Gaming pc for photo editing and art

Discussion in 'Tech & Support' started by the_ultimate_evil, Feb 9, 2019.

1. the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

I’m saving for a new pc and i don’t game at all really outside of consoles but I do a lot of photography and illustrations and I was wondering if something like a gaming pc would be the better idea for running photoshop with hi res files

I know thinks like ram would be the main aspects but surely I shouldn’t need more than 8gbs for that

The usual biggest file I work with is just over a gig

I know the obvious answer most will give is get a Mac but can’t afford one at the moment and I hate the interface on them, I leant ps on a pc so I know how it works.

Any suggestions

2. Captain Bryan

Captain Bryan Mariya Takeuchi

Are you interested in building something or do you want prebuilt?

3. gaffer

gaffer Registered

A gaming pc comes with a fast CPU, good video card and a huge memory; these specs are needed also for a good photo editing pc.

4. SpideyInATree

SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

If you're doing photography and illustrating I would definitely look into getting a MacBook Pro. I'm a musician and do a lot of recording and Mac was the way to go. However, if you're a PC man I totally get it. I used to be a PC man and then when I used a Mac for the first time it blew me away at how amazing they are with multimedia.