Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel isn't dany so we have to hate her.

mel doesnt have repetitive speeches about how shes going to do things... while sitting in the same pose and blank stare.
tumblr_nkyphmdwqV1s95j2so1_250.gif

definitely ramsays bride... so people will like poor Reek again
There's no actual plot requirement that Ramsey have a bride. In any event, Sansa can't marry him as Sansa (for a bunch of reasons), and I'm not sure why Ramsey would marry Littlefinger's niece.

Though given D&D's awful track record with Sansa, you can never rule anything out.

There's no actual plot requirement that Ramsey have a bride. In any event, Sansa can't marry him as Sansa (for a bunch of reasons), and I'm not sure why Ramsey would marry Littlefinger's niece.

Though given D&D's awful track record with Sansa, you can never rule anything out.

Marrying a Stark means quite a bit for winterfell, the people and just the North in general.

Sansa can take fake Aryas book role.

And as ALL marriages go in GoT.. for political purposes, and shes also Lysa niece. Marrying Ramsay to a stark (or fake stark)unites Boltons, Tullys, Aryns, Baelish, and Stark. Im assuming you havent read the books. but anyways i was tlaking more of a G.A. perspective, putting sansa in Jeynes place engages the G.A. more and would make them care more about the entire situation.

Last edited:
There is a sense that we need a Stark daughter in Winterfell during this period of time because they would be the key to holding the North, hence why Stannis offers to legitimise Jon. Having a Stark daughter to save is also what draws a lot of the mountain clans to the Baratheon side, and also what causes the Boltons so many enemies amongst their "allies" because it sickens these men that "Ned's girl" is in the hands of Ramsay. It's what galvanises the Northern lords into acting. That old Stark loyalty paying off posthumously.

Roose has a better way with words than me. He once told me I was unattractive and no one would ever love me.

One thing, though. Look up the actress playing Winterfell Worker. She looks like Maise.

edit: I'd like for them to include Mel taking Davos' last son on as a servant so that the boy wouldn't have to go to war.

So, I read a trailer analysis that pointed that not only Sansa is at Winterfell due to being in the crypts, but that we see House Arryn riding into Winterfell (I missed both when I watched the trailer the first few times).

This means that Sansa and Littlefinger are going to Winterfell, which pretty much confirms not only is Jeyne Poole gone, but that they're rewriting Theon's story...which is really, really interesting to me. My hope is that if they're throwing book plotting to the wind that Sansa gets to kill at least one of the Boltons, most preferably Roose as he did much more harm to the Starks (sorry, Theon).

And if Brienne is clearly in the North in the trailer, this means that we are not going to be seeing LS by the sounds of it. All very interesting.

yea mel def needs some work done lol

and even that winterfell worker is farya, fine... as long as theon and sansa have some scenes together then the world isnt completely gone to ****... or cut.

So, I read a trailer analysis that pointed that not only Sansa is at Winterfell due to being in the crypts, but that we see House Arryn riding into Winterfell (I missed both when I watched the trailer the first few times).

This means that Sansa and Littlefinger are going to Winterfell, which pretty much confirms not only is Jeyne Poole gone, but that they're rewriting Theon's story...which is really, really interesting to me. My hope is that if they're throwing book plotting to the wind that Sansa gets to kill at least one of the Boltons, most preferably Roose as he did much more harm to the Starks (sorry, Theon).

And if Brienne is clearly in the North in the trailer, this means that we are not going to be seeing LS by the sounds of it. All very interesting.
It doesn't mean Theon story is changed really... just the characters involved with it.

would anyone be opposed to Sansa taking on (or being a part of) Mance's fun n games in Winterfell? Yellow Dick better not be cut. lol

I think LS is being omitted to drum up suspense among the unsullied in light of the Ides. They probably won't recall Thoros reviving Beric.

I was hoping Sansa would take on Lord Manderly's and Lady Dustin's roles. Mance's involvement is one of the many things that I loved about the Winterfell arc.

Lady Dustin was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that shot of Sansa in the Crypts. I'm thinking we may even get that famous "Why do you hate the Starks?" "Because I wanted to be one of them" scene, only with Sansa there to ask him out of genuine emotional need, which I think is potentially a powerful and fantastic change from the books.

I think the pieces are there for it to be at least spiritually faithful to that storyline, but also to enhance it with the inclusion of Sansa.

Lady Dustin was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that shot of Sansa in the Crypts. I'm thinking we may even get that famous "Why do you hate the Starks?" "Because I wanted to be one of them" scene, only with Sansa there to ask him out of genuine emotional need, which I think is potentially a powerful and fantastic change from the books.

I think the pieces are there for it to be at least spiritually faithful to that storyline, but also to enhance it with the inclusion of Sansa.

season 2.. Bran.. 'Did you hate us the whole time?' and Theons look in that scene, with the bit you mentioned...**** yes!

have bran somehow see it or something... that would add SO much to the 'Theon' whisper.

Well done, Lord Bolton.

Marrying a Stark means quite a bit for winterfell, the people and just the North in general.

Sansa can take fake Aryas book role.

And as ALL marriages go in GoT.. for political purposes, and shes also Lysa niece. Marrying Ramsay to a stark (or fake stark)unites Boltons, Tullys, Aryns, Baelish, and Stark. Im assuming you havent read the books. but anyways i was tlaking more of a G.A. perspective, putting sansa in Jeynes place engages the G.A. more and would make them care more about the entire situation.
Why would you assume I haven't read the books? I'm posting in the book readers' thread. And marrying a Stark was important in the book. There's no inherent requirement for it (hence, none amongst the Unsullied are wondering which Stark Ramsey is going to marry). Beyond which, Sansa can't marry Ramsey, as she's already married (not to mention, one rather doubts that Sansa is going to lose her virginity to Ramsey Bolton; that's grotesque).

