Sequels Gap year for the Avenger movies

2015 is the ideal date for A2, if for no other reason that RDJ and Ruffalo will be getting too old if you leave it much longer. I say new Avengers film every three years with A3 in 2018.

I'm kinda hoping 2014 but I just honestly can't wait see what happens next and what phase II will bring ..I made a thread about avengers 2014 lol but im sure what ever they will do will be very smart choice they have been good with mcu

I'm kinda hoping 2014 but I just honestly can't wait see what happens next and what phase II will bring ..I made a thread about avengers 2014 lol but im sure what ever they will do will be very smart choice they have been good with mcu

Not if they brought the film out in 2014, that would be dumb.
As it would mean hardly any phase II films before A2.

The public is going to have fatigue either way. Better to get it all before the fatigue sets in. Besides, I think the single heroes--especially when origins are involved--are going to be the ones that start to fade away. Avengers has enough of a novelty factor to have at least two films be treated with hype and anticipation.

The you have to take in consideration of all the Non Marvel Studios Marvel Characters from the other Greedy Studios (Fox & Sony) who'll try to cram their characters in between the MCU Movies and quite possibly killing momentum by confusing the general audience (except for Fox & the X-Men franchise) who are even now questioning crossover question on why the FF & Spiderman aren't around in this universe. And, even maybe making a Bad Movie (FF4, Daredevil and possibly Reboot Spiderman 2) Cause nobody wants to work together and put it in Marvels hands. Even DC's plans may further saturate the Superhero Schtick. We could get like 5 or six different superhero movies a year from different studios. Sheesh!!!! I'm fatigued right now!! People will have to decide if they'll even support all the superhero movies all in one year.

a gap of 4-6 years is the best way to go, 2016 would be for me the best date for Avengers 2.

The gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, the alien movies, and many others was as big if not bigger, and they didn't even have movies with characters of their respective franchises during that time.

a gap of 4-6 years is the best way to go, 2016 would be for me the best date for Avengers 2.

The gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, the alien movies, and many others was as big if not bigger, and they didn't even have movies with characters of their respective franchises during that time.

This ^^^

Good god, no. That's *twice* as long as the gap needs to be.

The Spidey and X-Men franchises released every 2-3 years; the Star Wars saga had a gap interval of 3 years (plus the huge intermission between NT and OT); and more recent hit franchises like Harry Potter, Twilight and LOTR released quite literally *every* year.

Modern audiences are *not* waiting 6 freakin' years for the next Avengers flick. *Never* gonna happen.

I think there's merit to the idea of releasing every two years, running off the momentum from Phase I to carry the franchise. I think there's more merit in continuing to build up the Avengers into event movies. Not only do you get to create bad guys that make Avengers 2/3/whatever independently compelling, but if your build up is just as good or better than the previous phase, then you keep all the momentum you had, and add more. Now it's not just about what will Cap do next, but what will Cap do with Black Panther, and how will they stand a chance against Ultron?

I think 3 years is ideal, at 2 years, you're just maintaining, and will lose some people since you don't have enough time to make the concept of Avengers 2 seem bigger than the concept of Avengers 1. At four years, unless your buildup is pretty frikkin epic, you'll lose people's attention. At three years, you not only have a normal amount of time between sequels, but you also have time to build it up so it'll still be an event movie and get event movie money and excitement.

You also have time to let it breathe, which you need so you don't rush out something crap, since you don't have a prewritten story like TwiPotter Games. Two years simply isn't enough for the Avengers franchise to continue to grow.

I think there's merit to the idea of releasing every two years, running off the momentum from Phase I to carry the franchise. I think there's more merit in continuing to build up the Avengers into event movies. Not only do you get to create bad guys that make Avengers 2/3/whatever independently compelling, but if your build up is just as good or better than the previous phase, then you keep all the momentum you had, and add more. Now it's not just about what will Cap do next, but what will Cap do with Black Panther, and how will they stand a chance against Ultron?

I think 3 years is ideal, at 2 years, you're just maintaining, and will lose some people since you don't have enough time to make the concept of Avengers 2 seem bigger than the concept of Avengers 1. At four years, unless your buildup is pretty frikkin epic, you'll lose people's attention. At three years, you not only have a normal amount of time between sequels, but you also have time to build it up so it'll still be an event movie and get event movie money and excitement.

You also have time to let it breathe, which you need so you don't rush out something crap, since you don't have a prewritten story like TwiPotter Games. Two years simply isn't enough for the Avengers franchise to continue to grow.

I agree with you on this. Three years is an ideal interval between Avengers installments.

2 years is too short, 4 years is too long. 3 is perfect. Avengers 2 in 2015, Avengers 3 in 2018, Avengers recast trilogy 2022, 2025, 2028, Recast again, 2032, 2035, 2038, recast again...

3 years is too short. 4-5 years is perfect, let this Trilogy last please

the more years they wait between sequels, the less sequels we'll get with the original cast.

so its better to go with the 3 years gap, this way maybe after Avengers 3, Marvel decides to do another one with the whole cast.

And after that, to start the recast, but 4 years is too much time, in my opinion too.

You might look at 4 years as being momentum killing, but remember that we will be getting two MCU movies each year in between, helping to maintain and build on the anticipation (for Batman or Spider-Man, you really have nothing to get you excited for their sequels in between).

I also just feel that only four movies preceding Avengers 2 (three of them being sequels) in Phase II seems a bit light, especially given that there is still a good amount of new and unique characters that Marvel will want to introduce as they expand the MCU even further (Ant-Man/Wasp, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Namor, GotG...). Most of these characters deserve/require their own movies, but when you're juggling solo sequels/franchises for the Big Three, do you have enough time to fit them in when you only have two summers in between Avengers movies?

the more years they wait between sequels, the less sequels we'll get with the original cast.

so its better to go with the 3 years gap, this way maybe after Avengers 3, Marvel decides to do another one with the whole cast.

