Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Han Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a role we know, it has to be Sana. Though I kind of like the idea of perhaps meeting a family member of Lando's.

If they were also considering Naomi Scott wouldn't that hint it's not Sana? Unless Sana has a really bad cold, I guess.

No Sana is clearly drawn as Black in the comics. Whereas Naomi is Half-Indian and Half-White (British). So it makes me think that perhaps it isn't Sana (plus surely Han has met more than just one WOC on his many travels).

I'd be fine with any of them getting the part honestly, but Tessa would be my #1 choice. She's great.

No Sana is clearly drawn as Black in the comics. Whereas Naomi is Half-Indian and Half-White (British). So it makes me think that perhaps it isn't Sana (plus surely Han has met more than just one WOC on his many travels).

I'd be fine with any of them getting the part honestly, but Tessa would be my #1 choice. She's great.

You might be right, but there's always the 'close enough' attitude. Like Oscar Isaac in X-Men. "He's not Egyptian but at least he's not white. CLOSE ENOUGH!"

It depends how you view it as bad or good, haha.

Or it could be like Forrest Whitaker's character in Rogue One is also a character based on a character from The Clone Wars. But there are creative license involved, like how Forrest doesn't have green eyes and has a British accent, and looks black, while the cartoon version has an American accent and looks mixed.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/789573195506524160

Hello, what have we here? Donald Glover is Lando Calrissian in the untitled 2018 Han Solo Star Wars Story. http://strw.rs/2eg6Ank
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald...-upcoming-han-solo-star-wars-stand-alone-film

Films // OCTOBER 21, 2016
Donald Glover Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in Upcoming Han Solo Star Wars Stand-Alone Film

The smooth-talking smuggler is coming back to the big screen.

Hello, what have we here?

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

Last edited:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss.

giphy.gif

:woot:

Alright, if anyone complains about how this is pointless movie again, Paper Boi is going to show up to your house and prove he is not a bank. :o

I wanted Anthony Mackie but Glover will do well with the role. Just give him a stache, cape, Colt 45 and Billy Dee Williams' swagger and *BOOM* Young Lando.

*looks down at heart-shaped wooden carving displaying the words "Darth Skywalker + Sawyer"*

*throws it into the garbage*

:o
Sarcastic smilie, hiding real pain. :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"