Endgame Gamora - Zoe Saldana

Budget.

Yes, Zoe Saldana is a fine actress and I'm glad she was the main female lead in IW.
I don't know if their powers would cost that much to show. Who knows. Shame in any case.

I wish she stays dead. If Feige and co. are hellbent to bring her back they can at least leave that be the main quest/goal of the Guardians in their third movie.

Coming back in the past or some alternate reality is one thing but otherwise they will be undoing a really great death scene and a very important part of Infinity War.

I don't think it's because of that. The more likely reason is that Gunn just isn't that good at writing female characters, even though he did a better job with both Gamora and Nebula in Vol. 2.
I don't think so. Gamora was well written in gotg 2, Gunn just didn't focus on her in vol 1. its not like Drax had any good fight scenes either. Gunn is not that good with action scenes, so he didn't focus on that much. Making her the team's mom also made her less interesting when compared to the other characters. Gunn said that Gamora would get more focus in vol 3. I just hope that whoever directs vol 3 uses his script.

I’m not sure why Gunn didn’t want to have fun with the power levels/abilities of both Gamora and Drax. The Guardians would be a strong group if those 2 were shown as in the comics, and I think it would have only added to the films.
I think hes not good at directing action scenes, so he avoids it.

I think hes not good at directing action scenes, so he avoids it.
I guess we don't get too many standout action set pieces in the Guardians films. A shame that it might be too late for Gamora and I can't see Drax appearing a whole lot more with how things have gone down. I really wanted to see those two live up to their comic reputations, even if they needed to be nerfed.

Last edited:
Coming back in the past or some alternate reality is one thing but otherwise they will be undoing a really great death scene and a very important part of Infinity War.
I wholeheartedly agree

I don't think so. Gamora was well written in gotg 2, Gunn just didn't focus on her in vol 1. its not like Drax had any good fight scenes either. Gunn is not that good with action scenes, so he didn't focus on that much. Making her the team's mom also made her less interesting when compared to the other characters. Gunn said that Gamora would get more focus in vol 3. I just hope that whoever directs vol 3 uses his script.
It's unlikely his script will be used at this point and if it is expect major changes. Initially they said Spider-man Far From Home would start things off in the new world post A4 and that Guardians was really going to play a big part in setting things up going forward. Well since Guardians has been moved in the schedule it won't have the honor of being the movie to set things up so just by nature of where it will now fall on the calandar I think it's logical to expect major changes in the script.

I got so many questions about Gamora...

Where is she? Did she somehow escape the dusting of the army? Where is Quill searching for her? I'm guessing she got dusted with Thanos's army and now Quill is looking for the Gamora that was trapped in Soul World. But she was a little girl in that world, or was that only in Thanos's view?

Where is she? Did she somehow escape the dusting of the army? Where is Quill searching for her? I'm guessing she got dusted with Thanos's army and now Quill is looking for the Gamora that was trapped in Soul World. But she was a little girl in that world, or was that only in Thanos's view?
I have a feeling a lot of these questions will be answered in Vol3

My impression was that she got dusted as well. It would make sense that Tony dusted everyone who came from the 2014 timeline. Otherwise, I think she would have been with the group at the end. The other take is that 2014 Gamora ran away. But why would she leave her sister? Where would she go? That's why the dusting makes more sense to me. I think Quill was looking for "his" Gamora, since he never had time to after IW obviously.

What if, if there is a Soul World, and Gamora was in it after she died in IW

When the original Soul Stone is destroyed, her soul was freed, and somehow enters and is merged with 2014 Gamora when she enters the main timeline?

What if, if there is a Soul World, and Gamora was in it after she died in IW

When the original Soul Stone is destroyed, her soul was freed, and somehow enters and is merged with 2014 Gamora when she enters the main timeline?
I believe the Soul Stone piece, but not the merging with her past self. I'm sensing a Search for Spock sort of storyline.

I could see them going that route for Vol 3.; especially with Adam Warlock being teased in Vol 2.

Who would have thought Gamora would have gotten better screen time and development in these movies than the Guardian movies.

Who would have thought Gamora would have gotten better screen time and development in these movies than the Guardian movies.
That Thanos was actually featured in IW/AEG and the fact that, sorry fans of them, James Gunn could care less about the comic book accuracy of the characters under his wing in the Guardians franchise kinda always meant that Gamora was gonna need to be under other directors' control to get something meaningful out of the character in my opinion.

Gamora is supposed to be a She-Hulk level strength powerhouse and the deadliest woman in the galaxy... But little to none of that really comes through in GOTG films. The biggest moment that came close was this in GOTG2:
0asALCo.gif

But for me that just begs the question of how a person that could do that was ever in any jeopardy in GOTG1?

She is supposed to be the deadliest assassin in the galaxy and her plan to get the orb was to sucker punch Quill.

In the MCU as a whole, both Gamora and Drax needed to show their power levels better. She certainly doesn’t look like the deadliest woman in the galaxy when you have CM and SW around for a start.

Going to be interesting to see what happens for her going forward. She's jumped quite a distance into the future. Does seem like she ended up traveling with Nebula for the time being. Which makes some sense since this is a chance for them to bond as sisters. Has to find her own place in the universe and take in what the future version of herself was like. Discovering more about herself as she learns about the impact she had as a member of the Guardians.

It was an interesting move to bring that past version of Gamora into the future. Can't wait to see what they do with her in Volume 3.

I swear they better not do a love triangle between Quill/Gamora2014/Thor, but I'm really scared that they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"