GALACTUS Discussion

MJB said:
FOX THE SILVER SURFER'S HUMANITY WAS SHUT DOWN BY GALACTUS SO HE WOULDN'T FEEL THE GUILT OF HAVING PARTICIPATED IN THE DEATH BILLIONS, HE HAS NO EMOTION WHEN HE IS FIRST INTRODUCED. He wouldn't come in and all of a sudden fall for Sue and be caught in some love triangle. Just leave those space characters in the comics.

No emotions? So why did he betray Galactus and get exiled and imprisoned on earth in the first place? Whinny fanboys need to think about their rants and continuity for a minute before ranting away.

YJ1 said:
No emotions? So why did he betray Galactus and get exiled and imprisoned on earth in the first place? Whinny fanboys need to think about their rants and continuity for a minute before ranting away.

I'm not some whiny fanboy. I'm one the few who actually gives leway. I had no problem with X3's version of Dark Phoenix, while so many b!tched as an example. I've been upfront and even posted that it wouldn't be a terriable idea if the SS can switch back and forth between his silver and humanoid form so long as he's done right and with cgi and not some guy painted silver.

I know all of this doesn't get to the point but i'm expressing to you that I'm not some nitpicky fanboy. I'm very forgiving of changes if they are done to better adapt the movie and cut through years of backstory or something that may not go over well on screen.

My point was that making the Surfer a replacement namor is not in the surfer's character, and this is if Alba's comments are true and the Surfer is going to be in some love triangle between reed and Sue. The Surfer had no emotion or showed next to none. Galactus supressed his humanity some he wouldn't be burden down with the guilt of the billions of deaths that he contributed to. He was hit hard by Ben and fell into Alicia's gallery I believe and it was she who through her comcern and compassion for him helped him to get in touch with his huamnity and thus he betrayed Galactus and was exiled on Earth.

To have the Surfer show up and get in some lovers spat between reed and Sue is not true to the source material and serves no purpose or explaination for introducing the Surfer in the film. The SS and Galactus are very simple in terms of adapting them storywise and a good fx team can do them in live action. I see no reason for changes to either of the characters. This isn't the Xmen with years of back story and convoluted story arcs. Galactus and SS are quite simple and doesn't have years of baggage where changes are needed to adapt them to the big screen. SS gave his life to save his homeworld in exchange he becomes herald to Galactus where he seeks out life sustaining worlds for his master to feed on, end of story. None of the Surfer's history came into play when he made his first appearence. His history or orgin was told after the classic Coming of Galactus story arc.

I´ll be honest and admit that I don´t want a purple Galactus, I´ve always found his color scheme to be a bit silly and would really like it if they updated it for the movie.

Galactus should be more less the same character he was when first introduced on FF, no need to come up with any other explenation for his actions.

kirbyfan said:
It's simple, do them the way Jack Kirby created them!!

Amen! Despite being larger then life and arguably the grandest villians in the
F4's stable the SS/Galactus are very simple, probably the simplest concerning their orgins or more importantly their introduction in the comcis then any of the other F4 villians. Kirby's background on them when they first showed up is perfect and doesn't need changes what so ever, it's to damn simple and easy to follow for a film maker. What adaptions or major changes need to be made? The only thing I can see is costume changes for Galactus and minor physical changes which aren't needed to me. Surfer is fine as is. If FOX can't follow the simple introduction of these two, then they need to move on and leave them in the comics and screw them up.

LMAO....I love some of these polls......no bias in this poll WHATSOEVER....lol

Looks like a political poll to me....

sanitized.jpg

gerbstat said:
Why is there all this ceaseless bickering about Galactus? There has been no official word about his appearance in the film, and only brief allusions as to Silver Surfer appearing. For all we know, the Surfer appears at the end of the second film as a setup for the third.

Let's all just wait and see....

Hmmmm...I think theres probably more of the SS to see in the movie than just the end....but yeah nothing is known as far as Galactus...

so.. should the surfer's look be similar to Colossus in the X-Men films?

should they go in another direction?

as far as Galactus.. i think his physical image should be re-thought.. don't do a literal remake of the Kirby '65 look.. have someone like Jae Lee redesign it.. and don't bother with a "name" person for Galactus' voice..

I don't wanna see this horrible Robot crap.. I want to see Norrin Rad the way he is.. I want to see the emotion he delt with after leaving Zen-la.. I wanna see a Giant Purple Head eating planets as if they were Happy Meals.. I don't care if its the Ultimate Surfer with wings and 9 rows of teeth.. I want him to have the same depth as he did in the comics.. you felt sorry for him..

Hypestyle said:
so.. should the surfer's look be similar to Colossus in the X-Men films?

should they go in another direction?

as far as Galactus.. i think his physical image should be re-thought.. don't do a literal remake of the Kirby '65 look.. have someone like Jae Lee redesign it.. and don't bother with a "name" person for Galactus' voice..
why?
why not?
haven't you seen the Galactus statue done by Bowen design? why would you need to change anything on that.

o

I'd like to see a Galactus who looks as closely as possible to the comic version.

ShadowBoxing said:
I'd like to see a Galactus who looks as closely as possible to the comic version.

Amen! I'm all for slight modifications, but he should be pretty darn close to his comic counterpart.

