Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Selyse and Shireen or marching in the middle of winter?

I liked Sansa putting Ramsay in his place with her "yeah, a bastard legitimized by a bastard."

Yeah she really showed him with those meaningless taunts. I'm sure that he's going to feel really bad about it the next time that he's raping/torturing her. And yes, a few dirty looks and petty insults here and there totally justifies putting her into yet another abuse plotline. Great job there writers, way to think outside the box.

Yeah she really showed him with those meaningless taunts. I'm sure that he's going to feel really bad about it the next time that he's raping/torturing her. And yes, a few dirty looks and petty insults here and there totally justifies putting her into yet another abuse plotline. Great job there writers, way to think outside the box.

In case you missed it earlier in the series, Ramsay hates his status as a bastard. So that was a pretty get jab, especially considering how Ramsay likes to fancy himself the one in charge. I'd also imagine Sansa doesn't believe there's anything worse Ramsay can do now. He can't killer her, he can't flay her. They need her to maintain their legitimacy. A Stark in Winterfell holds great meaning in the North.

In case you missed it earlier in the series, Ramsay hates his status as a bastard. So that was a pretty get jab, especially considering how Ramsay likes to fancy himself the one in charge. I'd also imagine Sansa doesn't believe there's anything worse Ramsay can do now. He can't killer her, he can't flay her. They need her to maintain their legitimacy. A Stark in Winterfell holds great meaning in the North.
No, he can just torture and murder people she knows and cares about.

rewatching episode 6 and it got me thinking about Jorah, Jon, Longclaw and the night's watch. anyone think what tyrion told him might come into play if they ever come across each other in the show? especially with Jon being Ned's "son"?

No, he can just torture and murder people she knows and cares about.

She doesn't have any family or friends left for him to hurt. Jon is out of his reach. Arya is dead for all she knows and Bran and Rickon are believed to be dead as well.

She doesn't have any family or friends left for him to hurt. Jon is out of his reach. Arya is dead for all she knows and Bran and Rickon are believed to be dead as well.
That didn't keep him from killing the old woman did it?

They've been pretty tame with the flaying. Last few we've seen still have their faces :o

Well with the newest season 6 casting descriptions, fans will be very pleased about certain characters making an appearance.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

The main ones of note, and easiest to pick out:

Pirate, *man in his*40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.”
He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

Father.*Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as*“a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a*protagonist’s storyline.

Stannis is getting dumber by the minute. :( They've made him too much like Robert.

I found myself agreeing with his reason for leaving. Winter could last years and his men would be stuck at the Wall. There's no good time to storm Winterfell but now's the best time.

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode.

Even Dorne was pretty good because kitty.

Haha, yeah that woman was really pretty.

i'm going to lose my **** if i read a casting description that harkens to howland reed.

I found myself agreeing with his reason for leaving. Winter could last years and his men would be stuck at the Wall. There's no good time to storm Winterfell but now's the best time.

Book Winterfell is near impossible to assault by brute force, but it might be different in tv Winterfell.

Also heck yeah for Daddy Tarly and Euron!!!!

Given the casting announcements, is it possible Dario and Victarion have been merged?

Well Daario has already been merged with Strong Belwas, but we don't know if they aren't going to cast Victarion at all. For all we know, Euron could just send a strong henchman to align himself with Daenerys or in this show Euron is going to Daenerys himself, since Highgarden doesn't have any Tyrells to defend/fight Euron againts.

Sounds good. Looks like Septon Meribald is in as well. That warrior in his 30's-40's, mixed ethnicity....Darkstar?

Last edited:
darkstar's a straight valyrian looking mfer though. brown ben maybe?

Sansa, considering her reaction.

Its too bad Sansa doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to troll Ramsay.

"I bet your father can skin people better. And I think you missed the face. Id gve this a mediocre 4/10. Shall we go eat breakfast, honeybun? Im famished and suddenly have a craving for steak."

It should disturb me that I was making a similar critique when I saw the corpse, but it doesn't :o

If Septon Meribald is being introduced then that means [blackout]Brienne probably survives this season.[/blackout]

Of alternatively they merge him with the Elder Brother and have it more to do with [blackout] The Hound's recovery, to set up his return to fight against Gregor for Cersei's trial. [/blackout]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"