General Episode VIII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

CommanderConnor

Prophecised ******
Reaction score
Let's get the ball rolling...

So it is [BLACKOUT]Rey who now owns the Falcon after Han's death and teams up with Chewbacca. After R2-D2, C3P0 and BB-8 decifer the code to find Luke, Rey, Chewy, BB-8 who Rey now also owns, and R2-D2 go to Luke at the Jedi Monastery. Episode VIII begins with them there where Luke is training Rey in the use of the Force and her Lightsaber skills[/BLACKOUT]

Let's get the ball rolling...

So it is [BLACKOUT]Rey who now owns the Falcon after Han's death and teams up with Chewbacca. After R2-D2, C3P0 and BB-8 decifer the code to find Luke, Rey, Chewy, BB-8 who Rey now also owns, and R2-D2 go to Luke at the Jedi Monastery. Episode VIII begins with them there where Luke is training Rey in the use of the Force and her Lightsaber skills[/BLACKOUT]

Based on what we know, yes.

Rumor going around that a Team from the UK will be flying to the US shortly to train Hayden Christensen for "Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort".

Discuss...

Rumor going around that a Team from the UK will be flying to the US shortly to train Hayden Christensen for "Star Wars: Episode VIII appearance of some sort".

Discuss...

Yeah not happening.

Discuss...

vade_retro_satana-2.jpg

I don't imagine he'd have a lightsaber as a Force ghost, so by "training" do they mean... acting training? :O

I have no shame admitting that would be cool and I'm sure the general audience would love a force-ghost cameo from him. Actually getting people on Star Wars forums to admit it though, that's another issue,lol

I think most people outside of the SW forums would mock it if this rumor was true.

I have no shame admitting that would be cool and I'm sure the general audience would love a force-ghost cameo from him. Actually getting people on Star Wars forums to admit it though, that's another issue,lol

I don't think the general audience were that thrilled with Hayden to begin with.

I actually think people would warm to it quicker than you'd expect.

If Hayden were to do a good job that could just be one more more thing for prequel haters to hold against Lucas, as it would demonstrate what he's capable of under better direction. Plus there's a redemption story there for Hayden, which does have its appeal. If this is really a thing, I could easily see it being a super short 30 second cameo though.

Bottom line if TFA blows everyone away, they will have everyone's trust again. People making fun of it wouldn't matter. Everyone would still go see Episode VIII no matter what. Plus, there are plenty of PT fans and people who grew up with the PT who would actually be excited about it.

If there's anyone who could pull off getting people on board with this, it's The Mouse.

This is the kind of insane rumor that gets thrown in by clandestine sources just to stir the pot.

I don't think Hayden being in the film would drive the GA away, but it likely wouldn't excite them either. Hayden was panned even back in the day ,and even the GA back then wasn't all that sweet on him.

That said, there are younger fans who grew up with the prequels who may have more of an attachment to him than others would. I think the people would greet this rumor, assuming its true, with open arms would be basically the younger fans of the prequels and the clone wars , perhaps.

This seems like some PT fan wishful thinking, not buying it.

I still do think the rumor is a pure fabrication, but at the same time stranger things have happened so I don't want to say "never" here. I appreciate that MSW reported the rumor responsibly and were very clear that it's a rumor they find highly unlikely. Their track record has been good, but now that they're well established it's very easy for any troll to submit them stuff and try to get it run on their site.

*sees article about Gugu Mbatha-Raw being eyed for another female lead in Episode 8*

:awesome:

*sees it's sourced to Latino Review*

:waa:

I'd love to see her in a SW film, she's a really good actress.

I think many may have expected Disney to move away from elements of the PT but I think there will be more PT elements linking all the films then is expected

Like this?
http://**************.net/2015/10/from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-to-episode-viii-the-state-of-the-senate/

If Hayden is showing up in something, it'll be Rogue One or another spin-off, not VIII

If Vader is appearing in Rogue One, then there's no need for him to be played by Hayden. If Anakin shows up as a Ghost in Ep8, they either digitize Shaw or they bring Hayden. Simple, really.

At this point I think a Force Ghost is essential and if they want to avoid the Obi/Anakin casting pickle, they should just use Yoda, and even then it's just sidestepping the issue.

If Vader is appearing in Rogue One, then there's no need for him to be played by Hayden. If Anakin shows up as a Ghost in Ep8, they either digitize Shaw or they bring Hayden. Simple, really.

At this point I think a Force Ghost is essential and if they want to avoid the Obi/Anakin casting pickle, they should just use Yoda, and even then it's just sidestepping the issue.

Anakin appearing as a Force Ghost to Kylo Ren maybe..

In a "let me help you get there capacity" or in a "Reconsider" one, like Luke to Cade in the Legacy comics? The former would be terrible. The latter would make sense with the Kylo-is-the-anti-Luke rumors we've been hearing.

Started filming star wars again near me recently. Woop woop. Shame i work full time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"