The Rise of Skywalker General Star Wars Episode IX News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

This thread is to discuss all things Star Wars Episode IX! (name to be determined)

Interesting.

I hope Matt Smith takes more awful promotional photos.

ETIaoqF.jpg

Hes got smarmy First Order officer written all over him.

With respect to the speculation in the last part of this thread as to Matt Smith's role, I hope they don't waste him on a mo-cap character. He has such a wonderfully weird mug and is such a gifted physical actor, that I would love to see him play an old-fashioned alien character in practical prosthetics.

With respect to the speculation in the last part of this thread as to Matt Smith's role, I hope they don't waste him on a mo-cap character. He has such a wonderfully weird mug and is such a gifted physical actor, that I would love to see him play an old-fashioned alien character in practical prosthetics.

I'll allow it.

Closerframe said:
Please do not let this be another Del Toro situation.
His character was a horrible person, but in the end I find he was the only one I respected in that entire film. Everyone else really sucked in that movie.
PlasticShowyCockerspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Hopefully Abrams can make me care about the main cast again.

Last edited:
........... anyway.

Matt Smith, my second favorite Doctor, is such an Imperial Officer. Though I would not say no to him being a Knight of Ren.

JJ is the king of casting in the new Star Wars. :woot:

I wish Del Toro would come back just to close out the character, though I'm sure Finn would kill him if he ever saw him again.

Can't wait to see what they do with Matt Smith!

Matt Smith has been cast in this? Wow, I totally missed that. Awesome!!

I wish Del Toro would come back just to close out the character, though I'm sure Finn would kill him if he ever saw him again.

Can't wait to see what they do with Matt Smith!
Why?

Not a fan of Smith as an actor at all, but whatever. He'd be more than fine as your generic space-Nazi Hux type.

I heard he's playing Rey's mum.

What are you basing that on?

As for Smith, never cared for him. So I hope hes not anyone too important. I definitely hope he isn't a Knight of Ren. I want them to be genuinely intimidating. To make up for Adam Driver being entirely unintimidating.

The better question is why wouldnt he? Finn isn't a Jedi, and he is already a most wanted criminal. It's not like he is going to go dark side or be in even more trouble with the law if he puts DJ in a ditch where he belongs.

Last edited:
The better question is why wouldnt he? Finn isn't a Jedi, and he is already a most wanted criminal. It's not like he is going to go dark side or be in even more trouble with the law if he puts DJ in a ditch where he belongs.
Well I feel like that is fairly obvious since his first scene in the series...

Q0mbMhC.gif

nqR4whZ.gif

YPZ1OqZ.gif

Finn is a good man, a member of the Resistance, who isn't a cold blooded murder. He will kill someone in battle and/or to protect people, but to just straight up murder someone? Where the heck do you get the idea he'd do that?

Because DJ sold out Finn and Rose to the First Order to save his own hide, and told the First Order about the Resistance escaping, enabling the FO to find them and blow up a lot of Finn's friends. Finn and Rose were almost executed because DJ ratted them out. Finn's not going to forgive that.

So happy Matt Smith cast, my favourite Doctor and one of my fave actors in SW, awesome stuff.

Because DJ sold out Finn and Rose to the First Order to save his own hide, and told the First Order about the Resistance escaping, enabling the FO to find them and blow up a lot of Finn's friends. Finn and Rose were almost executed because DJ ratted them out. Finn's not going to forgive that.

His purpose in the story was simply to be the devil on Finns shoulder, to contrast Roses angel. Finn made his choice, so DJ's story is done. If he and Finn meet again, I think it'll be in a comic or novel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"