Gears of War 2

Looks good...Just hope they dont add too many new features with the controls.

Same here the controls were fine just need to sort out some of the problems like sticking to the wall and the GLITCHES!

First gameplay footage, May 9th on GTTV.

"For a few weeks I’ve been hinting about a major GTTV announcement. Well the time has come to share it with you. On Friday May 9th we will be globally unveiling the gameplay of a little game called Gears of War 2. This is the first time anyone in the world will see Gears 2 in motion. Of course we’re doing it in high-definition and only on Spike!

Epic and Microsoft Game Studios have kept a tight lid on what is easily one of 2008’s most anticipate games, so we’re beyond thrilled to be working with them for this exclusive reveal. Believe me when I say that this will be a very substantive look at Gears 2 in action. Cliff Bleszinski will be personally introducing the footage and I know you are going to be blown away by what you see!"

GameTrailers.com

Was the first one really as good as people say? I hear lots of good things about the game.

For such a simple game, the first Gears felt so fresh and original!!

I LOOOOVE the fact that they seem to be expanding the world in the second gears, and opening up the story-line.

Like they say, at the end of the day, its about Humanity's struggle against the Locusts, and it is a war on the largest of scales, and I cant wait see what they do.
Its seems like there will be actual war battle scenes against dozens of Locusts....should be interesting!!!

"For a few weeks I’ve been hinting about a major GTTV announcement. Well the time has come to share it with you. On Friday May 9th we will be globally unveiling the gameplay of a little game called Gears of War 2. This is the first time anyone in the world will see Gears 2 in motion. Of course we’re doing it in high-definition and only on Spike!

Epic and Microsoft Game Studios have kept a tight lid on what is easily one of 2008’s most anticipate games, so we’re beyond thrilled to be working with them for this exclusive reveal. Believe me when I say that this will be a very substantive look at Gears 2 in action. Cliff Bleszinski will be personally introducing the footage and I know you are going to be blown away by what you see!"

GameTrailers.com

Thanks! :up: Looking forward to that.

GameTrailers.com

Awsome!

Man those screens look amazing, I was wondering how much further Epic could push the unreal tech with the 360 hardware, and it looks like they have impoved by leaps and bounds.

You KNOW they are only releasing Gears of War 2 in November to compete with Resistance 2.

But I've got to admit Gears of War 2 does look pretty impressive, I just want more of a story instead of mindless stop and pop action. When I played the first one to me there was no meaning/ emotional connection that drove me through each level, I just hope Gears of War 2 can change that feeling.

Its going to be a very interesting battle between the two titles.

Seems like GTTV aren't the only ones that'll show exclusive footage...

Gears of War 2 gameplay video. This Friday. 10:30 p.m. PST.

That's all you need to know, really. 1UP's GameVideos will be the very first place online you'll be able to see the footage, and we'll be posting it in all of its HD glory. And trust us when we say you're going to be blown away. So this Friday, go to dinner, go to the movies, or go play some GTA IV -- but whatever you do, make sure you check back here at 10:30 p.m. PST for the exclusive first Gears of War 2 video.

1up.com

The gameplay trailer will also be available on Xbox.com and Xbox Live at 11:01pm Pacific Time.

"Eager for a first look at the highly anticipated Xbox 360® exclusive Gears of War® 2? You won't have long to wait, because you can experience the heart-pounding action when the video becomes available tonight at 11:01 P.M. Pacific time. You can watch the video right here at Xbox.com (streaming, or download it in HD) or you can jump on Xbox LIVE® and download it from the Video Store.

With a personal introduction by Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski, the trailer captures the essence of the bigger, better, and more badass gameplay in Gears of War 2. Get the first in-game look at chainsaw duels, large scale firefights with Locust Horde, and stunning new visuals. This action-packed video is sure to please fans around the world."

Xbox.com

Awesome.
The HD version from Xbox.com, looks so much better than the GameTrailers link.

Wow, looks great. It looks like they are using their new technology nicely.

The clip was awesome, it should of been much longer though. :(

Using the Locust as a shield is just a silly addition, IMO.

That aside, it's more of the same...Which I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"