Well that was never consummated, and it's not exactly hard to prove that if they have a Maester on hand.

As for a potential bedding scene with Ramsay being grotesque....well that's the point. It was a grotesque scene with Jeyne in the book, and by nature the whole character of Ramsay is grotesque, its not completely outside the series. Sophie Turner did also say that there was a major traumatic scene for Sansa this season, so I wouldn't say it's beyond the realm of possibility that something of that nature might occur. But let's put that aside for now.

Here's another possibility; Sansa is informally betrothed to Ramsay in much the same way she was to Harry the Heir, a plot by Littlefinger to lull the Boltons into the palm of his hand before he inevitably betrays them and takes power for himself . Now a betrothal, and a wardship of Sansa is similar to marriage in terms of what it would mean in the eyes of Northmen. It's having a daughter of Ned Stark kept in the clutches of Ramsay which would still incite them. We also know that Littlefinger returns to King's Landing at some point this season, perhaps to deal with his brothels and base of power being disrupted by the High Sparrow, and/or perhaps to take advantage of Cersei's fall. Either way he leaves Winterfell. Yet we see a number of Arryn bannermen and soldiers riding into Winterfell, and you also have to remember that last season a point was made to show Lord Royce's loyalty to the Starks, so perhaps Littlefinger arranges for the Royces to stay behind and maintain Sansa innocence until he can claim that for himself. In that sense Sansa is still a hostage effectively in her own home and under the thumb of the Boltons, but gives her a level of independence from them. Having her own men loyal to her also continues on the ADWD aspect of Roose having to deal with enemies outside his gates and within. So she's effectively Jeyne Poole, Lady Dustin, Wyman Manderly all in one, with perhaps GreatJon Umber there to help take on some of Manderly's other aspects. And to the outside world, as in the other northerners, Stannis, Jon etc it becomes an effort to save Sansa before the wedding, while she herself plays the role that Littlefinger has fashioned for her from the inside of the castle. If you want to go the extra mile you could say that she decides to screw them all and escape on her own, using Theon's help, effectively giving her Mance's role as well should he be used in another fashion. That way you have the character basically taking charge of her life for once and defying the whole hostage scenario she's been in for so long.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they'll keep Mance around. There's that scene of everyone around a stake in the first trailer, and it looks like Rattleshirt will be himself rather than a decoy.

One of the scenes with Stannis mounted on a horse reminds me of Roose riding into the Dreafort from last season. I wonder if they'll use that in place of Deepwood Motte. Since the Greyjoy bros are likely gone, I could see them having Stannis attack the Dreadfort to seize any supplies Roose might have stored there.

Well that was never consummated, and it's not exactly hard to prove that if they have a Maester on hand.
Merely being unconsummated doesn't make a marriage invalid.

As for a potential bedding scene with Ramsay being grotesque....well that's the point. It was a grotesque scene with Jeyne in the book, and by nature the whole character of Ramsay is grotesque, its not completely outside the series. Sophie Turner did also say that there was a major traumatic scene for Sansa this season, so I wouldn't say it's beyond the realm of possibility that something of that nature might occur. But let's put that aside for now.
She subsequently said that that statement had been blown seriously out of proportion. But regardless, the point was that Jeyne is a minor character. Sansa is one of the series' leads; she is not going to be gruesomely raped and made to have sex with dogs. The backlash to that would make the Sept controversy from last season look like child's play by comparison.

Also, Sansa is a fugitive for regicide. She can't be betrothed to the Boltons, who are Lannister allies. And the Boltons would never believe she was a plausible ally, regardless.

They don't even have to consummate the marriage with Ramsay lol... the scene could easily be later in the season with the honeyrapemoon about to happen and Sansa being saved from it.

Oh, and CaptainCanada, I mentioned reading the books because you said 'there is no plot requirement to have Ramsay get married'... i misinterpreted that thinking you maybe had not read to the that point in the books since well he does get married.

Merely being unconsummated doesn't make a marriage invalid.
It does, and it's been used before in-universe as a way for them to annul such a thing to suite their needs.

She subsequently said that that statement had been blown seriously out of proportion. But regardless, the point was that Jeyne is a minor character. Sansa is one of the series' leads; she is not going to be gruesomely raped and made to have sex with dogs. The backlash to that would make the Sept controversy from last season look like child's play by comparison.

None of this has to happen, and none of probably will happen, and nor did i say it was going to happen. But Sansa's a beautiful young woman and Ramsay is a psychopath with a lot of sadosexual tendencies, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that she would find herself in some kind of situation that borders on the disturbing, even if nothing happens to her person.

Also, Sansa is a fugitive for regicide. She can't be betrothed to the Boltons, who are Lannister allies. And the Boltons would never believe she was a plausible ally, regardless.

The Lannisters are a sinking ship since Tywin died, coupled with Cersei's downfall, the coming Winter, the geological position they're in and the Boltons own ambitions, I could see them very easily accepting it to increase their own power base in a the North. I don't think its hard to see Petyr winning them over to his schemes. The Boltons don't even need to think of her as an ally, they just need to think they have her under their thumb.

What's the odds of Marwyn being a Count Magnus, replacing the count's travelling companion with Rhaego? Kept alive by the unorthodox techniques Marwyn promoted while at the Citadel, of course.

i wonder what he could do with a shot put... that **** would be like throwing a baseball

"Bjornsson smashed a 1000-year-old "World's Strongest Viking" record last month by carrying a 1433-pound (650 kilogram) log a short distance."

From the article in Roose's link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back