Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not when it's poorly executed. It's not like the writers don't have control over how these fictional characters die.

I felt it was a bit lazy, but I didn't think it was all that bad writing wise. They've been setting the death up since last season, so it really wasn't all that surprising to be honest. It certainly wasn't on the same level as Dorne for me.

Nothing will ever be Dorne. Nothing. I don't think it was all that poorly executed. I just feel like they wasted the character in the first place. Also, I don't like it when people are suppose to be super intelligent are suddenly beyond stupid.

Nothing will ever be Dorne. Nothing. I don't think it was all that poorly executed. I just feel like they wasted the character in the first place. Also, I don't like it when people are suppose to be super intelligent are suddenly beyond stupid.

Yep. Honestly, after what they did with it, it would have made more sense to cut the thing entirely. They essentially went with the Dorne plot to give Jamie something to do, but I would have preferred they gone the route they did in the books and further his character development and explore his own choice to purposefully break away from Cersei, instead of having him cling on to her even tighter.

I'm glad Jon Snow is back although I was expecting more fire to be involved. Still really enjoyed it.

Jon Snow has the best story in my view. This only makes it better. Can't wait!

Hodor's name is Walder in the books and Willis in the show. Walder.... Willis..... Walter Willis.... Walter B. Willis..... Hodor is Bruce Willis. This confirms Cleganebowl.

Funniest part of the show: the looks of relief on the Kingsguards' faces when Cercei backs off.

Was that Kingsguard? I don't think they were wearing the uniform.

it was kingsguard lol who else would it be.

Someone just told me they might be Lannister guardsmen? Come to think of it -- yeah, my mistake.

Last edited:
...what just happened now lol

I felt it was a bit lazy, but I didn't think it was all that bad writing wise. They've been setting the death up since last season, so it really wasn't all that surprising to be honest. It certainly wasn't on the same level as Dorne for me.

I agree that [blackout]the death of Roose is not on the same level as Dorne. It feels slightly anti-climactic, but I wonder if that is just because Ramsay is a wild dog. He is too crazed to think things through, so it seems kind of random. His murder of Walda and his brother is horrifying[/blackout] and much more in line with how Martin would write something.

I have no issues with the deaths this week while the Dornish stuff last week was horrendous. Some of the worst scenes in the entire history of the series.

Last edited:
it was kingsguard lol who else would it be.

Lannister soldiers. Unless you think they have an army of Kingsguard.

Kingsguard:
acK8coZ.jpg

9dHVNNw.jpg

Lannister soldiers:
I1fJ4Ia.jpg

Lannister soldiers sent by the king (BARATHEON)?

No.

if that's the case... then **** them (D&D) more

Lol DS is right... they have lions on their shoulders... how ****ing stupid

No.

if that's the case... then **** them (D&D) more

These Lannister soldiers have been in the show and working for the Lannisters since Season 1. Why are you even taking issue with this? The king has more than one type of soldier and he is a Lannister by blood. Even if the public and others believe his father was Baratheon why wouldn't Lannister soldiers obey their King and Lord? Why wouldn't Tommen entrust the soldiers of the Lannister house with keeping his mother, a Lannister, safe?

These Lannister soldiers have been in the show and working for the Lannisters since Season 1. Why are you even taking issue with this? The king has more than one type of soldier and he is a Lannister by blood. Even if the public and others believe his father was Baratheon why wouldn't Lannister soldiers obey their King and Lord?

Lannisters tend to do what they want, regardless of what the king says. I'd expect the lannister men to do as cersei and jaime say, not king baratheon.

I dont 'take issue' with it. calm down or ill spank you again.

People have been refusing the king the entire series lol

Lol yes. But for major stuff only. Something as simple as making sure the queen stays in her room is rather dumb to refuse. Plus the king is "known" to be half Lannister. Which should grant him access to their troops.

No.
Except that is exactly who he sent, with Lion Pauldrons to boot:

[YT]uOYTFqUhD9Q[/YT]

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does it feel like we're actually entering an endgame after tonight?

These Lannister soldiers have been in the show and working for the Lannisters since Season 1. Why are you even taking issue with this? The king has more than one type of soldier and he is a Lannister by blood. Even if the public and others believe his father was Baratheon why wouldn't Lannister soldiers obey their King and Lord? Why wouldn't Tommen entrust the soldiers of the Lannister house with keeping his mother, a Lannister, safe?

and then you edited it...

I would say if he wanted his mother safe, he'd send his best men... The Kingsguard. :o

but whatever, its just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back