The Last Jedi General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I in no way want Kylo redeemed. He made his choice when he killed his father. Also I don't think Rey needs to end up with anyone, at least not in this trilogy. Her and Kylo is just wrong to me.

I agree. There should be no coming back for him.

the only redemption I thought could work for Kylo would be he sacrifices himself to save his mom.

but that's it.

I want Kylo to embrace the dark side more and more. To Palpatine levels and beyond.

First scene -

Rey sits down in Luke's hut, Luke slaps down a thick file in front of her.

"Flying the falcon first time better than Han Solo himself, doing mind tricks without training, defeating a dark warrior your first time holding a saber, pretty impressive list young lady."

Rey looks up surly -

"This is a Jedi Academy isn't it? I Jedi."

There's no way Kylo isn't redeemed though. Not with how troubled they've showed him.

First scene -

Rey sits down in Luke's hut, Luke slaps down a thick file in front of her.

"Flying the falcon first time better than Han Solo himself, doing mind tricks without training, defeating a dark warrior your first time holding a saber, pretty impressive list young lady."

Rey looks up surly -

"This is a Jedi Academy isn't it? I Jedi."

post-11756-I-Understood-That-Reference-gi-bnSN.gif

It's an interesting position Kylo is in. He's definitely conflicted about what he's done, and he's probably more confused and directionless as ever. I guess we'll find out if he has more moments of conflict in TLJ, or if he doubles down on trying to purge the light inside of him.

I'm sure Kylo will be redeemed. Snoke is the main villain, not Kylo. He's merely manipulated, confused, and emotional.

However, it's going to be a very painful, messy redemption, and Rey and Finn will probably never forgive or trust him. He might never forgive himself.

I'm sure Kylo will be redeemed. Snoke is the main villain, not Kylo. He's merely manipulated, confused, and emotional.

However, it's going to be a very painful, messy redemption, and Rey and Finn will probably never forgive or trust him. He might never forgive himself.

I hope they go the other route with Kylo. We've seen someone go bad, then be redeemed right before death. I hope Kylo suffers, especially for what he did to Han. :o

Kylo should suffer and he should suffer big but if he does then wouldn't that just turn him more towards the Dark Side completely

Ive kinda beat this dead horse topic but if they do redeem himself or have him sacrifice himself for the good guys they need to make him pay. No freedom if he survives, no force ghost, no happy ending for Kylo.

I wouldnt mind the trilogy ending with Kylo in prison, either redeemed or not, and Rey going to visit him. The movies dhouldnt tepeat what happened to Vader. What Kylo has done needs to have some serious consequences for him. Either in life or the afterlife.

If Kylo dies then it would be understandable either at the hands of Snoke or at Rey's hand

I actually want Kylo to kill Snoke and take over the First Order himself. Vader wanted to overthrow Palpatine and Kylo can see it as succeeding where Vader failed.

Yeah but if Kylo overthrows Snoke or even tried to Snoke would kill him because Kylo is still in training

Yeah but if Kylo overthrows Snoke or even tried to Snoke would kill him because Kylo is still in training

Vader was in a similar situation with the Emperor. Fact is the Emperor was more powerful than Vader due to Anakin being severely injured on Mustafar and left in a compromised condition and the Emperor was a paranoid sneaky ****. Vader didnt really have an opportunity to kill the Emperor until the Emperor was over confident in Vader's loyalty and so distracted by torturing Luke to death. Plus, in that moment in ROTJ Vader was finally willing to kill himself to stop the Emperor. It was the perfect moment to kill the Emperor.

Kyko could kill Snoke, but he'd probably have to find the perfect moment to do it. Such as when Snoke is either very distracted and over confident in Kylo's lotalty or when Snoke is in a vulnerable weakened state. Fortunately for Kylo, now that Kylo has killed Han, Snoke should be extremely confident about Kylo's loyalty and believe that Kylo is fully committed. This could help Kylo betray him.

Last edited:
It's implied that Luke is the only one who could stop Snoke at this point. Maybe Rey will get there by Episode IX, but who knows.

Well, Leia and the Resistance are desprately putting their hopes into Luke, and they believe Luke is the key to defeating Snoke, but thats not a guarantee or even an indication that Luke will actually be the one to kill or defeat Snoke. The writers could end up going in an unexpected direction. Even in the OT Luke didnt defeat the Emperor. He was getting his ass electrocuted to death and Vader did the heavy lifting. Plus we have only seen the first film and only saw Luke standing still for 30 seconds. Its too early to think Luke is going to be or even can be the one that defeats Snoke.

This may have already been covered, but a thought occurred to me...

I know quite a few fans felt cheated that TFA introduced and then eliminated the Republic in what seems like the first breath...but I think they purposely did that so they could focus on the birth and creation of a newer political power. If we saw the beginnings of the Empire take form in the PT, we may actually be seeing the creation of a new political body in the ST. The only way to do that, however, would be to get rid of the one that's been existing the past 30 years first (the Republic).

Obviously, it may not look or feel that way because we're only one film in lol. But if this is what they plan to do, I'll be very happy :)

Last edited:
Star Wars news net has an interesting story up about three planets that we will see in episodes 8 and 9 that we've seen before in the prior movies and how they fit into the story. They also hint at what may have driven Ren to the dark side and why Luke retreated to the island.

Rumor time.

Three Legacy planets that are runored to appear in the Sequel Trilogy, the True History of the Jedi, and Luke's Disheartening Discoveries about the corruption of the Ancient Jedi's beliefs and philosophy and the True Ancient History of the Jedi Order:

Read about these latest rumors at the link:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...en-again-in-the-star-wars-sequel-trilogy.html

Hmmm, I had already guessed that we would see Mustafar again in Episode 8 or 9 so I hope thats true.

I didnt even really consider that Luke's Jedi Academy may have been on Tatooine. But I like the idea that he may have gone back to where he began or that there may have been an ancient Jedi Temple hidden on Tatooine similar to the one on Lothal.

As for the true history of the Jedi and the corruption of their original beliefs, that I dont doubt at all. It mskes a lot of sense given what we saw in the PT, Luke's search for the First Jedi Temple, and Kylo turning his back on the Jedi. Luke discovering that what he knew about the Jedi and what he believed was a corruption and a lie would definitely cause him and Kylo some emotional turmoil and strife. And it would have weakened Ben's resolve and allowed Snoke to jump in and increase Ben's distrust of the Jedi and Luke.

Hell, maybe thats why Kylo wanted to wipe out Luke's Jedi Academy. Because he saw it as a corruption and nothing but a continuation of the lies of the Jedi.

Wild speculation time. What if Snoke is an ancient Jedi or a former ancient Jedi that wants to eradicate the corrupted modern Jedi beliefs and philosophies. That would be one hell of a twist. Plus, it would be some crazy irony, if Snoke is the one that knows the answers and truth that Luke is looking for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"