify" their powers I mean?

Well, they can't physically defeat him. His powers are too great. They might, although I doubt they will- go the Ultimate Nullifier route.

Reed would likely conceive of a way to reverse Galactus' powers, perhaps by using Galactus' very equipment by which he'd drain the Earth's energies.

I think they more than likely will say that the storm that radiated them, was in fact Galactus caused. It just ties in too well for them to pass it up.

JustABill said:
I think they more than likely will say that the storm that radiated them, was in fact Galactus caused. It just ties in too well for them to pass it up.

But the problem is- why would Galactus cause such a storm? And, if Galactus was in the vicinity, why wouldn't he attack? My point is that there's no need to tie everything together. Things happen randomly and separate of each other. Does every threat have to be connected to the main characters? It was already too much that Doom's powers were generated by the same storm.

maybe the storm will be an after effect of giving the Surfer his powers. At least in the film and he doesnt have to be near by they could just sau he genereated so much power that it caused a storm light years away

Dragon said:
And since Galactus' very point is that he drains energy, him releasing it to create the FF is a little contradictive.

he farted.

I suppose you could say that Galactus does play a role in the Fantastic Four's future. In the Universe-X series co-created by Alex Ross, Franklin evolves into the successor of Galactus. The Galactus we are familiar with was originally a mortal named Galen in another universe in the distant past. His role in the universe is more like a colossal Gardner that weeds out the unworthy planets. Of course, the Skrulls still survived even though he wiped out their homeworld.

Going back to the Universe-X mythos, the existance of metahumans i.e. superheroes/villains on the planets are due to the Eternals who planted the "seed" that leads to the development of the metahumans. Someone may have to correct me on this because I found the story so confusing I almost dozed off reading it.... :D

maybe the "cosmic cloud" was just a fart Galactus let ripp after eating a planet?? hm hmm? :eek:

Okay, I think the flatulence reference was only mildly amusing the first time. Repeating it just proves either you didn't notice someone beat you to it or there must be an echo in here :down

Ok we've been told that They will give us the real Dr.Doom in the next movie. However, given Hollywood's track record That doesn't mean they will get either Surfer or Galactus right first time out. I am especially worried about Galactus seeing waht the Ultimates (crap) has done with the character. seeing how a slight change can affect the look of a character (a la Thing's unibrow), I want to start the official Get it right thread.
Please vote. Let's have a united voice so that there is NO confusion for these people as to what we want.
namely we want Silver surfer to look, act, move and have the powers of the SS.
And we want GALACTUS to LOOK, act and feel like the big G.

This another one of those rediculous fanboy polls. If the spirit of the character is honored, that's all you can ask for.

You can do whatever the bad place you want in a comic book, it doesn't nessisarily translate well to the big screen.

You can make changes to the characters/look of the characters, and have it honor the comics and still be entertaining, ala X1, X2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, or you can make changes that dishonor the comics, and make for a horrible movie ala X3.

Tony Stark said:
This another one of those rediculous fanboy polls. If the spirit of the character is honored, that's all you can ask for.

You can do whatever the bad place you want in a comic book, it doesn't nessisarily translate well to the big screen.

You can make changes to the characters/look of the characters, and have it honor the comics and still be entertaining, ala X1, X2, Spider-Man 1 & 2, or you can make changes that dishonor the comics, and make for a horrible movie ala X3.

Like bad place as long as the sprit is there. Spirit of the comics be damned, I want them done right. There is no other way to do the SS and Galactus. That Ultimate Galactus so far hasn't impressed me one bit. The Surfer with wings and is leading a cult? The only sweet thing i saw was when Galactus fired that Silver ball at the Ultimates HQ and he formed into the version of the SS that we know and loved, but then it was taken down so damn easily by Iron man. If you change them then they aren't the characters they are anymore and if budget is the concern or if their's this silly notion that both galactus and the SS won't be believable to the general public then I say leave them in the comics. These are characters that require good story telling and good fx. If James cameron was at the helm of this project then I'd be far less worried, but Story and Fox? No, leaven them alone. The F4 has other villians i can live with. Doom hasn't even been fully done, so how in the bad place are they going to jump on SS/Galactus????

As long as they don't go the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus route, we should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"