GC 2008: The House of the Dead: Overkill

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
GC 2008: The House of the Dead: Overkill
Grindhouse-inspired, Wii-exclusive zombie bloodbath from the maker of Battalion Wars.

The big difference between Overkill and previous The House of the Dead titles -- other than the fact that it utilizes the Wii remote and not a light-gun -- is its new pulp-style presentation. Seemingly inspired by grindhouse movies, Overkill features a '70's horror theme complete with grainy film filters, cheesy dialog, retro music and over the top gore. In addition to accurate shooting mechanics via the Wii remote's infrared tip, the game makes use of the device's built in accelerometer for new motion-based melee moves. Pistol whip or shotgun-butt a zombie and you'll be able to literally knock his jaw off or smash his skull.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/899/899925p1.html

Trailer:

looks interesting...i liked the others...but i cant see why you couldnt still use the gun...

Instead of the "traditional" light-gun, you use the Wii remote with the zapper attatchment. So, you basically still have a gun.

I am SO buying the shotgun attachment for the Wiimote for this game. It will be out next week. I can't friggin wait! I love these games. Zombie blasting all day baby!

I cannot wait to try this game out :D

Wanna get some gun attachments too; prob the pistol and something else.

Last edited:
This game is awesome!

Well, it being an on-rails shooter and the fact I haven't played L4D but know many people who have, i'd say that it's an awesome game, yet it pales in comparison to L4D.

It goes by quick, but to me, it's very addicting. I really like the slo-mofo mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"