Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well OK, I stand corrected then :hehe:

This entire movie got the excuse to be made off of campaigning, but you are right in that it generally doesn't happen. People can bring up several examples where it did, but I'm sure there are far more examples where it does not. Like the Rock wanted to be in the new Star Wars, even if it was a bit role. He didn't get in.

Oscar Isaac put out feelers that he wanted to play Apocalypse and look where he is now.

Can't stand Vin Diesel. I hope he's not in Inhumans. TBH I hope Inhumans doesn't happen. :oldrazz:

Better than a mute Bumblebee that literally took a piss ON someone!

Oscar Isaac put out feelers that he wanted to play Apocalypse and look where he is now.

Can't stand Vin Diesel. I hope he's not in Inhumans. TBH I hope Inhumans doesn't happen. :oldrazz:

I'm pretty meh about that Inhumans movie myself.

I'm pretty meh about that Inhumans movie myself.

problem with inhumans is it causing studio wars.

On Agents of Shield it couldn't be more obvious the Inhumans are replacement
for mutants.and they were setting up all the Inhumans on TV for film.now granted maybe a change has occured since films and TV are different now.

That is why I am so meh on Inhumans.

Well they don't have the rights to the X-Men, so what did you expect them to use?:huh: And the film will be exploring the royalty and such. I doubt it'll be set on earth as much as people want to believe.

On twitter it has been reported Channing Tatum is trying to get Doug Liman to
take over Gambit.

The Bourne Identity had a budget of 60 million. The Inside Man had a budget of 40 million. Honestly, it is not that this movie should have a budget the size of Deadpool, but it should not have one the size of 47 Ronin. If Doug Liman takes over, that's great, Edge of Tomorrow had a higher budget and it made back that budget and more. Yet remember, it is not considered a commercial success.

Yet Tatum's highest big budget movie, Jupiter Ascending, had a higher budget than this and barely made back its budget. So yes, Tatum can make back a budget that big when the film is bad. He did it for GI Joe as well, and that movie was the definition of average yet was also a commercial success. So I guess now, the point isn't whether or not it'll make back its budget, unless it is horrible like Fantastic Four (Which still made over the budget of this film) I don't think there is going to be a problem with the film being a commercial success.

Now, I personally think that Josh Zetumer is a good screenwriter and off of a treatment by Claremont could do great things. Reid Carolin said that the script was good, but it's his movie, so. Devin Faraci said that according to his sources, the script is really good... but this guy also said Fantastic Four was good. Yet you have to agree with one thing, the script had to be good for somebody of Wyatt's caliber to sign on yet the reason people say he signed off was because they did not want him to rewrite the script. In those reports, it doesn't say he wanted to rewrite because it was bad, but because he wanted to make the script his own. Yet, this is like the fourth project this guy has dropped out of. Arronofsky and Miller passed on the movie, the former because he's an eccentric I'd wager and the latter I'd say probably doesn't make movies like these.

I don't know. I'd rather have this over Inhumans (so is the terrigen going to be in the DNA of those animals now, or is it just like there and when you eat it it's gone or what?). You have to remember, though, movie passion projects don't always end up well. I mean look at Tammy or Wild Wild West. Or, they end up great like Artificial Intelligence and Che and Coward Robert Ford. Gambit is a passion project by the producer and lead actor, Che was by the lead actor and Wild West was by the producer.

I feel like this movie will be good, but we need to hope there isn't too much backstage turmoil.

Didn't know that Isaac wanted Apocalypse, that's really cool. I guess it happens more often than not.

@Mr. Youtube

Jupiter Ascending did not make anywhere close to its budget back. It was a massive flop. Remember, studios don't actually see all of the box office money (especially overseas, which is where JA made the majority of its box office). Using Fantastic Four as an example was also a mistake. It did not make its budget back. It lost at least $100,000,000.

Just because Tatum wants Liman doesn't mean that he is going to get him.

Tatum also wanted Aronofsky and a few others, so that's very true. bad place, he wanted Wyatt, too. That really worked out...

Right he wanted Aronofsky and Fox Catcher's Bennet Miller. Nothing wrong with him trying to get these directors, it's a smart idea. Liman is a more realistic choice than those two.

Doug Liman definitely seems like a more realistic choice and also a vaguely more exciting choice to me than Rupert Wyatt. I feel like he could make this pop, I wasn't so sure that Wyatt could.

@Mr. Youtube

Jupiter Ascending did not make anywhere close to its budget back. It was a massive flop. Remember, studios don't actually see all of the box office money (especially overseas, which is where JA made the majority of its box office). Using Fantastic Four as an example was also a mistake. It did not make its budget back. It lost at least $100,000,000.

Production budget. I did not include marketing budget.

It still didn't actually make its production budget back. Nowhere close to it.

I think Fox should just scrap this project. Let it go..

Well certainly we know that it isn't coming out next year unless it has an unbelievably rushed production.

Do they even have a fully realized script? Yeah I don't see them making that 2016 date.

It's October 18th and there is no director and the film is supposed to come out in less than a year? Far fetched doesn't even begin to cover it.

If I'm gonna predict here, I'll say this will be stuck in development bad place for a long time and will be canceled eventually. I don't really see why Fox is banking on this film. I don't really have an interest in it and would rather see something like X-Force. 150 million dollar Gambit film? Come on... I couldn't be the only one who was like "Really"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"