And after that, to start the recast, but 4 years is too much time, in my opinion too.

This. I want a trilogy with this cast. Not a partial recast.

You might look at 4 years as being momentum killing, but remember that we will be getting two MCU movies each year in between, helping to maintain and build on the anticipation (for Batman or Spider-Man, you really have nothing to get you excited for their sequels in between).

I also just feel that only four movies preceding Avengers 2 (three of them being sequels) in Phase II seems a bit light, especially given that there is still a good amount of new and unique characters that Marvel will want to introduce as they expand the MCU even further (Ant-Man/Wasp, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Namor, GotG...). Most of these characters deserve/require their own movies, but when you're juggling solo sequels/franchises for the Big Three, do you have enough time to fit them in when you only have two summers in between Avengers movies?

The easy answer is Marvel starts to do movies in the fall and spring. Point. Set. Match.

The easy answer is Marvel starts to do movies in the fall and spring. Point. Set. Match.
I agree, and they are, but this still only works if Marvel starts committing to more than two movies a year, which they haven't. Not yet.

I agree, and they are, but this still only works if Marvel starts committing to more than two movies a year, which they haven't. Not yet.

Here's a thought; if Marvel is expanding the marvel cinematic universe beyond just avengers, why do all of these films have to occur between Avengers 1 and Avengers 3? If anything, having say a Doctor Strange franchise that goes on after Avengers and falls in the same universe as the Downey avengers and the recast avengers ten years from now willl give the MCU a sense of connectivity, and legacy.

A lot of people seem to think that the MCU is just going to stop at Avengers 3; that's not the way film companies work. With the print medium diminishing, Marvel Studios is Marvel's new gold mine; This isn't just a ten-fifteen year project, they plan on doing this for the long haul. That's why I don't place NEARLY as much significance on getting every single possible movie out before Avengers 3.

Here's a thought; if Marvel is expanding the marvel cinematic universe beyond just avengers, why do all of these films have to occur between Avengers 1 and Avengers 3? If anything, having say a Doctor Strange franchise that goes on after Avengers and falls in the same universe as the Downey avengers and the recast avengers ten years from now willl give the MCU a sense of connectivity, and legacy.

A lot of people seem to think that the MCU is just going to stop at Avengers 3; that's not the way film companies work. With the print medium diminishing, Marvel Studios is Marvel's new gold mine; This isn't just a ten-fifteen year project, they plan on doing this for the long haul. That's why I don't place NEARLY as much significance on getting every single possible movie out before Avengers 3.

I suppose I have been thinking under the assumption that Thanos will appear some time between Avengers 1 and 3. Maybe that's a wrong assumption, but if things are leading towards the Infinity Gauntlet (and don't get me wrong, I'm not assuming that that is going to be the end of the MCU), I would hope that Marvel will have expanded the MCU pretty much across all of the different corners of the Marvel U by then.

Also, I don't know if I like the idea of compartmentalizing franchises if you truly want them to exist in the same universe. I think the best way to set a Dr. Strange franchise in the same universe as the Downey Avengers is to have at least his first movie between Avengers 1 and 3, and the same goes for some of those other major heroes I mentioned. If you introduce them all after the Downey Avengers are recast, I think that's the opposite of establishing continuity and legacy.

May 3, 2013 - Iron Man 3

November 8, 2013 - Thor 2

April 4, 2014 - Captain America 2

June 13, 2014 - The Incredible Hulk 2

May 1, 2015 - The Avengers 2

That’s just my wishlist.

I suppose I have been thinking under the assumption that Thanos will appear some time between Avengers 1 and 3. Maybe that's a wrong assumption, but if things are leading towards the Infinity Gauntlet (and don't get me wrong, I'm not assuming that that is going to be the end of the MCU), I would hope that Marvel will have expanded the MCU pretty much across all of the different corners of the Marvel U by then.

Also, I don't know if I like the idea of compartmentalizing franchises if you truly want them to exist in the same universe. I think the best way to set a Dr. Strange franchise in the same universe as the Downey Avengers is to have at least his first movie between Avengers 1 and 3, and the same goes for some of those other major heroes I mentioned. If you introduce them all after the Downey Avengers are recast, I think that's the opposite of establishing continuity and legacy.

I didn't say have him after Avengers 3. As long as Doctor Strange shares the screen with Downey and co at some point, it's in continuity.

We just had a 1.5 B Avengers movie, with a cast that gelled in a fantastic way. Whether you like it or not, this is now the classic Avengers line-up to a new generation of people. This team worked really well, and is full of great actors. Why spoil it by trying to add six new heroes every Avengers movie?

I say add Ant-Man and Wasp in Avengers 2, and add Vision and Black Panther in 3. Why cluster**** everything into this trilogy, thus crippling the franchise ten years down the road? Everyone seems to have such a short term vision for this thing.

May 3, 2013 - Iron Man 3

June 13, 2014 - The Incredible Hulk 2

That’s just my wishlist.

Seriously? All sequels? okay then......
June 13th isn't even the reserved date.....

May 3, 2013 - Iron Man 3

August 1, 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy

That’s just my wishlist.

What you're getting. :woot:

3 years is too short. 4-5 years is perfect, let this Trilogy last please

A 3 year gap is perfectly fine, that would make for a 9 year trilogy surely there's nothing "short about 9 years.

A 3 year gap is perfectly fine, that would make for a 9 year trilogy surely there's nothing "short about 9 years.

6 year trilogy, really, because the movie falls on the 3rd year.

Granted, we did have a 4 year wait from Iron Man 1. I think Avengers 3 in 2018 wraps up this part of the MCU into a nice tidy little 10 year package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"