Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last shot of Chewie with his hand on Han's shoulder, that just doesn't look like Han.

Just episode films. I think the anthology films take away a lot of the mystique. We know Han as a badass with a pretty dubious past...I feel like this is going to take away from how his character has been built up for us.
Oh right. I mean I want them all but I totally see what you're saying there.

Oh right. I mean I want them all but I totally see what you're saying there.

As long as they keep making them as good as Rogue One was though, I think I'll deal with it. :woot:

Just episode films. I think the anthology films take away a lot of the mystique. We know Han as a badass with a pretty dubious past...I feel like this is going to take away from how his character has been built up for us.
If the prequels couldn't harm Darth Vader, I don't think anything can do that.

This film doesn't seem to be about Han Solo before he is Han Solo. His real youth, his beginnings, that isn't what is covered here. We may still not know if Han Solo is his real name or not.

You wanted people to eat crow for saying they'd have something for the Super Bowl. This was next even a week ago. :funny:

Yeah and then after Ron Howard basically confirmed it on Twitter I said I'm eating crow. I was skeptical it would. I never said they absolutely weren't going to show it.

I know what they're going for by holding back on showing his face, but I feel like it almost comes across like "we know you'll take one look and say 'that's not Han Solo,' so we're just gonna avoid showing him."

I know what they're going for by holding back on showing his face, but I feel like it almost comes across like "we know you'll take one look and say 'that's not Han Solo,' so we're just gonna avoid showing him."
Full trailer tomorrow. Let's see how that goes. But here, they basically did it with everything but Clarke's face. Even the Falcon and Chewie.

I am completely hyped for this. I love how this looks.

This is Harrison Ford's fault. He had enough natural charisma but then he had to take Han and Indy to charisma overload levels that no human would ever be able to match in future.

If the prequels couldn't harm Darth Vader, I don't think anything can do that.

This film doesn't seem to be about Han Solo before he is Han Solo. His real youth, his beginnings, that isn't what is covered here. We may still not know if Han Solo is his real name or not.

That's a fair point. Worst case scenario seems to be a situation just like the prequels.

Full trailer tomorrow. Let's see how that goes. But here, they basically did it with everything but Clarke's face. Even the Falcon and Chewie.

I am completely hyped for this. I love how this looks.
Yeah hopefully the full trailer won't feel like it's tap-dancing around its title character. Because they very clearly showed their other leads - Clarke, Glover, Harrelson.

Wow, that actually looks pretty good! Definitely captures the Star Wars aesthetic and feel very nicely, just like Rogue One. Awesome visuals too! I love the shot of the Star Destroyer in the smoke cloud.

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love it if the entire movie were filmed keeping Han's face in shadow. I actually had that idea a couple days ago, I'm glad to see the filmmakers had the same idea, at least for this trailer. Again, it probably won't happen, but it would be a unique way to present the movie, I can't think of another movie that's done that.

Yeah hopefully the full trailer won't feel like it's tap-dancing around its title character. Because they very clearly showed their other leads - Clarke, Glover, Harrelson.

I think that was just for the sake of this tv spot though. I honk during tomorrow’s trailer we get a money shot or two of Han full on.

His cheekbones are just a quarter of an inch too high to really be Han. It's just-- I just can't. :o

That's a fair point. Worst case scenario seems to be a situation just like the prequels.
And I am hoping it is a lot better then that. :woot:

I totally get peoples reservations for this film even being made. Its funny, but my favorite Han Solo turn is TFA, so I feel like I have never loved the character more. These films to me have the chance to be what the old EU novel series tried to be. Definitive stories for some these characters, outside of the Saga. Rogue One was a mixed bag for me, but I ended up enjoying it. I am hoping for a lot more here.

And I am hoping it is a lot better then that. :woot:

I totally get peoples reservations for this film even being made. Its funny, but my favorite Han Solo turn is TFA, so I feel like I have never loved the character more. These films to me have the chance to be what the old EU novel series tried to be. Definitive stories for some these characters, outside of the Saga. Rogue One was a mixed bag for me, but I ended up enjoying it. I am hoping for a lot more here.

If the film doesn't live up to Han I will enjoy it as a SW film about some random character. If it lives up to Han then we will have a titan on our hands.

It's like he's about to get Weinstein-ed by a Yeti in that final shot.

His cheekbones are just a quarter of an inch too high to really be Han. It's just-- I just can't. :o
Yeah it's tough. It's tough to accept another actor playing Han Solo onscreen like this.

It's like he's about to get Weinstein-ed by a Yeti in that final shot.

for terry78, can anyone discern what's happening on that train/monorail type structure? It looks like a blaster fight, and the really odd big-looking creature is charging at the person shooting the lasers. Was the one shooting the blaster Han Solo? Anyone know what the hulking creature was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"