Garbage

Galactus123

Sidekick
Reaction score
Are there any Garbage fans here? They released their new album this month called Strange Little Birds.

strange_little_birds-37184325-frntl.jpg

Music video of the song Empty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSa_hbutFt0

I just listened the album today and it was awesome. Every song was great and I really liked the production. Shirley Manson was great as always. I recommend.

Last edited:
Still remember the first time I heard Stupid Girl back then! Loved it. Need to catch up with their most recent stuff.

A show called Live at 9:30 has great performances of Only Happy When It Rains and Stupid Girl. They are the first thing in the show:

http://www.liveat930.com/episodes/no-1

They sound amazing! I wish Garbage would come to Finland so I could see them live.

Last edited:
I checked out this album the other day and really liked it. THey stayed true to their signature sound but also progressed in their sound too which is rare to find when bands from years gone by come back. My only qualm was the album was a bit short. Solid album all the way through though.

I checked out this album the other day and really liked it. THey stayed true to their signature sound but also progressed in their sound too which is rare to find when bands from years gone by come back. My only qualm was the album was a bit short. Solid album all the way through though.
I think the album length is good. Better to have a short album than too long. I have listened it 5 times already and it gets better everytime. My favorite songs are Blackout, Night Drive Loneliness, Even Though Our Love is Doomed, If I Lost You and Empty.

The band has track-by-track commentary on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHQBvGqi784

Last edited:
I like about half of the album. I feel like Garbage are at their best when they just let the music rip. The quieter songs on this album are tedious as hell and feel like filler, IMO. Overall, I feel like it's a step down from Not Your Kind of People (which I loved). While it's true that there was a contentious effort by the band to make most of the tracks on NYKOP catchy, I've never had a problem with that sort of thing if the music is good. Nothing wrong with making music people want to listen to and that's easy to get into.

Big fan of theirs here. This album is gold for me; even though it is shorter than their other albums, it's a much more cohesive piece of work. The vinyl has an extra hidden track "FWY".

I can't believe they're still releasing music this good after all these years.

Edit: The bonus track is on youtube but has the F word in the title. Search "****ing With You"

Last edited:
I listened Bleed Like Me for the first time few days ago and I really liked it. I heard that it's not one of the most liked albums by the band. The first half of it is really good and I don't think there are any bad songs. My favorite is the title song.

Actually got into Shirley in my senior year.

Listened to their new album on a car ride yesterday. Like a lot of their singles and hits, but otherwise haven't listened to them too much. Still, really liked it! Empty has been a go-to jogging song of mine since spring.

I listened Bleed Like Me for the first time few days ago and I really liked it. I heard that it's not one of the most liked albums by the band. The first half of it is really good and I don't think there are any bad songs. My favorite is the title song.

Bleed Like Me was released when I was in high school, so it's an important record for me. I do think it's their weakest and most uninspired though.

Bleed Like Me was released when I was in high school, so it's an important record for me. I do think it's their weakest and most uninspired though.
My favorite albums are Version 2.0 and Beautifugarbage. Those are full of great songs. I have yet to listen Not Your Kind Of People. I heard that one is good.

Even Though Our Love Is Doomed lyric video is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpcdAR9ij0

Last edited:
My favorite albums are Version 2.0 and Beautifugarbage. Those are full of great songs. I have yet to listen Not Your Kind Of People. I heard that one is good.

Even Though Our Love Is Doomed lyric video is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lpcdAR9ij0

Self-titled and Version 2.0 for me, but love them all depending on my mood. Not Your Kind of People has some really great tracks, but the title track and Beloved Freak make me cringe how cheesy they are. Standouts are Control, Felt, I Hate Love, Sugar, and the bonus tracks.

I just listened Not Your Kind of People. It was really good. I think Shirley sounds better than ever on these new albums. I bought the version with bonus tracks. The album is full of great songs but my favorites were Automatic Systematic Habit, Blood for Poppies, Not Your Kind of People, Control and Beloved Freak. I have to listen it again soon.

I have been watching a lot of concerts on Youtube. These are great:

Monterrey 2012

Bizarre Festival 1996

Last edited:
Can't get enough of this new album. They're currently touring, seeing them in 23 days in SF!

Self-titled and Version 2.0 for me, but love them all depending on my mood. Not Your Kind of People has some really great tracks, but the title track and Beloved Freak make me cringe how cheesy they are. Standouts are Control, Felt, I Hate Love, Sugar, and the bonus tracks.

LOL, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I absolutely LOVE that album except for those two corny songs. Neither of them as as bad as "Teaching Little Fingers to Play" on the new one. I don't know why, but I f***ing HATE that song.

LOL, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I absolutely LOVE that album except for those two corny songs. Neither of them as as bad as "Teaching Little Fingers to Play" on the new one. I don't know why, but I f***ing HATE that song.

Haha I actually love that song, sonically reminds me a little bit of "The Trick is to Keep Breathing" mixed with Sade and Depeche Mode. The one that I'm not to keen on is "Night Drive Loneliness", it's similar to "NYKOP" with a Lana Del Rey chorus. It's still a good song though.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that one either. My personal favorites on the new album are So We Can Stay Alive and Amends.

Love Garbage. Didn't know they released a new album. Seems every time they tour also I always just miss them =(

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that one either. My personal favorites on the new album are So We Can Stay Alive and Amends.

Those two songs are a little out of their comfort zone and I'm glad they did, the end result is so good. Mine are Blackout, If I Lost You, Doomed, Magnetized, and the ones you mentioned. I'm about to see them in SF in about a week and I see they keep closing with Beloved Freak; hopefully they get rid of it by then, the song angers me.

Love Garbage. Didn't know they released a new album. Seems every time they tour also I always just miss them =(

Give it a try, I think it's their best album since Version 2.0

I recommend the new album. It's one of their best.

I bought One Mile High Live Blu-Ray they released few years ago. The concert was very good. I watched some songs on Youtube before buying and wasn't sure about the production. Camera angles aren't the best and there aren't any cameras right front of the stage. They could have chosen a better place to film this. Those things didn't bother me at all when I watched the concert yesterday. I enjoyed every minute of it. Picture is 1080i so it was a little disappointing but it still looked great. You could see that it wasn't full HD. I hope they film more concerts.

Last edited:
Magnetized music video has been released!:

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/33215/1/garbage-magnetized-music-video

Can't find it on Youtube yet. Great video. Magnetized wasn't one of my favorites when I first listened the album but I have been starting to like it more.

Edit: Youtube version:

Can't get enough of this new album. They're currently touring, seeing them in 23 days in SF!

How was the show? I have watched some videos on online. The setlist seems great. I wish they would come here where I live. :)

Last edited:
It was great, they always put on a great show. Setlist was good but predictable, I'm glad they played several new songs from the latest album as I had seen they were only playing 3 at the start of the tour.

They did close with Beloved Freak (which I know you really liked) but I just can't, I can't! I was disappointed with the closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"