Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been absent from the Star Wars boards for awhile. What's the general vibe here about the Rogue One trailer? I found it immensely disappointing and... well, boring.

The lead character is incredibly uninteresting. She seems like a Hunger Games knock-off, and every line she had in the trailer was spoken in a bored or depressed tone. She also had only one facial expression throughout the whole trailer.

The supporting cast also seems uninteresting, and I found that the cinematography was odd - the excessive blurring of the background feels like something you see in cheap fan-made films, not in a theatre.

I'm hoping subsequent trailers are more promising.

It all looks awesome IMHO

I can't imagine Katniss pulling off the "I rebel" line. That's too much sass for her.

So I've been absent from the Star Wars boards for awhile. What's the general vibe here about the Rogue One trailer? I found it immensely disappointing and... well, boring.

The lead character is incredibly uninteresting. She seems like a Hunger Games knock-off, and every line she had in the trailer was spoken in a bored or depressed tone. She also had only one facial expression throughout the whole trailer.

The supporting cast also seems uninteresting, and I found that the cinematography was odd - the excessive blurring of the background feels like something you see in cheap fan-made films, not in a theatre.

I'm hoping subsequent trailers are more promising.

But that cape! :oldrazz:

Star Wars Celebration Europe to feature Rogue One panel - http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...on-europe-to-feature-rogue-one-panel#/slide/1
Star Wars Celebration Europe to feature Rogue One panel
Lucasfilm has officially announced one of the first panels for the upcoming Star Wars Celebration Europe with a discussion about the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Director Gareth Edwards and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, along with “some special guests,” will kick off the panel on Friday July 15.

Do these events tend to feature new trailers?
Or just discusion?

Maybe new images(poster?) or some character names?

Last edited:
New images from Rogue One's Visual Guide:

ZZ51CBA145.jpg

ZZ0424C5AC.jpg

ZZ1B815F9D.jpg

ZZ0CB640B4.jpg

ZZ35BF6AEE.jpg

ZZ08F2EDA0.jpg

Last edited:
Laaaawwwd yes. All looks great. Cool sign that they're not going to be hiding Vader too much.

Laaaawwwd yes. All looks great. Cool sign that they're not going to be hiding Vader too much.
LOL! So true ... If there was any doubt about his presence in the film.
ZZ51CBA145.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing about it is that there is a LOT of placeholders. Outside the names and the new ships, not much to really get.

I do like the new ships, though.

Very nice! No info on Forest Whitaker though?

The only thing about it is that there is a LOT of placeholders. Outside the names and the new ships, not much to really get.

I do like the new ships, though.
Placeholders?:huh:

Very nice! No info on Forest Whitaker though?
Yeah Whitaker and Mikkelsen's charters, two of the biggest actors, I really want to hear their character names and some details.
Mikkelsen we've gotten some confirmed heavy spoiler details, yet still no name.
Whitaker's recluse mercenary, although prominent in the trailer, we know next to nothing.

Very exiting!

Last edited:
Great pics! But there's a few more of them.

Rogue-One-02.jpg

Rogue-One-05.jpg

Rogue-One-06.jpg

Rogue-One-07.jpg

Rogue-One-08.jpg

Man, this is such a beautiful picture. Whoever painted this, hire him/her to make the official poster too. Please no more photoshop.

Took you all long enough to post this stuff. :o

That art piece with Vader, I'd love for that to be an official poster or something. I just want it framed and on my wall. Badly. That's one thing with TFA I didn't really fully mind the poster we got, but wish they would've kept with the Struzan posters.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/17/marvel-cancels-star-wars-rogue-one-series-before-publication/
ComicBook.com have noticed that the planned Rogue One prequel comic, a three part series and a one shot, has been cancelled by Marvel before it could be published.

They cite that all bookstore orders for the collection have been canceled by retailers, including Amazon.

Marvel had problems with the Force Awakens-continuity C-3PO Special that explained how the character came by his new red arm in the recent Star Wars movie. It was delayed by months, then months again, waiting for Lucasfilm – specifically JJ Abrams – to sign it off.

I would expect that a similar issue has affected this comic book, with the right person at Lucasfilm unable of unwilling to sign the comic off. And a later publication may not suit the comic. So it has ceased to be.

Cue the Dead AT-AT sketch.

Well that's disappointing, if true.

Most of the text on those pages are placeholders, they just repeat the same paragraph.

Oh ok, they also have a banner across it saying Not Final.
So yeah these were not meant for release yet.
Looks like several sites have been asked to pull it, from their main news feed.
It's a shame they couldn't control this and release this info on their own terms, (especially establishing the prominence of Vader) the new ship, new aliens, and even some names, are small details, but may lose all impact of seeing it in the trailer or on screen.
Which then leads to fan self induced apathy and whining - I already knew this I'm bored show me something different - LOL!
They can't win.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/17/marvel-cancels-star-wars-rogue-one-series-before-publication/

ComicBook.com have noticed that the planned Rogue One prequel comic, a three part series and a one shot, has been cancelled by Marvel before it could be published.

They cite that all bookstore orders for the collection have been canceled by retailers, including Amazon.

Marvel had problems with the Force Awakens-continuity C-3PO Special that explained how the character came by his new red arm in the recent Star Wars movie. It was delayed by months, then months again, waiting for Lucasfilm – specifically JJ Abrams – to sign it off.

I would expect that a similar issue has affected this comic book, with the right person at Lucasfilm unable of unwilling to sign the comic off. And a later publication may not suit the comic. So it has ceased to be.

Cue the Dead AT-AT sketch.

Well that's disappointing, if true.

Could this also be due to the Mads Mikkelsen story reveal being spoiled , maybe they found a way to change direction, so now the pre-stories Marvel once planed don't match up anymore.

Or someone just noticed what Marvel had planed actually contradicted continuity so it was all scraped. LOL!

Last edited:
I didn't know where to place this but...Here is a funny and weird anecdote about what George Lucas thinks of himself as a filmmaker, from JW Rinzler, author of the 'The Making of Star Wars' book series:

"One of the first things George said to me when I interviewed him on Episode III was, ‘You know, I’m not a director, I’m not a film director.’ I was thinking ‘What? What is he talking about?’. He says, ‘Steven Spielberg, he’s a director. He says put the camera here, lay down the dolly track, and so on. I’m out there collecting footage.’ He’s collecting material, which he then works on in the editing room. For him, the whole process is very painful, up until he gets to editorial…I think that’s the part, relatively speaking, he enjoys the most."

You can read the rest here:
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...uthor-j-w-rinzler.html?uthor-j-w-rinzler_html

He shoulda got that guy who made Robocop 2. Frank Miller.

He couldn't, Frank was on his way to getting Marquand'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"