The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chewie's head on a spider-robot? Sign me up. lol

Confirms a Summer 2015 release date:

Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm announced today at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters in the summer of 2015 and that every summer after that will offer a "Star Wars" film, alternating with one of the standalone films.

We knew they were targeting "Episode VII" for 2015, but a summer date had not yet been confirmed. Also, while it was known they were working on standalone films, the fact that we'll be getting a "Star Wars" movie every summer is a new development. We don't know how many standalone films they are planning on making at this time in addition to the new trilogy.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/cinemaconnews.php?id=103129

Disney took to CinemaCon today to formally confirm that STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is on track for a Summer 2015 release as they originally announced last year. But, that is not all the news. On top of getting a new trilogy of films, Disney and Lucasfilm are planning to release a brand new STAR WARS movie every summer for the foreseeable future.

According to Coming Soon, the plan is for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII to kick things off in 2015 followed by a standalone film in 2016. From there, the films will alternate between numbered episode films and standalone movies.

:wow:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-confirms-summer-2015-release-for-episode-vii-plus-a-new-star-wars-every-year-thereafter

This is probably the closest evidence to highlight that each episode will be directed by a new director.

I imagine investing $4 Billion calls for an aggressive release schedule, interesting that the next 5-6 years Disney is going to almost be exclusively focussed on Marvel/Star Wars.

This is probably the closest evidence to highlight thy each episode will be directed by a new director.
I actually think it might give them a chance to explore new territories with new directors in each of the standalone films, but retain Abrams for the episode films (for a trilogy, at least).

Eh I think either way. The OT worked fine with having different directors for each, it can add more flavor to it. I'd say I kinda hope Michael is on board for the three episodes in terms of script. Other than that just get talented directors. If JJ wants to do all three, then great! But if not there are many other capable directors. I think JJ is perfect though to start the spark again.

I imagine investing $4 Billion calls for an aggressive release schedule, interesting that the next 5-6 years Disney is going to almost be exclusively focussed on Marvel/Star Wars.

I actually think it might give them a chance to explore new territories with new directors in each of the standalone films, but retain Abrams for the episode films (for a trilogy, at least).

Even then I can't even conceive Abrams doing each Episode, every other year. Joss doesn't even have to worry about release an Avengers film every 2 years.

Even then I can't even conceive Abrams doing each Episode, every other year. Joss doesn't even have to worry about release an Avengers film every 2 years.

Agreed. To keep up with that schedule it will require different directors. So they can start Pre-production pretty much right when JJ is entering post.

Agreed. To keep up with that schedule it will require different directors. So they can start Pre-production pretty much right when JJ is entering post.

Yeah, if they kept JJ, once he's done with post with Episode 7, he would have to start on Episode 8 almost immediately. I can see JJ doing one film and move on; possibly just consult and produce the other Star Wars films for narrative cohesiveness.

Yeah, if they kept JJ, once he's done with post with Episode 7, he would have to start on Episode 8 almost immediately. I can see JJ doing one film and move on; possibly just consult and produce the other Star Wars films for narrative cohesiveness.

Agreed. I have a feeling though they will keep Arndt on for all three.

Seems a tad excessive.

If there's one thing for sure, even if each Star Wars film is a masterpiece, they won't feel as special because of the excessiveness. Keep in mind that I'm looking foward to Avengers 2 but because Marvel's aggressiveness to stay in the public's lexicon, it's hard to feel the anticipation because..i take it for granted.

If there's one thing for sure, even if each Star Wars film is a masterpiece, they won't feel as special because of the excessiveness. Keep in mind that I'm looking foward to Avengers 2 but because Marvel's aggressiveness to stay in the public's lexicon, it's hard to feel the anticipation because..i take it for granted.

To me the ST will probably (special I mean) Mainly because I've been waiting for a long time for this lol. But I could see the spin-off's being less so for me. But I understand. To me though quality is what should matter most. And I think they will get it. Kathy seems to know what to do in that regards.

Last edited:
That video is funny.

Regarding Star Wars: Reclamation I know that many people here want "The "Shade" character to be Luke sooo badly but I among others I know of IRL think it's a red herring and that there's still a very real chance that it's someone else and I just want consider all other possibilities unlike everyone else who is just taking the easy route by saying it's Luke and ending it there.

Has anyone noticed that Shade rhymes with Jade as in Mara Jade? She's fought for both sides, she would be legendary as she's a)The Emperor's Hand-->Demon who kills from the shadows I believe that's the kind of thing she would do b) Luke Skywalker's lover

Plus she always came across as a bit mysterious especially after we first meet her. By that point in time she would have very well defected to the Rebels/New Republic and that she could be leading the life of a hermit and doing the whole Robin Hood thing so she could understand what it means to be heroic and understand Luke better etc. As for the astromech droid R2-D2 does join her maybe at Luke's request.

Who really knows

Disney is pretty good with that. And after all, like their deal with Marvel, this is a partnership so Lucasfilm (with Kennedy) will play a huge role. She's a smart lady so I don't think she'll let the quality suffer.

Disney is pretty good with that. And after all, like their deal with Marvel, this is a partnership so Lucasfilm (with Kennedy) will play a huge role. She's a smart lady so I don't think she'll let the quality suffer.

Agreed, she has one of the top pedigree's in Hollywood.

I'm not. People tried to say the same with The Hobbit. JJ made STID in under 2 years. And this has been in pre-production and planning since really this summer. Ardnt had a 40 page treatment by the time they announced the deal.

Nah, it will be Summer 2015. Or winter 2015 at the latest.

It was four years in between Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.

Disney will never release Episode VII over the winter. It's summer or bust.

It was four years in between Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.

Disney will never release Episode VII over the winter. It's summer or bust.

Yes but he did Super 8 in between. After the production of Super 8 he pretty much spent 2 years on STID. And Episode VII has been in pretty much pre-production since summer when George laid it out. And Michael started working on it.

And winter....ya three of the highest grossing films of all time were in winter. That and holiday season+ merchandise would be a gold mine as well.

So what?

This isn't a Star Trek sequel. It doesn't matter if he spent two years on it or not, but obviously Star Trek 2 was in some level of pre-production before Abrams came on.

Star Trek was originally supposed to come out in winter 2008 before it got pushed back to Summer 2009.

Once again, Disney will never release the newest Star Wars movie in winter just like they won't release an Avengers movie in the winter either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"