The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Force was the unofficial name of my left hand for more years than I wanted.

And ew, the only ones on Endor were Leia and female Ew- oh... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, he f**ked Mon Mothman, didn't he?

There were also a lot of widowed and vulnerable Ewok ladies needing some comfort too, you speciest. :o

And according to Shattered Empire, there were plenty of ladies on Endor, weren't there? Boom, made a filthy joke but then brought it back to the comics.

That's how it's done.

Ewoks took ehr jobs! And yes, the comics make it clear there were women on Endor. The movie, though...

Well, that's part of the comics I consider canon then. ;)

You're forming canon based on female presence? You're a god.

Okay, I know this is a SPOILERS thread, but I just want to post my non-spoilery thoughts on this whole "hiding Luke" thing the marketing has going on. It's curious to me, because even if Luke DOES turn to the Dark Side in this film (I don't think he does, just speculating) I don't know how simply showing the guy's face in a trailer would somehow give that away. I mean, unless there isn't a single MOMENT in the entire film where he doesn't have some evil look in his eye, I don't see the point.

So that leads me to wonder if there is some other reason they've kept his appearance almost completely concealed. Perhaps his face got mangled somehow since we've seen him last? In the one shot we do see of him, we see his robotic hand... this may be a clue because his robot hand in ROTJ looked like a normal human hand. Here, it's obviously robotic. Now, maybe the old one stopped working and he had to swap it out for a more crude model, but perhaps he has also suffered some severe physical trauma and has since become "more machine now than man" like his father. Doesn't mean he's evil; just could be sporting a more cybernetic look.

Please only respond to this if you don't absolutely know what's going to happen (and if you do, please use spoiler tags). I do my best to avoid spoilers, but I do enjoy speculation.

Okay, I know this is a SPOILERS thread, but I just want to post my non-spoilery thoughts on this whole "hiding Luke" thing the marketing has going on. It's curious to me, because even if Luke DOES turn to the Dark Side in this film (I don't think he does, just speculating) I don't know how simply showing the guy's face in a trailer would somehow give that away. I mean, unless there isn't a single MOMENT in the entire film where he doesn't have some evil look in his eye, I don't see the point.

So that leads me to wonder if there is some other reason they've kept his appearance almost completely concealed. Perhaps his face got mangled somehow since we've seen him last? In the one shot we do see of him, we see his robotic hand... this may be a clue because his robot hand in ROTJ looked like a normal human hand. Here, it's obviously robotic. Now, maybe the old one stopped working and he had to swap it out for a more crude model, but perhaps he has also suffered some severe physical trauma and has since become "more machine now than man" like his father. Doesn't mean he's evil; just could be sporting a more cybernetic look.

Please only respond to this if you don't absolutely know what's going to happen (and if you do, please use spoiler tags). I do my best to avoid spoilers, but I do enjoy speculation.

I know what happens, but don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it for you. I will say that I have found the "Darth Luke" rumors completely absurd from day one. The only rumor that even comes close to that for me in terms of absurdity is the "Kylo Ren is really Luke" one. There is a very good reason why Luke can't be shown in the trailers without spoiling things and it has nothing to do with his appearance. You'll understand when you see the film.

The 'Luke is Kylo' thing is weird and shows how people are passive and ignorant of freely available information. Even nerdy people on Facebook are into it..nerds and geeks are suppose to be people who value trivia and info which is shocking to me.

I know what happens, but don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it for you. I will say that I have found the "Darth Luke" rumors completely absurd from day one. The only rumor that even comes close to that for me in terms of absurdity is the "Kylo Ren is really Luke" one. There is a very good reason why Luke can't be shown in the trailers without spoiling things and it has nothing to do with his appearance. You'll understand when you see the film.

Cool, thanks. Sounds interesting!

And yeah, the "Kylo is Luke" rumor is so stupid. We've seen Kylo unmasked. We've heard his voice, and it's clearly Adam Driver. What more proof do people need?

