GameInformer is dead to me.

XtromaniaK

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was just reading the newest issue and some of their staff put Heavenly Sword in their top ten while leaving out Halo 3. WTF? :cmad:

This generation has been a disappointment overall.

Yep that whole year was such a disappointment, time to move on to the next one I guess. :whatever:

I'm serious... this year WAS a disappointment, at least with the games I bought. I find myself wishing I got a Wii instead of a 360.

Halo 3 - short and over-rated and just not very good.
Mass Effect - for an RPG, very short. Exploration is rubbish. Not enough story. Very disappointed with Mass Effect.
Assassin's Creed - Short game (why are all these next-gen games so short and easy?) repetative. Very pretty game, though. Good gameplay and combat. But each mission is the same.

Best game of the year - Bioshock. But again, its over too quickly.

Kainedamo, this has been one of the finest years in all of gaming, actually.

This generation has been a disappointment overall.
What the... How was it disappointing?
It has one of the best games of all time (BioShock) along with superb RPGs like The Witcher and Mass Effect. Call of Duty 4 is perfection of military / action shooter and superb platformers like Super Mario Galaxy and Ratchet & Clank TOD are also released and let's not forget about mindblowing graphics of Crysis, superb FPS controls of Metroid Prime 3 and incredible story and art design of BioShock, addictivness and unique look of Team Fortress 2, awesomeness of The Portal and much more.

And it's all in first year of next-gen. 2 of the 3 have been out for only one year and we already have more than 10 GOTY worthy titles.

As for GameInformer, I do agree with it. Halo 3 is definitly not a top 10 game. It's good but not great.

I'm serious... this year WAS a disappointment, at least with the games I bought. I find myself wishing I got a Wii instead of a 360.

Halo 3 - short and over-rated and just not very good.
Mass Effect - for an RPG, very short. Exploration is rubbish. Not enough story. Very disappointed with Mass Effect.
Assassin's Creed - Short game (why are all these next-gen games so short and easy?) repetative. Very pretty game, though. Good gameplay and combat. But each mission is the same.

Best game of the year - Bioshock. But again, its over too quickly.

Well I'm sorry you decide to rush through every game you play and not explore. Seriously all the games you listed up there are at least 10 hours long when a normal person plays them. Stop rushing through things to get to the end and learn to enjoy them dumbass. :whatever:

If all you look for in games is a sniper rifle and grenades :o

Yeah its not like Mario Galaxy, Assassins Creed, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Burning Crusade, Castlevania: Symphony of Night, Phantom Hourglass, Skate, ... etc came out this year or anything.

Well I guess the pre-req for posting in the games forum now is that you think that Halo 3, the game that has set the standard in the industry for ALL multiplayer console games, is nothing special. Yep, load of crap right there. :rolleyes:

You know what's special??

THIS!

Dark_Side.jpg

Veen listening to it non-stop since 2 days ago.

Awesome Blas, you've officially made it to the 70s! :cmad:

Sorry to snap Blas, I just can't take all the stupid around here though. :csad:

Well I guess the pre-req for posting in the games forum now is that you think that Halo 3, the game that has set the standard in the industry for ALL multiplayer console games, is nothing special. Yep, load of crap right there. :rolleyes:

You never play it :cmad:

Hey look I can edit stuff too. :whatever:

Do you have penis on the mind or something? I'd guess you have some sort of issue with either your own (very small) one or somebody elses. Whichever it is, I'd rather not know.

If you look at what I quoted you'll see you said exactly that. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"