Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Han Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreenRant 06.23.2017:
Han Solo Could Get a Lord & Miller Director’s Cut Because of DGA Rule

They absolutely should. Can't think of a better way to settle this controversy. If it sucks we can at least breathe easy that LFL are indeed making these films with our best interests in mind, if it's superior we'll know they're stuck 40 years in the past and need to trust their film makers more.

D23 and Comicon are going to be very interesting for Lucasfilm. And by interesting, I mean awkward.

Yes, because what Star Wars needs is more alternate editions...

It is very doubtful. Why would LF finish post-production on anything that they aren't using, and what are the chances they did finish 90% of the film?

Yeah, the majority of the film we're going to see is as Lord and Miller shot it, there's no way you can compare Ron's 5 weeks to 6 months of Lord and Miller footage, but it's all in the edit.

Well, did they complete 90 percent of principal photography?

From the TPM days:

DDGBq1uXYAA7nPP.jpg

I admire his defense of Lloyd, but "truly amazing" just made me legitimately laugh out loud.

Pretty much my reaction, too. Although he doesn't say in which way he was amazed. :p

I assume Lord & Miller were pushing the comedy in the movie? colider talk said it was close to ace venture type humour at times and that concerned the han solo actor?

This true?

I think a decision like this probably isn't an easy one and i imagine Lucasfilm must have had good reason to be concerned?

I assume Lord & Miller were pushing the comedy in the movie? colider talk said it was close to ace venture type humour at times and that concerned the han solo actor?

This true?

I think a decision like this probably isn't an easy one and i imagine Lucasfilm must have had good reason to be concerned?
Its Collider talking about Star Wars. Never believe what they say.

I don't think it was Jim Carrey level comedy, their humor is a lot smarter than that even if it does get slapstick at times.

When I think Ace Ventura I think body and face contortion with hammy line delivery. So unless it was that specifically then the comparison isn't apt. Making Han a slapstick character and making him Ace would be two different things. In any case, I'd love if someone could confirm this characterisation.

The "Ace Ventura" info came from a Star Wars news net article I believe.

That's kind of why I'm skeptical of the statement, and that article was heavily biased against Lord and Miller.

Yeah, perhaps some of the information is correct, but it was practically a puff piece. Absolutely not to be trusted.

I don't know why but ever since this happened, I keep thinking of Sean Connery's speech to Kevin Costner in The Untouchables about The Chicago Way.

Perhaps, it was decided that Lord and Miller didn't mesh with the Star Wars Way.
Perhaps.
Pure speculation on my part.

Well, there is a loophole that could grant them a director's cut, but I don't think they filmed quite enough. Apparently if Lord and Miller had filmed 90% of the movie, they could actually demand a DC. Kind of interesting...

Well, there is a loophole that could grant them a director's cut, but I don't think they filmed quite enough. Apparently if Lord and Miller had filmed 90% of the movie, they could actually demand a DC. Kind of interesting...
The loophole obviously doesn't apply here.

They still had a public mutual parting, meaning they can't suddenly turn around and make such a demand or sue Lucasfilm.

The loophole obviously doesn't apply here.

They still had a public mutual parting, meaning they can't suddenly turn around and make such a demand or sue Lucasfilm.

From what I was reading it didn't seem like that would matter. That's basically something that is required from the Director's Guild if they chose to pursue it. I don't think for an instant that it's something they'd want to do. I just found the information interesting.

It's not required at all in this case. There were specific rules and guidelines for that to happen, and it doesn't fulfill them. It's just a bunch of clickbait to give hope that we can get a Lord and Miller director's cut.

Which would be a tough thing considering there will be large swaths of the movie they were never around to direct or supervise.

It's not required at all in this case. There were specific rules and guidelines for that to happen, and it doesn't fulfill them. It's just a bunch of clickbait to give hope that we can get a Lord and Miller director's cut.

Which would be a tough thing considering there will be large swaths of the movie they were never around to direct or supervise.

Well, anyone that would think that would happen would have to be a dumbass, but I always find the weird crap that's in the union's contract interesting. I'd love to actually read one of those contracts.

They probably had to sign some sort of exit agreement with Lucasfilm. Or who knows, maybe contract legalities allowed this outcome to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"