Cool, thanks. Sounds interesting!

And yeah, the "Kylo is Luke" rumor is so stupid. We've seen Kylo unmasked. We've heard his voice, and it's clearly Adam Driver. What more proof do people need?

There are a lot of DUMB people out there and unfortunately, some of them are STAR WARS fans. Hell, there was one trailer reaction video where a man and woman thought Lupita said "Just Editing" at the end of the trailer instead of "Just let it in". They even went back and watched it a second time and still thought she was saying "Just Editing"(and yes, both of them clearly speak English as their first language). They then went on to moan about that taking them out of the trailer and ruining the moment. It's one of the more cringe inducing things I've seen lately.

Another dumb thing are the folks who still think that the EU is still valid in the continuity.

Lucasfilm, Vanity Fair, Entertainment Weekly and the trades have all said its dead. Yet people are oblivious to it. What makes things worst is that Lucasfilm never said that the EU was proper canon hence the creation of the alphabet canon system; plus Lucas has always been politely dismissive of the EU. And Wetland and Paublo of Lucasfilm sound like a broken record when they say that prior to the Disney buyout, anything that isn't on film or TV is not real canon unless noted.

So why are people so ignorant of that? It's all facts that sre openly available for the public, some published in huge publications.

Last edited:
There are a lot of DUMB people out there and unfortunately, some of them are STAR WARS fans. Hell, there was one trailer reaction video where a man and woman thought Lupita said "Just Editing" at the end of the trailer instead of "Just let it in". They even went back and watched it a second time and still thought she was saying "Just Editing"(and yes, both of them clearly speak English as their first language). They then went on to moan about that taking them out of the trailer and ruining the moment. It's one of the more cringe inducing things I've seen lately.

People are so impatient that they've forgotten about good storytelling. They want things now, now now and they're not aware of their immature behavior.

what?? for real??

:doh:

:pal::pal::pal::pal::pal:

I'm laughing so hard right now I have tears in my eyes. That's the funniest thing I've read all week. It sounds like a line from this trailer:

[YT]C7qCOe8WG4I[/YT]

Here is the "Just Editing" video... and after watching it again... it's even more cringe inducing:

[YT]owI6tb_G6Fc[/YT]

Last edited:
So I already told my boss i was gonna be taking off the 17th once I got my tickets. Now I am thinking about taking the 16th off too to do a marathon at home of at least the OT. Gonna have to give my boss another heads up haha.

All right, under this spoiler tag will be two quotes from George Lucas and Mark Hamill from the 1980s. Not recently. I just find them potentially interesting if they went in that direction.

George Lucas said:
The other one — what happens to Luke afterward — is much more ethereal. I have a tiny notebook full of notes on that. If I’m really ambitious, I could proceed to figure out what would have happened to Luke.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-long-winding-and-shapeshifting-trail-to-episodes-vii-viii-ix

Mark Hamill said:
In something like 2004 or something, but you see he’s being very cagey, because it’s either going to be on another plane of existence or not the same character, and I can’t really tell you why without getting into sensitive material.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/0...luke-skywalker-on-another-plane-of-existence/

Under this tag will be four recent quotes. One from Hamill. Two from Abrams. And One from Ford. A bit more spoilery, perhaps.

Mark Hamill said:
They're very kindly calling us legacy characters, which is a nice way of saying old-timers. But George I know sort of had that in his head. He later said, "Oh I was just--it was just idle chit-chat." But I remember sometime in North Africa in the first couple of weeks of production of the first Star Wars film, he said, "Hey, what would you think about coming back in Episode," I forget what it was, IX, X, XI, XII, "and you know doing a cameo and handing Excalibur down to the next new hope?" I remember saying, "When would this be?" Now mind you, this is the summer of '76. He goes, "Like 2011."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-VQiOhsNmk

J. J. Abrams said:
This idea of what’s happened in these past 30-something years. Where is Han Solo? What happened to Leia? Is Luke alive? These questions started to percolate, and I found myself thrown completely by this visceral hunger to be part of this world.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover

"No Luke! Where's Luke?! What happened...?!"

