The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there have been quiet a bit of fans over the years who have claimed their childhood was raped by Lucas and have issued not just threats of violence towards the maker, but also towards his daughter. They're just movies people, yeesh. :loco:
I have never seen this, but I will definitely take your word for it. God, that sucks so much.

tumblr_nwwnympYj01uqk17ro1_1280.png

I have never seen this, but I will definitely take your word for it. God, that sucks so much.
Katie Lucas ended up deactivating her Twitter account in 2011 because of the insults and threats she was receiving in the name of her father over the Blu-ray release of the saga. It was pretty nasty.

But hey, let's not let different groups of the fandom get us down. Let's look towards the future with the new film just over the horizon. I can't wait. :D

Hollywood Reporter interviews with John Boyega and Daisy Ridley

[YT]/lhPUc9UgRyk[/YT]
[YT]/JRxtTFXcms4[/YT]
Pretty cool that Robert Downey Junior is a mentor for John and offering him advice about the film industry.

John and Daisy have great chemistry. I feel like their characters will be close friends as the franchise develops.

That's how Fox News operates.

They don't know what they are talking about but as usual that doesn't stop them discussing something.

I know plenty of awesome Star Wars fans. Solidus, Snow Queen, Hunter Rider, Gianakin, Wheels, Broseph44, ThePhantasm, X Knight, and Marvolo are more or less regulars here.

So the fact that I am not a regular poster here means I'm not a Star Wars fan? I am pretty sure there are many fans here, who don't post regularly. Been following everything SW related since I was a child.

DS was talking about posters he knows and likes that are SW fans.

So the fact that I am not a regular poster here means I'm not a Star Wars fan? I am pretty sure there are many fans here, who don't post regularly. Been following everything SW related since I was a child.
Is that how you really took that? Did you miss the rest of the post or are you playing?

DS was talking about posters he knows and likes that are SW fans.
Exactly. Those that I have spent a lot of time talking about Star Wars here, especially over the last two 18 months waiting for TFA. I wanted to make it clear I am not down on Star Wars fans as a whole and have had very good experiences right here.

You are right, sorry then. Maybe I am a bit jealous, since I don't have enough time to post regularly here and get involved in active discussions. But I also can't wait for TFA, have my tickets booked for 2 screenings already, have SW posters at home, have watched every episode numerous times, played every single SW game and buying SW: Battlefront when it comes out, and have books and childhood toys at home as well.

You are right, sorry then. Maybe I am a bit jealous, since I don't have enough time to post regularly here and get involved in active discussions. But I also can't wait for TFA, have my tickets booked for 2 screenings already, have SW posters at home, have watched every episode numerous times, played every single SW game and buying SW: Battlefront when it comes out, and have books and childhood toys at home as well.
That is understandable. Hopefully you have some time to enjoy the build and up and post your thoughts on Battlefront and TFA. :yay:

Having played all the Star Wars games, what would you say your favorites are?

Also, you have tickets? That means:

tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

F**k BFI IMAX for only having 3D showings. That is all.

Not just Mara Jade fans. The people who are still ******** about Disney doing away with the old EU are going to make sure they let everyone know just how much they think TFA isn't canon. I've already encountered that stupidity. "The saga ended at 6!" "The new EU isn't canon!" Waaaaaaaa!!! Sorry but it didn't and it is.

Here's what I don't get about this viewpoint: Most of the EU wasn't G-canon anyway, the only EU stuff that was important to George was the stuff he put in films and The Clone Wars, The vast majority of the EU was never part of the Star Wars timeline.

Well, up till then it there wasn't anything to contradict it. GL wouldn't recognize most stuff as canon, but those of us who followed it had no alternative. So, if George said, "Oh, Chewie doesn't really die in Vector Prime"... it didn't matter.

If it makes any sense.

F**k Greece for not having even a LIEMAX, too.

Here's what I don't get about this viewpoint: Most of the EU wasn't G-canon anyway, the only EU stuff that was important to George was the stuff he put in films and The Clone Wars, The vast majority of the EU was never part of the Star Wars timeline.
I'll say this. The problem was that Lucas was too wishy washy about it at times, and that probably was because he was making good money off the EU. Probably realized he should not be so hard on it as he was at times. That levels of canon existed sort of attest to that.

But yeah, if you are going to play the "real fan" card, you should have known what was true canon, and what wasn't.

Well, up till then it there wasn't anything to contradict it. GL wouldn't recognize most stuff as canon, but those of us who followed it had no alternative. So, if George said, "Oh, Chewie doesn't really die in Vector Prime"... it didn't matter.

If it makes any sense.
I didn't react well at first too the tossing of the canon because of this. Especially as I was really into the comics when it was announced. Little did I know that some of my favorite Star Wars material was right around the corner. :awesome:

If it makes any sense.

Yeah, I suppose. I just don't see the big deal about Disney wiping the slate clean and actually fully embracing other content outside of film and TV, which wasn't done before.

Well, if you're asking me, I was kinda bummed out cos I've been an EU collector for years and now all that's out the window (plus, I loved the NJO saga). But I'm over it, as I've decided I'll get all the new stuff electronically.

Yeah, I suppose. I just don't see the big deal about Disney wiping the slate clean and actually fully embracing other content outside of film and TV, which wasn't done before.
I definitely think there is a new weight to at least the comics imo. I haven't really got into the novels, but the comics feel like they are legit Star Wars for me, and it has been a real joy. Especially Star Wars and Darth Vader.

I didn't react well at first too the tossing of the canon because of this. Especially as I was really into the comics when it was announced. Little did I know that some of my favorite Star Wars material was right around the corner. :awesome:

Eh, the EU had taken such a crappy turn that I really don't mind. Also, the best Eu was the PT-related stuff. Lucas was more hands-on, so we didn't get post-RotJ atrocities like The Crystal Star or the Legacy of the Force series.

...come to think of it, the PT-related EU is officially tossed, but nothing's been written to directly contradict it. Huh.

I definitely think there is a new weight to at least the comics imo. I haven't really got into the novels, but the comics feel like they are legit Star Wars for me, and it has been a real joy. Especially Star Wars and Darth Vader.

The quality of the novels varies, but the comics, being clean slate, are REALLY good. I was really tired of the old EU comics, especially the non-PT ones.

Eh, the EU had taken such a crappy turn that I really don't mind. Also, the best Eu was the PT-related stuff. Lucas was more hands-on, so we didn't get post-RotJ atrocities like The Crystal Star or the Legacy of the Force series.

...come to think of it, the PT-related EU is officially tossed, but nothing's been written to directly contradict it. Huh.
Oh, I agree. The books were absolutely horrible after The New Jedi Order, except for some random one-offs like Shadows of Mindor. But there were a few comic series that were quite enjoyable imo and I still didn't have the heart to say goodbye to Mara.

As to the PT-EU, they will get their eventually, though I'd think some of the stuff already leaking into the new canon will probably have contradicted something in the old PT-EU.

Depends on how much Disney and Marvel will want to deal with the PT era. I think that'll happen after 2020.

To my knowledge I can't recall of something I've read that does away with the PT-EU. The pre-ANH EU, however, is another matter.

Having played all the Star Wars games, what would you say your favorites are?

Probably Republic Commando and SW:Battlefront 2.
The first Force Unleashed was also good, although it had a very bad PC port. And yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"