General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone is going to throw a temper tantrum.

I watch the Lincoln Project's The Breakdown weekly on YouTube -- they say Mike Espy has a chance of unseating Cindy Hyde-Smith in Mississippi. He's only a point behind her now.

If Espy gets her seat, it will be a blowout Senate win nationwide.

Everyone vote early and remember you're doing it for your ancestors who fought for civil rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, and their own freedom not to let it be taken by another ****ing Adolf Hitler. Get your asses out and vote.

I have a Gold Medal in history from a national level university. My undergraduate thesis was on Nazism and the Post-War German Constitution. I have published papers on the subject and in constitutional law. I will not dignify your absurdly false comparison anymore than to say you have no idea of what you speak. That is all.
Tell me how I’m wrong. There are medical doctors and scientists that I bet you disagree with. Them telling you that they have an MD or PhD doesn’t make you wrong. I’m sure you’ll ignore this point because you know I’m right. This is a logic trap. If you agree with me, you’ll be wrong. If you disagree with me, you know I’ll post a link to a doctor or scientists that goes against the flow of what you believe in. This is why I love debating.

Did the Brown Shirts not disrupt opposition events? Does Antifa not resemble a para-military wing of a political ideal held by a certain party? Do they not try to intimidate opposing views with threats of violence or retaliation? Now, I fully acknowledge the Right has these chuds too that march around with AR-15’s and camo shirts. My point is that one side labeling the other as fascist is hilariously ironic. The escalation of idiocy in this Country is fostered by both sides. The President actively participates in it too so I’m no defender of that.

As @chaseter apparently has so many replies to his posts that he will no doubt miss this one, I think we should all make a concerted effort to make sure that chaseter is able to see this reply to his post.
You can @ people now? Interesting.

I read it and replied. Thanks for the heads up.

Tell me how I’m wrong. There are medical doctors and scientists that I bet you disagree with. Them telling you that they have an MD or PhD doesn’t make you wrong. I’m sure you’ll ignore this point because you know I’m right. This is a logic trap. If you agree with me, you’ll be wrong. If you disagree with me, you know I’ll post a link to a doctor or scientists that goes against the flow of what you believe in. This is why I love debating.

Did the Brown Shirts not disrupt opposition events? Does Antifa not resemble a para-military wing of a political ideal held by a certain party?

Explain how Antifa is anything close to a paramilitary wing of a political party? Of any political party? How are they? In what forms are they doing the Democrats bidding?

Do they not try to intimidate opposing views with threats of violence or retaliation?

Tell me who had “Antifa” attacked passed on their views and not their actions? Attacks on cops are based on a systematic view of police. Has nothing to due with their “views”

Now, I fully acknowledge the Right has these chuds too that march around with AR-15’s and camo shirts. My point is that one side labeling the other as fascist is hilariously ironic. The escalation of idiocy in this Country is fostered by both sides. The President actively participates in it too so I’m no defender of that.

When one side is saying “Jews will not replace us.” “Blood and soul.” and the other side is saying “We want equal rights” Yeah, I’d say there is a large difference between the right and the left.

Did the Brown Shirts not disrupt opposition events? Does Antifa not resemble a para-military wing of a political ideal held by a certain party? Do they not try to intimidate opposing views with threats of violence or retaliation? Now, I fully acknowledge the Right has these chuds too that march around with AR-15’s and camo shirts. My point is that one side labeling the other as fascist is hilariously ironic. The escalation of idiocy in this Country is fostered by both sides. The President actively participates in it too so I’m no defender of that.

Compare the protests to the protests in Hong Kong. Now, I'm willing to bet you feel the Hong Kong protesters are quite brave and just. So, the question becomes, why is it different here? Especially when you have a thread like this.

I deal with those people all the time. Republicans don't have anything but their own version of so-called virtue signaling to offer these people. They know they don't offer anything to these people so they get them stirred up about "the other" and their religious beliefs

Then Biden types get to coast because they support abortion and LGBTQ rights and things like that, also just Identity politics because their policy is rosier smelling garbage.

The standard is so low it's funny.

Whatever Republicans do is like the anti-virtue signaling.

"Vote for us, we hate the same people you do!"
To the voters they are so moral and great though. Hating these people is moral to them.

Everyone vote early and remember you're doing it for your ancestors who fought for civil rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, and their own freedom not to let it be taken by another ****ing Adolf Hitler. Get your asses out and vote.

Have you voted yet? Just curious.

Whatever Republicans do is like the anti-virtue signaling.

"Vote for us, we hate the same people you do!"

The abortion issue is the ultimate example of virtue signaling. Any vile action from this president and his Republican enablers can be waved away with "But at least he doesn't murder the cude widdle bay-bees!"

To the voters they are so moral and great though. Hating these people is moral to them.

I used to be able to have political discussions with folks whose opinions I oppose. Hell, I was a registered Republican for twenty years and would get into long winded argument with my registered Democrat wife during every election season.

But Trump and his cultists are a different breed altogether. They are actively working towards destroying our democracy. The "both sides are equally bad!" argument is pure foolishness.

They are not equally bad. Clearly not.

Biden's only thing is he's not as bad as the alternative. Obama inspired people and made them believe.

Joe Biden cannot do that.

What's this now? Ohio's back in play?

Ohio: 2020 Election Forecast

Obama won it twice with a +7 and a +4 national lead. Even though Biden's coalition is different in polling (whiter, older, less non-white) than Obama's it would be weird/bad if he didn't with the current aggregate +7 lead - that would mean Biden turned states like CA and NY bluer which is useless to win the electoral college.

Ohio Presidential Election: winner (party) state lead / national lead
1988: G. H. W. Bush (R) +11 / +8
1992: W. Clinton (D) +2 / +6
1996: W. Clinton (D) +6 / +9
2000: G. W. Bush (R) +4 / -1
2004: G. W. Bush (R) +2 / +2
2008: Obama (D) +5 / +7
2012: Obama (D) +3 / +4
2016: Trump (R) +8 / -2

'Find another job, ya Goodyear bums!' great Trump new election slogan for the swing state of Ohio.

Cleveland.com - Gov. Mike DeWine says he doesn’t support Donald Trump’s call for Goodyear boycott

Former [Ohio] governor [Republican] Kasich endorses Biden in Democratic convention speech - The Tribune

Last edited:
Explain how Antifa is anything close to a paramilitary wing of a political party? Of any political party? How are they? In what forms are they doing the Democrats bidding?

Tell me who had “Antifa” attacked passed on their views and not their actions? Attacks on cops are based on a systematic view of police. Has nothing to due with their “views”

When one side is saying “Jews will not replace us.” “Blood and soul.” and the other side is saying “We want equal rights” Yeah, I’d say there is a large difference between the right and the left.
The Left hosts anti-semites like Mallory, Sarsour, and has a good base of folks that adore Farrakhan. The Left even voted in Omar and Tlaib lol. There are anti-semites on the Right AND Left and both sides cater to them. It’s disgusting.

Attacks on all cops is exactly based on views. That view is a false view that all cops are racists. You’re punishing innocent people for retribution. Wanting to abolish police and stirring up a narrative around police starting off as slave patrol is a narrative. Do you honestly believe that we don’t need cops? Do you honestly believe that MHP’s should respond to calls?

Antifa is a paramilitary wing. If they fetishized guns like the Right’s paramilitary wing, there would be way more bloodshed. Antifa wants anarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"