General Gaming News

FJZ4B56WUAQdl9k

Disgusting.

Really don’t like the path of consolidation that gaming, and the entertainment industry in general, is treading down.

I mean, Nintendo probably will buy some studios at some point. Its just, those purchases will be places like Next Level Games, rather than Square-Enix- corporate partners that they decide to finally bring "into the family".

. . . that said, while it will never happen, I can't help but laugh at the thought of Nintendo buying Square-Enix, since it would almost certainly be a *good* thing for Square-Enix. Mandatory development for the Nintendo platform would force discipline and restraint on their Business Division 1, with would definitely help them escape their cycle of dysfunction that's trapped them for the past 15 years. Yes, it means new Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles would be less graphically spiffy, but meh.

Nintendo will buy Nintendo.

You've heard it first here, folks!
They like the look of that Mario character and fancy making some games out of him. Could really add to their portfolio.

I mean, Nintendo probably will buy some studios at some point. Its just, those purchases will be places like Next Level Games, rather than Square-Enix- corporate partners that they decide to finally bring "into the family".

. . . that said, while it will never happen, I can't help but laugh at the thought of Nintendo buying Square-Enix, since it would almost certainly be a *good* thing for Square-Enix. Mandatory development for the Nintendo platform would force discipline and restraint on their Business Division 1, with would definitely help them escape their cycle of dysfunction that's trapped them for the past 15 years. Yes, it means new Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles would be less graphically spiffy, but meh.
Feels like Nintendo aren’t trying to provide a bit of everything in the way that the others are trying to strengthen their weak spots. Nintendo know what they do well and likely want to focus on that. Not sure if that quote is accurate about not wanting to expand their company for the sake of it with non-Nintendo DNA people.

The play to earn era of gaming is going to suuuuuuccck.

How is this play to earn going to work? If they give me 500 grand a year to play Elder Scrolls VI whenever I feel like it I would prefer that to repeating the lift section on hard on Turok all day every day for 2c a year.

Feels like Nintendo aren’t trying to provide a bit of everything in the way that the others are trying to strengthen their weak spots. Nintendo know what they do well and likely want to focus on that. Not sure if that quote is accurate about not wanting to expand their company for the sake of it with non-Nintendo DNA people.

I would not expect a major AAA buyout from Nintendo.

nice. I hope we get at least one playable woman character in the next one. Although obviously the whole genre has changed so much since the last new gta game
Yeah, that’s totally due. I think they could make some great female GTA characters. I’ve seen characters in other games that would easily fit right in.

I mean, they *already* provide a bit of everything. Pretty much every genre, they have at least one entry in, aside from "MMO" if you consider that a separate genre. Its just something a lot of people overlook because their conception of what a "fighting game" or a "deathmatch shooter" looks like, is *not* the stereotypical standard.

How is this play to earn going to work? If they give me 500 grand a year to play Elder Scrolls VI whenever I feel like it I would prefer that to repeating the lift section on hard on Turok all day every day for 2c a year.

Four words: Real Money Auction House. That is essentially how such a system would "work"- you do stuff in game, and you then sell some kind of loot drop or gold drop for cash. Thus, you earn money by playing the game.

Well, actually, what it would be is "you sell loot for crypto-currency", since the main point of "play to earn" is to acquire a populace of willing schmucks who will help launder your own crypto-holdings into actual money. . .

Four words: Real Money Auction House. That is essentially how such a system would "work"- you do stuff in game, and you then sell some kind of loot drop or gold drop for cash. Thus, you earn money by playing the game.

Well, actually, what it would be is "you sell loot for crypto-currency", since the main point of "play to earn" is to acquire a populace of willing schmucks who will help launder your own crypto-holdings into actual money. . .
Would be interesting to see how good the games are that use this, and what rate of pay can be earned. Just can’t really see how it would work in a way that makes everyone happy for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"