The Rise of Skywalker General Star Wars Episode IX News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

So luke could sense that vader was his father and leia his sister but not rey his daughter? Doesn't work for me.
I mean that’s what I would have wanted ignoring any continuity traps that they’ve set themselves (which I don’t really care about). I enjoy the new films but I’m not as invested in anything that’s been set in them and don’t mind them doubling back on things like that that shouldn’t make sense. For eg with Kylo Ren’s helmet I hope they have a good reason for him wearing it again. But even if there is no reason other than he just fancied it one day, I’ll still be cool with it. :cwink:

I mean that’s what I would have wanted ignoring any continuity traps that they’ve set themselves (which I don’t really care about). I enjoy the new films but I’m not as invested in anything that’s been set in them and don’t mind them doubling back on things like that that shouldn’t make sense. For eg with Kylo Ren’s helmet I hope they have a good reason for him wearing it again. But even if there is no reason other than he just fancied it one day, I’ll still be cool with it. :cwink:

That's fair enough.

For me I doubt they will be able to come up with anything better than just making her a descendant of Luke or Leia. The episodes films are the Skywalker story at heart. And I would have liked Kylo and Rey as opposing cousins.
this would have been the simplest and most obvious way to do it. if not siblings, then cousins.

plus, it would have fit the "theme" of the prior trilogies, which have been about the struggle between Light and Dark in the Skywalker family.

In the PT, the struggle was within Anakin himself.

In the OT, the struggle was between Anakin and his kids ( mainly Luke ).

So, a natural direction to take the the ST would be to have the struggle happen between members of the next generation of Skywalkers/Solos, who would be either siblings or cousins. IOW, the Jaina/Jacen formula from the EU.

guess that would have been too obvious and simple for them.......

Jason Ward has said he's heard
That 2 words are being thrown around involving big plot points in the movie, Those 2 being resurrection and sacrifice. He doesn't know much else, i don't think at the moment. He also mentioned the knights of ren do a ritualistic dance as Kylos mask is being repaired.

Major info on Kylo Ren from MSW

Direct quote, or hopefully direct. If there are any edits to make, please let me know. PLEASE READ ALL THE WORDS. Keep in mind that Jason has said before that if it's in a podcast, he's still piecing it together. Keep calm and carry on. "I've heard a couple of things. Interesting things. I think, right now ... I think Kylo kind of dies. But there's a twist to that, and I don't think it's forever. I think Rey does something, and it takes Kylo out, but I don't know if it's bad for Kylo or good. If it's part of his plan, or not." "That's something we always go back and forth on--" "Yeah, what Kylo's plan is." They then go on to talk about something Jason has said before, which it is his firm opinion that when Han and Kylo are on the bridge, Han knows Kylo will kill him or at least understands. I believe this is tied into Jason's speculating in previous podcasts that Kylo's ultimate plan/motivations for turning will be revealed. (I should also state that this podcast is available to higher tier Patreon subscribers. Obviously not everyone can afford it, but I would say the easiest way to get information directly is by subscribing. The ONLY reason I am posting this here is to avoid the game of telephone that will inevitably come from this.)

To redeem or not to redeem? That is the question.

If Anakin can be redeemed so can Ben Solo.

To redeem or not to redeem? That is the question.

If Anakin can be redeemed so can Ben Solo.
i think his redemption will come in the form of a resurrection from death in some way. I predict it's going to involve palpatine and possibly even Luke as well, but we'll see. I know Jason ward said it's possible luke gets resurrected but there's not much substance to back that claim up according to him. That's mainly speculation on his part

interesting stuff about Kylo. but that better not be what the Title is referring to.

Kylo, imo, just has not been built up to be that interesting of an anti-hero.

Regarding the fate of Kylo rumour, I would love to read a comic series where Ben’s in exile in the Outer Rim, protecting innocent people’s, and trying to atone for his past deeds. Maybe even a live-action series.

Major spoilers here

Spoilers: Palpatine’s return isn’t the only huge character comeback in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!

Last edited:
Regarding the fate of Kylo rumour, I would love to read a comic series where Ben’s in exile in the Outer Rim, protecting innocent people’s, and trying to atone for his past deeds. Maybe even a live-action series.

Ezra and Ben crossing paths, would be holy.

Maybe. But as long as he is redeemed the Skywalker legacy is spared.

The Legacy is already spared. Ben is a Solo and goes by the name of Kylo Ren. Luke's last act in TLJ cemented his and the Skywalker legacy as we saw in the final scene of TLJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"