One thing I think they should do is a trick they used in Disney's Pinocio (spelling wrong? but who cares), in the scenes with the whale Monstero. They never show all of Monstero, he is always cropped somehow by the screen. That makes him seem bigger. They should never show all of Galactus, in full body shots his legs should be cut off at the calves and his helmet should be cut off too. In close ups they should cut him off at his helmet and shoulders and there should be mostly extreme close ups.

I also think to pull of Galactus right they should use both CGF (small amount) and a person with someone elses face superimposed. Like Lord of the Rings did with Gimly. They could use a big Wrestler's body and another actors face.

They should also not shy away from making his armor look elaberate and ornimental, sort of flowery (kingly and powerful looking) but also made up of micro chip looking bits and glowing parts.

His voice should be booming like it is coming from all around them, like suround sound.

Surfer should be simple, all silver and a silver surf board. but i would accept maybe alien tatooed writings all over him, like a line of writing on his arms and legs and some on his chest, maybe some on his face or back of head. And some on his board. It should look like it was carved into the silver skin, revealing the glowing light inside him. maybe similar writing on Galactus to connect them together. Or maybe have Surfer have little micro chip looking paterns on him, llike galactus.
Also Surfer could look slightly less human. Maybe larger eyes, smaller ears, smaller nose, almost unnoticably longer neck/limbs/fingers/torso 9not not too much, barely any)

But they shouldn't try to make it realistic or more belivable. Fantastic Four is a book about family but also adventure in space and the unbelivable happening. Galactus in all his glory and his heral the surfer would fall along those lines.

FF could be one of the greatest space/super hero/adventure movies if they did it right. It should be marvelous and unreal and amazing just to look at.

I've only just got to the part where name gah lak tus has just been said in the comics so i havent seen anythin as of yet. So i did a lil research and maaaaaaaaaan i DO NOT want no ultimate version, i dont know what was goin on in the writers heads when they thought of this, but i really dont like it!!!!

I don't see anything wrong with the look of USS...haven't seen enough of U Galactus to have an opinion.....as far as the storyline....the original seems an easy enough storyline to follow...

Casius--J said:
I've only just got to the part where name gah lak tus has just been said in the comics so i havent seen anythin as of yet. So i did a lil research and maaaaaaaaaan i DO NOT want no ultimate version, i dont know what was goin on in the writers heads when they thought of this, but i really dont like it!!!!
Really. When I learned of that...I mean, why didn't they just get a cab, go to Jack Kirby's grave, whip out their things and piss all over it?

And the thing is, the Ultimate crap is more updated and believable to the mind of a "saavy" reader of today, so I'm sure it's way more likely that Galactus, in a movie, will be a colony of CGI bugs as opposed to a giant with purple antlers.

There's really no one in Hollywood with the balls to make a real Fantastic Four movie that's true to the spirit of Jack Kirby except maybe that Rodriguez dude.
What a revoltin' development.:down

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Really. When I learned of that...I mean, why didn't they just get a cab, go to Jack Kirby's grave, whip out their things and piss all over it?

And the thing is, the Ultimate crap is more updated and believable to the mind of a "saavy" reader of today, so I'm sure it's way more likely that Galactus, in a movie, will be a colony of CGI bugs as opposed to a giant with purple antlers.

A colony of robotic bugs is more believable? It may make it easier for the creative team at FOX to use a colony of bugs like the Matrix, but it wouldn't be any less believable then the true Galactus. Galactus should be who he is in the comics and not that boring Ultimate Crap with the billions of little bug ships.

MJB said:
A colony of robotic bugs is more believable? It may make it easier for the creative tram at FOX to use a colony of bugs like the Matrix, but it wouldn't be any less believable then the true Galactus. Galactus should be who he is in the comics and not that boring Ultimate Crap with the billions of little bug ships.

Believe me, if those morons can think of a way to screw it up, piss on Jack Kirby's grave and dash my hopes for a great F4 movie against the rocks like so many ripe melons, they will do it.:(

Does anyone have any scans/summaries of Ultimate SS and Galactus. I've never really read the ultimates.

Since they did seem to lean more toward the Ultimate version in the first film rather than Lee Kirby, we may be getting more of the same. I'd like to prepare myself if anyone can offer any info.

Willie Lumpkin said:
Does anyone have any scans/summaries of Ultimate SS and Galactus. I've never really read the ultimates.

Since they did seem to lean more toward the Ultimate version in the first film rather than Lee Kirby, we may be getting more of the same. I'd like to prepare myself if anyone can offer any info.

There isn't a picture of Galactus. The Ss looks like himself, but he has some kind of square wings on his back, then at another point he didn't. Also Another Silver Surfer looking dude was fired from one of the Galaktus bug ships. It was a ball of Silver then turned to humanoid form. Some much was left unanswered and no Watcher. I suspect that all the Bug ships are just drones for Galactus and he's somewhere proabably at his base and the the drone ships bring back the energy he needs. I also suspect that since Earth drove him off or his drones, he's going to show up down the line. Well at least I'm hoping.

I definitely want it like the original comics, with minor tweaking perhaps, as opposed to the Ultimates. Look at what happened when they f**ked around with Doom.

No, it's not a stolen storyboard from the FF movie but I sure wish this was.

Steve Rude has worked for Marvel in the past and his style is very reminscent of the best of the Marvel Silver Age artists. He's a great fan of Jack Kirby and Gene Colan. I saw his commissioned art auction on eBay the other night and immediately thought this could almost be a storyboard for FF: The next chapter.

DoctorDoomGalactus-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"