Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give the two movies I mentioned if you want to see him actually, ya know, act.

I couldn't care less if he's acting in those movies are great or not.

Like I said, I don't mind if he's the new Gambit.

Somebody get Donner away from this franchise cause she done lost her mind. Tatum is a decent actor but Gambit he is not.

Is she blind?
Tatum with his Shrek's ears and massive face definitely doesn't fit to Gambit look.

This is the perfect example of casting someone who's hot at the moment instead of finding someone best suited for the role.

Plus Tatum isn't that hot anymore. White House Down bombed.

Please, no. It would be awful, just awful.

2 years ago all she talked about was Deadpool. Look what happened there. Now she's talking Gambit. Same thing will happen again. This film will never see the light of day.

If anything muscle-neck would make a decent Colossus but Gambit?

No way.

Have any of you seen anything he's been in, besides G.I. Joe? I thought he showed natural charm and comedic chops in 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike. .

And have you seen Aidan Turner in Being Human and The Hobbit, he's a talented actor and very versatile, whth experience in action secuences, hot and very charming. Not to mention that in Being Human he's got a Gambit vibe with the lond hair, specially if he gains a few weight.

Get Taylor Kitsch back, I say!

(But I don't mind Channing... 1 weird Gambit is better than no Gambit at all...)

On another site, someone suggested Norman Reedus who plays Daryl from The Walking Dead.

It's definitely one of the best casting suggestions for Gambit I've read recently.

Yeah, that's a real good casting choice with Reedus.
2 years ago all she talked about was Deadpool. Look what happened there. Now she's talking Gambit. Same thing will happen again. This film will never see the light of day.
The studio and Donner have talked up both Deadpool and Gambit films much longer then 2 years. Nothing new here besides her wanting to cast Tatum. They will always have them in some sort of development until they get made. Be it 1 or 15 years from now. Especially since there's no more Daredevil and even more so if F4 flops. They can make both Deadpool and Gambit fairly cheap and both have big followings.

Last edited:

She's still talking about Deadpool, for what it's worth. She said the script is great, but they're still waiting... for something clearly.

Maybe the franchise will be a little more stable after DOFP and some of these smaller properties will start to trickle out. Or not. Looks like Donner is far more interested in this world than Fox is.

Looks like Donner is far more interested in this world than Fox is.

Yup, seems like she keeps mentioning having to push the studio more and more as years go by.

Is she blind to why Origins sucked? It wasnt because of Taylor. He was decent and looks like Gambit 100% more than this guy.

Gambit is one of my favorite characters but Taylor Kitsch didn't leave much of an impact.

Nothing stood out acting wise that made me say "this guy is Gambit".

Hugh Jackman embodies Wolverine's personality. Ditto for Patrick Stewart's Charles Xavier.

I think we can do better than Taylor Kitsch.

I don't know why, but some years ago I'd imagined that Vincent Cassel would have been an excellent Gambit.

Me too.

He played a smooth theif in Ocean's Twelve.

Just imagine him with black and red eyes.

This is the perfect example of casting someone who's hot at the moment instead of finding someone best suited for the role.

Plus Tatum isn't that hot anymore. White House Down bombed.

I'm not sure White House Down bombing was really his or Jamie Foxx's fault, it was a couple of poor studio decisions that doomed it IMO - it was terribly placed within the calender year by coming out at the end of June in the middle of blockbuster season, plus Olympus Has Fallen had already come out 3 months before. White House Down isn't a great movie by any means, but it's a really good Redbox movie, perfect popcorn flick & it makes for a fun drinking game :woot: In a lot of ways, it's a throwback to 80s action movies with a some good comedic moments due to the chemistry of Tatum & Foxx.

I have yet to see Magic Mike but I've heard that Tatum is actually very good in the role. He was hilarious in 21 Jump Street too, so I wouldn't completely write off Tatum as Gambit.

What about 21 Jump Street or Magic Mike would make Channing a great Gambit?

Just because Channing hasn't played any role similar to the range of a potential Gambit doesn't mean he can't pull it off.

I will never get those arguments.

Before Batman, had Michael Keaton shown in any role that he would make a great Batman?

Channing-Tatum-as-Gambit.jpg

Come on, mon ami

Just because Channing hasn't played any role similar to the range of a potential Gambit doesn't mean he can't pull it off.

I will never get those arguments.

Before Batman, had Michael Keaton shown in any role that he would make a great Batman?

Keaton was extremely versatile.

and this goes beyond acting. Gambit is a slender, scruffy, witty, cajun, expert thief.

Channing simply doesn't fit in any way whatsover.

Why not pick another skilled actor who looks the part instead of casting a goofy looking hunk who was hot in 2012.

You know what? At this point I'm realizing I don't even want this movie to be good, because I'm sick of Fox having the rights to X-men.

Danny DeVito for Gambit.

You know what? At this point I'm realizing I don't even want this movie to be good, because I'm sick of Fox having the rights to X-men.

Danny DeVito for Gambit.

You do realise that's the worst approach to have?

The film being rubbish won't change a thing, Fox won't give up the rights to X-Men. All I want is great enjoyable X-Men movies, and even if you don't like Fox that's the only thing to hope for

Keaton was extremely versatile.

and this goes beyond acting. Gambit is a slender, scruffy, witty, cajun, expert thief.

Channing simply doesn't fit in any way whatsover.

Why not pick another skilled actor who looks the part instead of casting a goofy looking hunk who was hot in 2012.

I'd say most of those actually has to do with acting and writing, except slender and scruffy, but those can be fixed too.

But for me I'm not too tied down with Gambit having to be slender and scruffy to work. I want the spirit of Gambit captured, a literal translation is not a priority for me.

So the actor you want has to be both actual cajun and actual expert thief? Show me that actor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"