"Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 3

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Thread Manager, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]505301[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]502423[/split]

3. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

If rumours are to be believed, this supposedly has a magnificent script (Claremont's?). I wonder what's holding it up.

4. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I think Claremont just co wrote the treatment

5. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

The script is susposily very good that even a hater of fox films liked it.

Wyatt left because of disagreements with tatum and the producers which tatum is one.Liman left because of problems with head of fox

claremont yes only wrote the script treatment.

6. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Now in everyone's opinion where should Gambit take place timeline wise?

IMO

He needs to be intro'd in X7 then spun off into a solo

7. marvelrobbins

susposily gambit screenplay is written to be set in present.

now since fox plans for full X-Men films are to continue with apocalypse cast
    Gambit should take place in past so he can join the X-men after solo film.
    Gambit should not be in X-force.

8. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I have a feeling he'll be the Fantonax replacement. Can't have two mask guys.

9. marvelrobbins

at this point i think X-force will be cable,Deadpool,Domino,X-23,Colossus,and TNW.now if gambit gets director and is made then gambit is probally going to be part of X-force.

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow never were an issue and always the fan favs. Plenty of comic characters wear masks. Don't think that's an actual rule or anything to go by if they want to use Fantomex. Him and Deadpool were teammates after all in the only vol where Wades actually a part of the team.

Nonetheless, Gambits characteristics fit the X-Force traits. He'd be a good addition. Always thought he should be on that team in comics.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  11. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Hope this does still happen at some point

12. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Do you think they'll put him in X-Force? Seems doubtful, but if Gambit is set in the present (like Deadpool), there aren't many other MAIN characters he can interact with.

Unless they reboot someone we already had in the movies (like Deadpool did with Colossus).

13. marvelrobbins

Gambit's history in new orleans and thieves and assassins guilds are enough for a film.i know some only care about gambit paired with rogue but gambit is more than that.If they keep this film set in present i feel like X-force is only
    team they can put him on.

I feel news Collossus and TNW are back for deadpool 2 may be signal they will be part of X-force.

Kinberg seemed to hint at sinister could be in gambit film

14. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I'd like to see them base Gambit's first movie off his first solo mini Gambit #1 (Vol. 1) which was the inspiration for Gambit's solo episode on TAS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cyclops: C'mon Gambit, can't you make this program a little tougher.

Gambit: Why? You don't like Gambit to be gentle?

Cyclops: Our enemies won't be. Crank it up.

Then just have Remy coolin in the danger room relaxing

[​IMG]

Ring..... Ring....

[​IMG]

Gambit: "Xavier's School!?"

Thief: "Remy!?"

Gambit: "Who is dis!? How you get dis' numba!?"

Thief: "Remy, it Bobby. You got to come down quick. He's in trouble.

Gambit: " Then let him get out of it"

Thief: "But Remy, it's the tithe ! Bobby disappeared! And if he ain't there with the tithe, you know what gonna happen. Wait a second. Something's wrong!"

[​IMG]

Then you do like Captain America: The Winter Solider... And put Gambit with a couple of X-Men (Any two between Jubilee, Rogue, or Psylocke) on a mission down to the bayou & go with Gambit.

Rogue: "Gambit! Cyclops! Gambit, What in tarnation are you doing cajun? Cyclops was alone in there! You could have killed him!"

[​IMG]

Gambit: .......

Rogue: "You alright swamp rat?"

Gambit: "I got to go home, chère. They're gonna waste my brother."

[​IMG]

15. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Well to be fair the Taxi driver is coming back also but he probably won't be part of X-Force ;p

although giving the circumstances it would keep this version of colossus around if they had him join X-Force

He could be the X-Force Villain

Its possible.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  16. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Rogue One! Rogue is the one that I need in this movie, whether it's a supporting or a cameo role, it's a must!

17. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Itll hurt the box office results if they don't

18. psylockolussus

I don't know about that. But having Rogue in the film would add more interest to the film. As of the moment, the anticipation for this Gambit movie is as cold as the anticipation for Legion. And like I said, this movie should tease Gambit joinj g the X-Men in the future. Similar to what MCu is doing with Stephen, Peter, Tchalla and Scott.

19. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I think adding the #2 X-Men Romance to the film will help get female fans interested.

But seeing how #1 Cyclops & Phoenix's been botched all these years FoX probably doesn't care about romance.

Even though in X-Men if the characters aren't related they've probably dated that part of the IP must bore fox. Even though I feel X-Men is one part Soap Opera.

Shame Wade & Vanessa is the best on screen x romance.

Its just frustrating because i actually hate most marvel romances because the women are just humans who can't defend themselves but X-Men the women are often stronger than the men. Two Heroes > Hero & His Damsel in Distress

20. psylockolussus

To me, its not even the romance part. Like we got someone like Colossus and that Warhead girl in a Deadpool film, so why not Rogue in a Gambit movie? Marvel would do that in a heartbeat if they are doing this Gambit movie, Wb would do too. It also opens up the possibility of Gambit joining g or teaming up with the X-Men. We don't need Gambit in X-Force, we already have Deadpool for that and possibly Laura. So include Rogue, tease a team up with the X-Men and that would please a lot of viewers.

21. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

If they could actually capture the reason on why Rogue and Gambit are popular/work then they will cash in. If they continue to have Rogue being a whiney girl who needs to be saved every film and doesn't fight, then no. Won't be worth it. Depends on the writing and if they want to make an effort.

When Negasonic (Z list) kicks more ass then Rogue (A List) there are some serious character issues going on.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  22. psylockolussus

I think Rogue should be the Colossus of this film. Already training someone, then looks out for a "troubled" mutant and eventually helped that mutant which is Gambit. Then I guess, a little hint of romance wouldn't be bad. A cameo from the other X-Men in the mansion would be so great too. Like imagine if we had Halle Berry cameod or Famke Jannsen in that Deadpool movie, that would have been so cool to see how they would interact with each other.

23. Neptune

Neptune Uchiha

I would much rather have Storm in a Gambit film than Rogue. Storm is his best friend on the team and the one who introduced him to Charles. Save the Rogue/Gambit romance for team movies.

Also Rogue needs to be recast and rewritten for this relationship to work. Because there'ain't no way in hell that my boy Gambit would be enamored with this weak version of Rogue.

And Gambit in X-force would be F'ing epic. I might be a little biased because Gambit and Deadpool are my favorite superheroes ever but still, this isn't a bad idea. Gambit is already shady, a thief and has a lot of questionable connections.

24. psylockolussus

The thing is why save all these characters just for the X-Force. Deadpool, X-23 then possibly Warhead and Colossus might end up in X-Force. Why not save Gambit for the X-Men? It would look like that the present day X-Men aren't important and relevant anymore.

25. Zant

Zant Well-Known Member

If this film has Ms Marvel Rogue, then I think she would be a bigger draw than Mr. Le Beau Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.