Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Han Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, don't see much of a resemblance but never seen the guy act either so can't really judge.

The TFA casting was spot on though so I trust them to choose the best person.

I wanted someone more like River Phoenix. :csad: I thought this was young Han Solo? This guy looks mid-30s like me... but he's short. I guess he has that going for him. The hair and makeup people can work some magic I guess too.
Not mainly River Phoenix's out there, but yeah, I wanted someone who invoked the idea of youth. Hence whiy I wanted Egerton. I am not being funny, he looks older then Ford did in Star Wars.

Eh, don't see much of a resemblance but never seen the guy act either so can't really judge.

The TFA casting was spot on though so I trust them to choose the best person.
Well that was JJ and he was casting original characters. He brought everyone else back.

Well that was JJ and he was casting original characters. He brought everyone else back.

Yeah but the casting for the new characters was great, I imagine the producers had some input into that and the same here?

Yeah but the casting for the new characters was great, I imagine the producers had some input into that and the same here?
Well one of the reasons they got JJ, is his casting ability. While there was input, that put that in JJ and his crews hands.

They said they weren't going for someone that could imitate or look like Ford, but someone that could give off the vibe of a Han Solo in his young days. Fair enough. He did crack me up in Hail Caesar.

Utter disgrace Anthony Ingruber has not got this role. After playing a younger version of Ford previously, you'd have thought his agent would have been on this like a ton of bricks.

Are you telling me this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

Does not mean you are able for the part....

Well one of the reasons they got JJ, is his casting ability. While there was input, that put that in JJ and his crews hands.

Okay then, I change my mind, I hate this casting and will be boycotting the casting and movie from now on :cwink:.

I've seen too many films where the younger actors don't look much like the older ones, but still do well anyway, to really care. What it far more important to me is can he get the mannerisms and personality down. I don't want a Harrison Ford imitator honestly, that'd be boring. I want someone who gets the important details, but still puts his own spin on the character (especially since this is Han at a different stage in his life, so he wouldn't be exactly the same as Ford's version anyway).

I'm still not liking the idea of this movie. If the actor is not right it will feel like Han Solo cosplay easily.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing. Lawrence Kasdan is directing, and they got a talented young actor to play Han. I see no reason NOT to be optimistic right now.

[YT]k7ie2G0TUOE[/YT]

As always I agree with HelloGreedo and what he talks about with the casting.

Solidus has become a Star Wars shill. He loves everything. :o

Star Wars is the best !

*Checks bank statement

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing. Lawrence Kasdan is directing, and they got a talented young actor to play Han. I see no reason NOT to be optimistic right now.
You mean Lawrence Kasdan is writing? Or am I wrong? :oldrazz:

I feel bad for the guy. He is going to be raked over the coals until the film releases. And even then, you will have a segment that still hates him.

I'm still fighting a contingent of "Rey is a Mary Sue" trolls on another forum...

I feel bad for the guy. He is going to be raked over the coals until the film releases. And even then, you will have a segment that still hates him.

I'm still fighting a contingent of "Rey is a Mary Sue" trolls on another forum...
Well he has a penis so he can't be a Mary Sue according to the MRA morons and that attention ****e Max Landis.

I'm sure he will get crap though.

Even if I don't really care for this movie, I wish him the best, he's part of the Star Wars family now.

Here I disagree, people are not trolls for having a different opinion, unless all they do is insult and spam instead of debating rationally. I like the movie, but the Rey issue is debatable, if JJ would've done a better job with the script, there would be no debate. Luke's progress was handled better in the OT, it was more organic. JJ's obsession with his mystery box and leaving viewers with more questions than answers is part of the problem. Rian Johnson is a better director IMO, hopefully he will get right what JJ got wrong.

This is not the place, but all I will say is that they have expressed views that is very sympathetic to the ugly underside of geekdom.

Yeah, Ford has played quite a few iconic cinema heroes, this being one of them. Any recast will be met with disdain from nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"