General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by Thread Manager, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]514157[/split]

2. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

3. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Considering how film studios are, the ridiculous stuff is probably required from the guilds.

4. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

So, a pretty big culture clash.

5. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

S*** is dumb

6. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Oh my God. :funny:

7. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

Great article. It indicates that Lord and Miller were in over their heads, with the crew not getting proper instructions.

8. pixen

pixen Registered

The latest THR article is pure "Kathleen Kennedy" putting out bad things about the two directors. While they may have been in over their head, I don't think they lack experience, having worked on so many successful projects. This sounds like she's trying to make herself seem like more of a good guy than anything else.

9. The Guard

The Guard Registered

Doesn't it, though?

10. Zant

Zant Registered

The sad thing is people will believe the media spin. I hope Lord and Miller act more mature and stay silent. It won't be easy with Lucasfilm trying to make them look bad.

Directors will think twice about directing a Star Wars film now. It used to be the dream directing gig.

11. Gabe99

Gabe99 Registered

'Star Wars' Firing Reveals a Disturbance in the Franchise
    New details emerge from the set of the troubled Han Solo movie (an editor fired, a last-minute acting coach hired) as insiders debate whether problems trace to directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, or if the Disney and Lucasfilm series can accommodate divergent styles.

12. summerteeth

summerteeth Registered

Really? Ron Howard? This was already a movie I wasn't thrilled about and now we are going to probably get a by the numbers story that nobody really wanted anyways...

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Once again, this seems heavily biased and skewed against Lord and Miller.

I kind of want to understand what happened because Kasdan reportedly campaigned to get them the job.

Here's the other thing, if Kasdan is so purist about how his scripts are filmed, did he really not know about Lord and Miller's methods at all and how they like to improvise? They didn't talk about that at all before filming? To me that's just an insane disconnect I don't understand.

14. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

Even if Lord and Miller were doing a crap job, it was still Lucasfilm's responsibility to properly vet them at the beginning and remedy the problems when they initially appeared. As the ones in charge, they have the lion's share of blame for letting things get that bad so deep into production.

15. DarthSkywalker

I am a Lord and Miller fan. Why do we assume they didn't have this conversation and that Lord and Miller made a problem they didn't keep? Like they thought they could do it, but failed. Or thought they'd make a movie so good, it wouldn't matter.

I am now just upset that we aren't going to get a full movie either way. Feels like it is going to be a mash up now.

16. The Guard

The Guard Registered

This.

From a blame standpoint, it kind of doesn't matter what articles say at this point. The producers effectively let this happen, and issues with quality of Lord and Miller's work doesn't change that it was allowed to go on for a ridiculous amount of time.

It never should have gotten this far, and is almost certainly related somehow to a lack of oversight. How else does something like this even happen? Does something like this happen if you're running a tight ship?

It's a bit baffling.

17. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

I guess they had it so bad that even a Ron Howard mention would get them to go wild :o

18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I kind of agree. A lot of these problems seem like there wasn't a lot of vetting or discussion before production started.

19. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

What was the crap I read about the Han Solo actor basically tattling on Lord and Miller? I'm sure it was just click bait.

20. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

We're obviously not getting the full story, as it always is when someone is "let go." Bits and pieces are always left out.

21. DarthSkywalker

Why do we assume there wasn't? Lord and Miller lying or going back on their word is such an impossible idea?

22. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Honestly, this truly sounds like a genuine case of "creative differences". It sounds like Lord and Miller thought they were there to make a comedy, and Lucasfilm wanted an action/adventure with some comedic elements without breaking the current mold. I just don't understand why they waited so long if they were having problems almost immediately.

23. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Do Not Want

There's a good possibility that perhaps Lord and Miller just sh**t the bed. Hard to say at this point.

Honestly they should have just let Kasdan direct this from the beginning. He was the one who wanted this movie and kept pushing for it (even though for most people it always sounded like a bad idea).

24. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

This mentality where "oh maybe they will come to our side at some point" from Lucasfilm seems rather reckless.

And an acting coach for Ehnrecehjc? Damn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.