Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense. At first I thought they might have just hide it, but they have the trench, which is heavily protected. So he probably has to get them to put the weakness in for some reason.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Not enough Luke for me to read it. I will wait for someone to buy me the audio book for Christmas. It always happens. :funny:

It was a good book, not as good as Lost Stars but an interesting read into some of the conflict prior to TFA.

Not enough Luke for me to read it. I will wait for someone to buy me the audio book for Christmas. It always happens. :funny:

That's been something of an understandable problem with a lot of the novels put out recently, but hopefully the Luke quantity changes after or around VIII's release when they have more room to explore him.

Right now I think we'll get a lot of content within the Catalyst novel. James Luceno mentioned at NYCC that Galen and Krennic are two of the main characters, so I suspect we'll get a lot of the answers to these kinds of questions.

It was a good book, not as good as Lost Stars but an interesting read into some of the conflict prior to TFA.
I have heard very good things about it and read some of the relevant canon content. I also take your recommendation highly, so I will definitely check it out one way or the other. :up:

That's been something of an understandable problem with a lot of the novels put out recently, but hopefully the Luke quantity changes after or around VIII's release when they have more room to explore him.

Right now I think we'll get a lot of content within the Catalyst novel. James Luceno mentioned at NYCC that Galen and Krennic are two of the main characters, so I suspect we'll get a lot of the answers to these kinds of questions.
The lack of Luke is definitely an understandable problem, but I still feel like I am being mercilessly teased at times. He's off in a place where we can't contact him, come on. :funny:

Catalyst is hitting before Rogue One right? Perfect for discussing these kind of issues.

I have heard very good things about it and read some of the relevant canon content. I also take your recommendation highly, so I will definitely check it out one way or the other. :up:

The lack of Luke is definitely an understandable problem, but I still feel like I am being mercilessly teased at times. He's off in a place where we can't contact him, come on. :funny:

Catalyst is hitting before Rogue One right? Perfect for discussing these kind of issues.

Yeah, it is a little more political heavy, but a good read. It really does capture Leia and her strength throughout the book.

Yeah Catalyst is coming out November 15th the same day as the Ultimate Edition for TFA. I just got Ahsoka on Tuesday but I want to read that before Cataylst, but I'm re-reading The Shinning right now so I better set more time aside for reading.

The youtube comments make me sick. One of the top comments: why isn't the main character a boy?

The replies are even worse.

The youtube comments make me sick. One of the top comments: why isn't the main character a boy?

After the last trailer, I decided not to read those anymore. I'll just get angry, and idiots who believe that kind of stuff don't deserve that.

There's stuff like that all over the web. At this point it's just noise, and I bet you those same people pay to see Rogue One anyway.

The rest of the Rogue One team is guys and there is even a male robot. Christ I wish those whiney little boys would grow up and shut up about female lead characters.

After the last trailer, I decided not to read those anymore. I'll just get angry, and idiots who believe that kind of stuff don't deserve that.

I had to remind myself how horrible comment sections and most the internet has always been. It's usually the area where the worst of the worst goes, not just YouTube comments but Facebook as well.

There's stuff like that all over the web. At this point it's just noise, and I bet you those same people pay to see Rogue One anyway.
I know. But the places I usually hang, I don't really have to deal with that. Seeing it associated with Star Wars just gets me angry. Those asshats don't deserve TFA, Rogue One or any Star Wars.

I had to remind myself how horrible comment sections and most the internet has always been. It's usually the area where the worst of the worst goes, not just YouTube comments but Facebook as well.
Yep, too true. The only comment sections I regularly read are those of Deadspin and Kotaku, and they still have some from time to time.

I know. But the places I usually hang, I don't really have to deal with that. Seeing it associated with Star Wars just gets me angry. Those asshats don't deserve TFA, Rogue One or any Star Wars.

In a perfect world they'd stay in the realm of Bayformers and never venture out to civilisation.

Yep, too true. The only comment sections I regularly read are those of Deadspin and Kotaku, and they still have some from time to time.

It's just the internet anymore. I'm always reminded when I used to work in the customer service world that you may only get 1 terrible customer out of 100 but they are the loudest and will scream how much they hate your store/restaurant from the mountaintops.

Anymore it's filled with those types, the pseudo intellects, the pretentious snobs and various others that just want to troll for the sake of it. I tried looking at the StarWars.com Facebook page comments the other day. What a mistake. All the majority of sane people can do is:

MindlessUnlinedGreatargus.gif

In a perfect world they'd stay in the realm of Bayformers and never venture out to civilisation.
Bayformers are too good for them. They can have the entire catalog of Uwe Boll to pass the time.

The rest of the Rogue One team is guys and there is even a male robot. Christ I wish those whiney little boys would grow up and shut up about female lead characters.

I saw one youtube comment that complained about there not being any white men on the team. The droid is voiced by a white man so that comment is invalid.

The ugly truth is that these sexist, xenophobic jerks are not Bay fans hopping over to Star Wars. But actual Star Wars/ Sci-Fi fans who feel that their world is being 'violated' by girls and brown people.

It's very good, both in terms of Leia's character arc and the way they set up political state of the ST and the New Republic.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's just about to get into stuff regarding

Leia and the Hutts

I saw one youtube comment that complained about there not being any white men on the team. The droid is voiced by a white man so that comment is invalid.

Well considering the whole damn team are aliens that are in no way seperated by earth's racial divisions it really shouldnt matter at all. Besides, if they are so desperate for white skin theyve got Andor. His skin is plenty "white". And I saw more than one white skinned rebel.

Well considering the whole damn team are aliens that are in no way seperated by earth's racial divisions it really shouldnt matter at all. Besides, if they are so desperate for white skin theyve got Andor. His skin is plenty "white". And I saw more than one white skinned rebel.
This reminds me: some of these people are fine with Aliens with skins of every color of the rainbow, but blows a fuse when a black/brown human being is in it. Truly bizarre.

You can only wonder what these people are seeing when they watch Star Wars.

The visuals in this look phenomenal. I didn't notice the half buried Jedi statue until I heard from someone else.

So, any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Does anyone else think "Save the Rebellion! Save the dream!" is such a great line? :woot:

I mean, the way Whitaker delivered it and the rest of the trailer supporting it, just fantastic, I cried like a baby. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"