The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - - - - Part 53

I will probably get it if it's affordable. I haven't bought the blu ray yet.

Darn it, well I'm sure we will get it sometime soon. I wonder if they fear it has some info that would hint too much to VIII/IX?

Goddammit. I literally checked up on it on my Amazon pre-orders last night, just to see if it was still there (it is) and had a cover yet (it doesn't). I'm so looking forward to this book.

Darn it, well I'm sure we will get it sometime soon. I wonder if they fear it has some info that would hint too much to VIII/IX?

I think that, plus some sensitivity around the Lucas involvement/development, perhaps.

If they end up releasing these books when the ST has all wrapped up... I mean, I guess I could live with it, if it means getting a better product and full, uncensored account of everything that happened... But man, hell of a wait.

Yeah, it will be worth it though.

Is there any images or concept art featuring Republic military uniforms and warships from TFA?

When the Hosnian systems is destroyed there are ships in orbit of the planets. I'm just curious about the differences and similarities to the Resistance costumes and how much detail was given to the ships with are so small on screen.

I kind of want to know Mark Hamill's reaction when he realized he doesn't get a single single line of dialogue.

You could tell when he talked about it at Celebration that he was a little annoyed. From what it sounded, they didn't really prepare him for that revelation. It seems they sprung it on him. IMHO, not a great way to honor one of the franchise's veterans. They should've done it like this:

"OK Mark here is the deal. The script is going through some changes. We are going to set it up that Luke is missing and has gone into self-imposed exile. You will be a part of the greater story, but due to this, we are holding your reveal until the very end, and we will build up to your return. So in the next movie, you will be fully back into the fold. We can understand this is a little weird, but we just want you to know we fully plan on making Luke Skywalker a major character again and using you a lot more in the other movies."

For ****'s sake. One thing I am looking forward to is when this trilogy is over Disney won't be so guarded with Luke and the First Order and behind the scenes stuff.

Well I think I saw something Mag posted a while back from December with Kathy, it seems maybe more of Lucas's treatments were used, but in a different way. Where some of the things that were in VII originally may have been pushed back to VIII and IX.

So though I want to read this book so bad, I understand not wanting to spoil or possibly hint towards a lot prior. Because it would hit the internet a year before VIII is even out.

I kind of want to know Mark Hamill's reaction when he realized he doesn't get a single single line of dialogue.

You could tell when he talked about it at Celebration that he was a little annoyed. From what it sounded, they didn't really prepare him for that revelation. It seems they sprung it on him. IMHO, not a great way to honor one of the franchise's veterans. They should've done it like this:

"OK Mark here is the deal. The script is going through some changes. We are going to set it up that Luke is missing and has gone into self-imposed exile. You will be a part of the greater story, but due to this, we are holding your reveal until the very end, and we will build up to your return. So in the next movie, you will be fully back into the fold. We can understand this is a little weird, but we just want you to know we fully plan on making Luke Skywalker a major character again and using you a lot more in the other movies."

I'm sure his massive paycheck did not make him too upset. Honestly though I can't see it any other way. It felt beyond right to have Luke "earned" at the end of the film. Not just throwing him in there from the get go.

I truly don't think it upset him, because he still was talked about quite a bit. I think he seems happy with how things are.

I'm sure his massive paycheck did not make him too upset. Honestly though I can't see it any other way. It felt beyond right to have Luke "earned" at the end of the film. Not just throwing him in there from the get go.

I truly don't think it upset him, because he still was talked about quite a bit. I think he seems happy with how things are.

Maybe he's not hurting for money and some things matter more than money to him?

You truly don't think that, but exhibit A.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/16/why-mark-hamill-didnt-want-to-return-as-luke

He also revealed that Mark Hamill was initially resistant to return as Luke Skywalker when he realised that his role would be limited to just the final scene. “We knew that getting to Luke was the whole story, and I was desperate to do the next chunk that we knew would not fit into this one movie. But, we knew that we had that ending, but it was a frightening and tricky thing to do, but at first and in all honesty, Mark Hamill was a little resistant.”

“Imagine reading Star Wars, imagine being Mark Hamill and you get the script for the new Star Wars. 'Oh the opening is good, page two, oh, three and so on - what the f**k is the going on, I’m three pages before the end, the last page, what?' He was so kind to do it, and at first he was like, 'Will it seem silly, will it be a joke that he is standing there?' I said to him, ‘I don’t think it will.’ I said because the whole movie is about that, it could be a great fun drum roll, up to seeing this guy.”

It doesn't sound like he was upset. Sounds like he was only hesitant about it when he didn't know the details and the context for why Luke being missing mattered and he was worried it was going to be handled poorly. Abrams gave him the reasoning for it and reassured him so I doubt he was upset after that. Sure, he would have no doubt liked to have more screen time like any actor does, but that doesn't mean he was mad about it. Hopefully he cares more about what's best for the film.

Yeah that does not sound upset to me either.

He said at Celebration they should have "better prepared" him for that revelation.

Last edited:
Faraci says the reason the book was delayed is likely because it doesn't show Abrams to be a "strong auteur". He says he's heard Abrams' decision-making was very slow and chaotic and it started frustrating a lot of people.

Of course he said that. He is a troll when it comes to JJ.

It really is, sadly he's become more troll like as the years have gone on. Even one time he admitted to doing stories like this for Star Wars because it creates clicks.

Sadly you can tell he pulled this one directly out of his ass. "He's heard from people" Reminds me of a a certain individual running for president that always "Hears things from people". Sadly journalism is just so poor anymore. A few other sites will pick this up and run with it I'm sure.

Oh well. What is really sad though is how odd his obsession with JJ is. Like he has a real personal vendetta against the man.

It was probably delayed just because it contains things that are spoilers for VIII. Rian Johnson collaborated a little with Abrams with VII's story and they changed some things to accommodate Johnson's ideas.

It was revealed on the Star Wars show that it was Michael Arndt's idea to have Luke as a cameo and have all of the other characters searching for him. I wonder what else he came up with.

He also came up with the idea of the Starkiller Base in early March of 2013, the artbook talks about that.

He didn't seem annoyed at all and the story was intended to be funny. I doubt very much that he was really unaware he had no dialogue when the table read began.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"