Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they'll let one or two cast members survive. They couldn't wipe them ALL out!

Hopefully they'll let one or two cast members survive. They couldn't wipe them ALL out!

No?

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

I don't mind them gettign wiped out completly. Their heroic sacrifice will not be forgotten :)

Can anyone get higher-res shots of the tank troopers & the running beige troopers.

9jQPeBH.png

booBVPP.jpg

Last edited:

That's great detail, thanks! I like the beige(brown) troopers somewhat samurai reference, there's more detail and color on some of the chest and shoulders than expected.
They seem to have similar un-armored legs of the ROTJ biker scouts, wonder if they'll ride a similar vehicle?
Can't tell if the tank trooper uses the same revealed beige helmet design but in white, or if that's yet a 3rd new helmet design?
dtTR0Cz.jpg

Last edited:
That's great detail, thanks! I like the beige(brown) troopers somewhat samurai reference, there's more detail and color on some of the chest and shoulders than expected.
They seem to have similar un-armored legs of the ROTJ biker scouts, wonder if they'll ride a similar vehicle?
Can't tell if the tank trooper uses the same revealed beige helmet design but in white, or if that's yet a 3rd new helmet design?
dtTR0Cz.jpg

That tank trooper looks like another new design. It flares out towards the bottom more than the biker scout influenced one. If you look at the center part (nose part) it's smooth... actually almost more like a TFA snow or flamethrower trooper.

A bit about Mads Mikkelson's character revealed. [BLACKOUT]He's Jyn's father.[/BLACKOUT]

Meh everyone knows Rey was conceived by midichlorians. :o

Once again, MSW proves their reliability.

How much longer am I gonna have to wait to hear that Jar Jar Binks is in this damn thing? :csad:

I'm imagining him saying "Meesa called Jar Jar Binks" in his Hannibal voice. I'm only mildly aroused.

Maybe too reliable?

I doubt LFL is working with them like that. Looking at the history of Jason, where the site came from I doubt it. JJ wanted nothing leaked and yet they leaked the whole story early on. I truly doubt they are being fed this by LFL.

I doubt LFL is working with them like that. Looking at the history of Jason, where the site came from I doubt it. JJ wanted nothing leaked and yet they leaked the whole story early on. I truly doubt they are being fed this by LFL.

I don't think they are. I just meant that if you want to avoid spoilers you should steer clear of MSW. It seems most of the time their scoops turn out to be true.

I don't think they are. I just meant that if you want to avoid spoilers you should steer clear of MSW. It seems most of the time their scoops turn out to be true.

Ah, yeah they are usually good at telling you to stay away on their site. They don't usually put the spoilers in their headlines.

Given that Jyn has apparently been "on her own" from 15, then I'm guessing that they likely won't have the warmest/closest/smoothest relationship in this film. And it's not like "daddy issues" haven't been a REALLY common narrative device in SW films before. So that being the case here as well wouldn't be at all surprising.

I hope that the rumors about him end up being true. An Imperial who helped to create a WMD essentially, but then had major regrets/remorse about it and is trying to "make things right" now. That'd be so much more interesting than him just essentially being Jyn's version of Vader (evil dad trying to turn his daughter to evil).

Just a thought but if what we've heard is true so far...
What if Jyn's father was picked up by the Empire and his family disappeared to insure his loyalty?

If Jyn was a typical teenager maybe she wasn't at home the night the Empire came to pick them up and ended up on the run possibly blamed for whatever they did.

So lets assume Jyn's father thinks the Empire has his wife and daughter so the Rebels have no means to get any help from him, that is until they discover Jyn.

I'm guessing the rebels don't take no when they recruit her so she's an unwilling participant in their operation to make full use of that chink in her father's armour.

The real question is whether the Empire tries to turn her against her fellow rebels because of how they recruited her, but once she meets her father and learns the truth maybe she's how the operation succeeds but not without a heck of a lot of danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"