Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about you guys, but I think it would be a nice, modern update if Channing would have an undercut hairdo in this supposed new Gambit movie. :)

It's a good way to transport his classic look into modern times.
The guy in this pic even looks like Channing :)

gambitundercut.jpg

He's nice to look at. And Gambit looks good too.

lol @ Channing Tatum with that hair. Don't see it happening.

Gambit and Rogue should be brought into X-Men: Apocalypse as horsemen imo. That would be fun. A Gambit film featuring the pair could follow.

While you continue to "debate", CT just showed off his Cajun accent on the Ellen show. It's a canny way to respond to the Gambit casting news.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Casting news? All I've heard is that Donner would like for Channing Tatum to be Gambit in a movie. That doesn't mean that he WILL be Gambit. Where are you getting that from?
In another 10 years, you are probably still here but with 2000+ posts.
What's wrong with that?

So they are dumping out Taylor Kitsch like yesterday's trash?

well, Lone Survivor has both Taylor Kitsch and Ben Foster, and it is a #1 movie on USA, with over 105m in a few weeks and counting.

So its not like USA hates him.

and yes, Mark Walberg is in the movie too, but Ive only read great reviews about Taylor and Ben performances.

so the theory that Taylor is a negative factor being in the X-Men universe is just ridiculous.

Movies arent a flop because of the lead actor, to think that is, no offense to anyone, a childish theory.

Both Tom Cruise and Will Smith has had flops. Does that mean that they shouldnt appear on more movies? Same with Jonny Deep and Armie Hammer?

No, so lets open the mind a bit.

They want someone who can hold up a solo film and make money, channing is probably more appealing then Taylor Kitsch in that thought

Taylor Kitsch did origins and then went on to be the leading man for John carter and that bombed, so thats gonna be held over his head for quite a long time

as Ive said on other topic, at the end people see what they wanna see.

John Carter made more than 200m on the foreign market. That to me is a success, but since on USA it had bad numbers, at the end, people preffer to see him as the lead of a flop movie.

Many other actors have had worse numbers on the foreign market, yet none talk about that.

John Carter was a flop on USA for Disney, but at the end Taylor K. had a bigger impact and audience on the rest of the world than other actors and movies, and that to me says something.

but again, people see what they preffer to see.

as Ive said on other topic, at the end people see what they wanna see.

John Carter made more than 200m on the foreign market. That to me is a success, but since on USA it had bad numbers, at the end, people preffer to see him as the lead of a flop movie.

Many other actors have had worse numbers on the foreign market, yet none talk about that.

John Carter was a flop on USA for Disney, but at the end Taylor K. had a bigger impact and audience on the rest of the world than other actors and movies, and that to me says something.

but again, people see what they preffer to see.

The wolverine Is second most popular X-Men film overseas yet people dismiss that here.

I still question wisedom of having ryan reynold splay deadpool again.He doesn't exactly bring In the audences.Although it's likely next time we see Deadpool would be In Apocalypse or X-Force.

I cost much, much more than that to put out. It was a box office bomb, no debate.

Taylor Kitsch talks about Channing Tatum possibly playing Gambit:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/02/10/channing-tatum-would-kill-it-as-gambit-says-taylor-kitsch/

Taylor Kitsch originated the live-action adaptation of New Orleans mutant Remy “Gambit” LeBeau in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but another actor has his eye on continuing the part: Channing Tatum.

While Kitsch says he would reprise the Gambit role “under the right circumstances,” he has no problem with the idea of Tatum taking over the character.

“If he does it, good on him,” he told the Chicago Tribune. “He’ll kill it. It’s such cool character. Whoever plays him will be a lucky guy.”

“I’m not going to be like ‘Oh my God, why don’t I get to play him?’ If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be,” Kitsch added. “And if not, I’ll move on. If they cast [Tatum], I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he kicks the [crap] out of it.”

Tatum made his interest in Gambit known during a White House Down press conference in 2013. Longtime X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner added her voice of support to the idea of Tatum as Gambit during a recent interview, saying, “How can anyone resist Channing? He’s such a sweetheart.”

For now, the only two X-Men movies with confirmed release dates are X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23, 2014) and X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27, 2016). Gambit is not expected to appear in Days of Future Past, though perhaps there’s room for the raging Cajun in Apocalypse

so glad someone has finally asked him about it, and even more glad to read that he is up to return, and with the right circunstances.

And Im quite surprised seeing how many people is supporting his return on other sites.

This should give the studio more support to bring him back. They have been wasting such a cool and badass character so many years, its time for his return, damm

A little late to the party, but when I read this on Empire, I went...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (in a Darth Vader voice)

Nothing against Tatum as an actor-I liked him in Magic Mike, but casting him as Gambit will be along the other bad casting decisions in the X Men franchise (Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, etc.) They are all great actors, but not right for the role. They missed the boat with Josh Holloway (sigh).

But who knows? I'll probably try to give him the benefit of the doubt if this ever happens (which it most likely won't)

Oh, no. Just no. I'd rather see them cast a nobody with some talent than Channing who has like.. none. :( Gross!

So if Gambit is present in the 80s in Apocalypse, what would people think of Woody Harrleson playing his older self in the present day?

Meh. Not sure Gambit will have anything to do with Apocalypse yet, but I'm not too interested in Tatum in any time period. I'm not against him per say, but I think there's better choices.

The one thing I would hope for is the Gambit spin-off would be present day and feature Paquin's Rogue. It'd be a great way to utilise her character in a new and interesting way, and their relationship is a fan-favourite.

Eoin Macken from Merlin and The Night Shift would make a good Gambit. He isn't famous enough to lead a solo film yet though.

Channing Tatum said:
I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I’ve ever loved. I mean I’ve loved them all, they’re all great, but I guess from being down south – my dad’s from Louisiana, I’m from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida – I don’t know. I just related to him. He’s just kind of suave… He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who’s like the anti-hero. He’s a thief. He’s not even a hero. He’s kind of walking the line of grey…He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff so he’s just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center….I hope it [comes together]. You never know it’s a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment.

/Film - Channing Tatum Has Taken a Meeting to Play Gambit (4:25 in video)

I just don't see Gambit in this guy. He is too jockish.

^ agreed top muscly and not suave enough for my taste. He has expressed that he's a fan of gambit so that a plus and he could probably pull of it off

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind him as Gambit.

So G.I. Joe tries to dump him,so X-men can pick him up to replace a superior actor?

What kind of a world do we live in?:doh:

I'm okay with him being Gambit.

But for the love of God, don't make a solo Gambit film.

Dear Lord, not Tatum. Anyone else but.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"