General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Since Bernie dropped out it's time to focus on the 2020 general election.

All matters relating to the upcoming general election may be discussed here.

I will say, I'm very VERY deeply worried about this election. And we have no idea what the national landscape will look like in November. But I do find it hard to imagine Trump beating Biden in WI, PA and MI, so that gives me hope. Maybe even FL, depending on how bad the virus response hurts the GOP's image there.

I will say, I'm very VERY deeply worried about this election. And we have no idea what the national landscape will look like in November. But I do find it hard to imagine Trump beating Biden in WI, PA and MI, so that gives me hope. Maybe even FL, depending on how bad the virus response hurts the GOP's image there.

It's a damn shame neither of the big FL politicians (except for House members) are up for re-election this year like Ron DeSantis, Marco Rubio and Rick Scott.

I honestly think if they were, DeSantis would have his behind handed to him.

I voted that I think Trump will win. This poll isn't about who I want to win. Unfortunately I think Trump will still come out on top despite being the most corrupt and incompetent president in history.

Yeah he’s gotten his base to believe that he’s doing a great job.

I voted that I think Trump will win. This poll isn't about who I want to win. Unfortunately I think Trump will still come out on top despite being the most corrupt and incompetent president in history.

Did you not see the big turnout in the 2018 midterms and primary elections so far? This won't be a cakewalk for Trump.

Voters are mad and energized. Two major political scientists -- Professor Lichtman and Rachel Bitecofer -- say that Trump's s**tty handling of the pandemic and recession (among other things) will be the nail in his coffin.

Plus, there is that thorny history of impeached presidents NOT winning re-election.

Did you not see the big turnout in the 2018 midterms and primary elections so far? This won't be a cakewalk for Trump.

Voters are mad and energized. Two major political scientists -- Professor Lichtman and Rachel Bitecofer -- say that Trump's s**tty handling of the pandemic and recession (among other things) will be the nail in his coffin.

Plus, there is that thorny history of impeached presidents NOT winning re-election.

All the other presidents were impeached in their 2nd term though, so how is that relevant? Trump is the only one who has been impeached in his first term, so there's no history to go by.

He's also an incumbent during a time of crisis which usually people will re-elect like Dubya.

I don't know how Biden would do in a debate against Trump either. He seems a bit slow these days and somewhat frail and tired. Although Trump says a lot of rubbish and nothing that comes out of his mouth is believable, at least he says it with conviction and people might believe what he is saying is true. He does it confidently, even if he's trying to hide his competency.

I think Sanders would've come across as being able to give as good as he gets. While he too is old, he seems less frail and tired than Biden.

He's also an incumbent during a time of crisis which usually people will re-elect like Dubya.

Dubya had a significantly higher approval rating immediately after 9/11, like 20-40 points more.

Trump's only went up by several points. To quote Jar-Jar, he's in big doodoo right now.

Dubya had a significantly higher approval rating immediately after 9/11, like 20-40 points more.

Trump's only went up by several points. To quote Jar-Jar, he's in big doodoo right now.
The bar was lower than Dubya to begin with so close to 50% is good for our special orange snowflake.

Call me a pessimist, but I think Trump wins.

But this is 2020 not 2018. The Coronavirus has change a lot and if in November is still around or the numbers spike again forget about that turnout. I hope your right I really do But i do not have the same confidence unfortunately. Trump has his base that will vote for him so the turnout against him needs to be big and it could happen. But at the same time there is so many things that can impact that. I am prepare for trump to win but hoping to be surprise.

There are some similarities to the 2004 election.

But Bush was more popular than Trump and I think it's safe to say Biden is more likeable than Kerry was.

The pandemic is more of a global problem so Trump won't see the same patriot boost that Dubya received.

There was no blue wave in 2002 like there was in 2018. So if the blue wave still has momentum, it could help Biden.

The 2004 election wasn't exactly a landslide for Dubya but I think this election will be much, much tighter.

And Biden's chances look better than Kerry.

I mean, we cannot emphasize just how badly Trump flubbed it. He has constantly flubbed such situations, because his ego will not allow it. And to put things into perspective, Trump is in rather dangerous territory of possibly losing the military vote. A lot of things are in play at the moment. Of course it won't be a cakewalk. But it won't be one for either party.

So who do you think Biden will nominate as his running partner? Because if he could somehow get Elizabeth Warren he could pick up a lot of those disafffected Bernie voters plus there’s never been a woman VP (as far as I’m aware?) so it’s a start

So who do you think Biden will nominate as his running partner? Because if he could somehow get Elizabeth Warren he could pick up a lot of those disafffected Bernie voters plus there’s never been a woman VP (as far as I’m aware?) so it’s a start

He ought to get a younger running mate, not someone who is around the same age as him so they can capture a different demographic. Maybe Kamala Harris or AOC.

AOC is too young to be a VP candidate. Nor is she the best choice.

The one woman representative from AZ is one I think is the ideal. Kamala has way too much baggage, which Klobuchar has as well, if she has been better at addressing it. Stacy Abrahms is a good choice, but I would rather she stay where she is, since there are 2 GA senate seats at stake.

This is gonna be quite the debate when it rolls around. The meme worthiness will be plentiful.

AOC is too young to be a VP candidate. Nor is she the best choice.

The one woman representative from AZ is one I think is the ideal. Kamala has way too much baggage, which Klobuchar has as well, if she has been better at addressing it. Stacy Abrams is a good choice, but I would rather she stay where she is, since there are 2 GA senate seats at stake.
Honestly, though, since Abrams isn't interested apparently in either of those Senate seats, it might be most valuable to have her running. Enthusiasm for her could then help the races down-ballot in Georgia.

The option I've seen mentioned that I haven't seen here yet is Tammy Duckworth.

So the election has been essentially boiled down to two old guys who both have sexual assault allegations and declining mental faculties?
You really can’t make this stuff up.

Yes, I’m aware that Biden is much better than the incumbent in terms of politics but I’m just pointing out the absurdity of how an election of a lifetime is now between these type of guys.
This is gonna be quite the debate when it rolls around. The meme worthiness will be plentiful.
I’m legit going to watch just to see which between the two of them will make the most gaffes.:funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"