Q: What does that mean?

JA: These are good questions to be asking. I can't wait for you to find out the answer.

Q: So there's a reason...

JA: It's no accident.

http://media.smh.com.au/video-enter...t-lukes-not-in-star-wars-trailer-6961039.html

In regards to why Luke Skywalker isn’t on the poster, Ford joked, “There wasn’t room.” Then, Ford added, “No, there’s a very good reason. I can’t tell you.”

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/30/harrison-ford-says-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-really-really-/

Last edited:
I know plenty of awesome Star Wars fans. Solidus, Snow Queen, Hunter Rider, Gianakin, Wheels, Broseph44, ThePhantasm, X Knight, and Marvolo are more or less regulars here. All of them have different views on Star Wars, and what they enjoy. As we get closer to release, posters StarLord, Asteroid-Man, DKDetective, Doctor Jones, Tacit Ronin and others are spending more time here, making this place all the more enjoyable. Hopefully you are included in that.

But as with all fanbases, you have the crazies who embarrass the heck out of ya. They are like that uncle who can't help but get drunk at the family BBQ and starts hitting on his teenage niece.

:woot:

Depends on how much Disney and Marvel will want to deal with the PT era. I think that'll happen after 2020.

To my knowledge I can't recall of something I've read that does away with the PT-EU. The pre-ANH EU, however, is another matter.

They're going to be doing some PT-era stuff in February. :yay:

The 'Luke is Kylo' thing is weird and shows how people are passive and ignorant of freely available information. Even nerdy people on Facebook are into it..nerds and geeks are suppose to be people who value trivia and info which is shocking to me.

Kylo%2BRen%2BVF.jpg

Damn, this car accident must have been pretty severe.

Here is the "Just Editing" video... and after watching it again... it's even more cringe inducing:

[YT]owI6tb_G6Fc[/YT]

I hope we get some solid games in this new continuity. I've been itching for a good Star Wars game recently and I'm not a big shooter person so I'm passing on Battlefront. A nice long narrative one though would be a day one purchase.

Last edited:
I know plenty of awesome Star Wars fans. Solidus, Snow Queen, Hunter Rider, Gianakin, Wheels, Broseph44, ThePhantasm, X Knight, and Marvolo are more or less regulars here. All of them have different views on Star Wars, and what they enjoy. As we get closer to release, posters StarLord, Asteroid-Man, DKDetective, Doctor Jones, Tacit Ronin and others are spending more time here, making this place all the more enjoyable. Hopefully you are included in that.

But as with all fanbases, you have the crazies who embarrass the heck out of ya. They are like that uncle who can't help but get drunk at the family BBQ and starts hitting on his teenage niece.

Thank you sir :cwink:

you mentioned me!! :woot:

:highfive:

:woot:

They're going to be doing some PT-era stuff in February. :yay:

Kylo%2BRen%2BVF.jpg

Damn, this car accident must have been pretty severe.

I hope we get some solid games in this new continuity. I've been itching for a good Star Wars game recently and I'm not a big shooter person so I'm passing on Battlefront. A nice long narrative one though would be a day one purchase.

Bioware SW RPG........Bioware SW RPG.........Bioware SW RPG.......Bioware SW RPG.........

All right, under this spoiler tag will be two quotes from George Lucas and Mark Hamill from the 1980s. Not recently. I just find them potentially interesting if they went in that direction.

Under this tag will be four recent quotes. One from Hamill. Two from Abrams. And One from Ford. A bit more spoilery, perhaps.

Interesting stuff, thanks!

Thanks, I'm glad to be included dude! It's like..a family here and I wanna say...From the bottom of my heart I just wanna say that I'm glad to be a memb...(Re-reads post)...

Oh..ohhhh.....ohhhhhh!

Never mind. :( Woe is me (dies).

Last edited:

big-eyes-puss-in-boots-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"