Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those books won't be out for quite a long time. Hopefully whenever they do Lucasfilm allows them to tell the story as it happened, with all sides considered.

I'd be interested in the chapter on Josh Trank too.

Oh, for sure. Which brings me to this, though it's been brought up before, which is the utter amazing success of bringing SW back and the impact and financial performance of the movies, well deserved I might add, has led us to kind of brush off the difficulties that have been reported about how Lucasfilm has had quite a bit of drama behind the scenes.

It in some ways is a testament to Kennedy and the other members of Lucasfilm because those bumps in production have yet to sink anything (so far). Still I do think some issues were the direct result of decisions going up to the top that maybe made situations worse than they should have been in the first place. Again though, it says something that they have averted any problem that would put any kind of black mark on their record of success.

Marvel Studios have had their fair share of bumps and overcome them. Hopefully Lucasfilm can continue to do the same. Thankfully money isnt really a problem for either studio because theyve got the godfather of movie studios bankrolling them. Even if they do produce some bombs, Star Wars has such an insane revenue flow from merchandise and Disney is so damn successful that the Star Wars franchise is like Moby ****ing Dick. Killing it would be an insurmountable task.

Last edited:
As long as Lucasfilm doesn't put out anything on par with Thor TDW or The Incredible Hulk then they'll be doing better than the MCU.

As long as Lucasfilm doesn't put out anything on par with Thor TDW or The Incredible Hulk then they'll be doing better than the MCU.
Someone else who sees The Incredible Hulk like I do. I knew Roose was my favorite.

Afte watching Baby Driver, I could totally see Ansel Elgort as Han. Like really see it.

They should have gone with Ansel for real. They still can change the lead, Back to the Future did it deep into production.

They are not scrapping this movie and reshooting the entire movie just for one casting you don't like.

Afte watching Baby Driver, I could totally see Ansel Elgort as Han. Like really see it.

Much better than the guy they eventually picked. At least Ansel can pass off as a younger Harrison Ford

Kinda looks like a late teens/early twenties Harrison in this pic

cb32088b40c66d92880e42134a4578ad_16419_frame_es_005.jpg

^ I like the look of the dude they picked, and I haven't seen him act yet so I can't really comment on it-- But yeah, when a Young Han Solo movie was first being talked about, that's more the look/age range I was hoping for.

Much better than the guy they eventually picked. At least Ansel can pass off as a younger Harrison Ford

Kinda looks like a late teens/early twenties Harrison in this pic

cb32088b40c66d92880e42134a4578ad_16419_frame_es_005.jpg

He's definitely wearing the right colors.

han-solo.jpg

If you had told me that was from the movie, minus the headphones, I'd believe it.

I'm sure Marvel or DC will snatch up Elgort for something after his performance and the acclaim the movie is getting.

All I know is they better not mess this up. They pushed back the 2nd season of Atlanta for this :cmad:

They're kid directors in that they're not incredibly experienced in high concept things like this. People don't literally mean "kid director" as in a Doogie Howser type running around shooting films. You know what he meant. It doesn't have to do with age

Rian Johnson at least has Looper and has made at least a few live action features since 2005. Lord and Miller, love them, didn't get into live action features until 2012 and they don't have experience with a sci fi concept like Han Solo

I still think what they did could've been good. But who knows.
Yes they are.

Leaked Pictures and Video one of them it seems shows Emilia Clarkes Character damn this movie will be so Awesome http://**************.net/2017/07/photos-video-set-star-wars-han-solo-tmz/

Emilia's outfit looks like something Leia would wear. Maybe her character is a noble.

Hopefully this **** will underperform and they'll ditch the anthology nonsense altogether...

Hopefully this **** will underperform and they'll ditch the anthology nonsense altogether...

Could you be anymore narrowminded? The standalone films allow the franchise to expand outside of the episode films.

And Han Solo underperforming isnt going to stop the Anthology films. :funny: Rogue One was a sucess and showed them that audiences want more star wars films and are ok with them not being episode films. If Han Solo underperforms Disney might not make a sequel to Han Solo, but they won't cancel other Anthology films. Why would they? Why cancel a Boba Fett film or Obi-Wan film or some other non Han Solo Anthology film just because a single Han Solo film underperforms?

Multiple Anthology films would have to bomb before Disney would consider them a poor investment.

Last edited:
Emilia's outfit looks like something Leia would wear. Maybe her character is a noble.
This looks like it could be some sort of [BLACKOUT]underground private club or museum[/BLACKOUT]. My money would be on this being formal wear, but not noble wear.

Last edited:
I'm not excited for Han Solo especially, but I'll be honest, I hope they go route of just putting out anthology films post-IX.

Interesting set pics.

Also, Rogue One made over $500 million domestic and over $1 billion worldwide. They aren't abandoning the anthology films anytime soon. This is exactly why Disney bought Lucasfilm. They are going run this wagon until the wheels come off, just like Activision releasing a new Call of Duty every year :D

Even if this film were to bomb, I'm still not sure that'd be enough for Disney to abandon the strategy. Even if it under-performed, it probably wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"