General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Thread Manager, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

:pal:

Looks like Ford won't do Episode VII unless Chewie is not there lol. :oldrazz:

The guy in the Leia costume had me in stitches.

2. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

LOL that video is hilarious. Ford still has it!!

3. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

"Actually he... he... doesn't wear pants..."
    "I rest my case!!"

:funny:

4. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

lmao off at "wookie piece of ****"! I want that in VII somewhere. One thing I loved in abram's star trek was the jibes at Spock: "green blooded hobgoblin" "pointy eared bastard". I would like some stuff like that in VII.

5. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Also, if we ever had any doubts that he could pick the character back up again... wow. He really felt like Han Solo in that bit, even if it was an exaggerated parody.

6. Spider-Gnome

Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but theforce.net confirmed that Star Wars: Reclamation was fake.

7. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

That's a real bummer.

8. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Ya I forgot to mention in this thread, I said in the Han one. Too bad that sounded really cool. But I'm sure we will hear some stuff soon enough.

9. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I'm kinda glad to be honest, they can do better!

10. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

I'm sure they can, but there was some amazing ideas in there.

11. Doc Ock

Eh, I don't know about amazing! :p

EDIT: Which particular ideas did you like?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  12. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Just some of the characters intrigued me. Especially the idea of The Shade "Luke".

13. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Devin Faraci said there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stress on the pre-production of 'Episode 7' and that's due to the tentative summer release date. I'm in the mind that, while Star Wars is inherently a summer tentpole, this might be the ONE (and maybe only) exception and will be released during Winter 2015.

Again, this is only going by vibes that Disney Pres Bob Iger wanting Star Wars in theaters before his retirement (2015 is his last active year). After all, it's his crown jewel (among other things). It'll be the ultimate compromise.

I think that's why Disney hasn't committed to a real release date yet. Me thinks that JJ is talking to Kathleen Kennedy about the scheduling and in turn, she's the mediator between Team Lucas to Disney proper on what kind of agreement that can work upon.

14. Doc Ock

Really? I didn't like the Shade Luke idea. I figured Luke would be trying to rebuild the Jedi Order and be at the head of it.

15. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

Has the Patton Oswalt Parks and Rec thing been posted?

[YT]5BBhNkywMJY#![/YT]

[​IMG]

Ignore if old.

16. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

The video has been posted that but that fanart is just plain awesome! Thanks

17. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Ya I think in the end the right thing will be done. I could easily see a December 2015 release at least for this one. Kathy did say JJ had lots of concerns/demands especially with scheduling and they said they would work with him on that. I think people like Devin are jumping the gun a tad about how they are going to over saturate right away. I think this is definitely somewhat a pipe dream, and they will be checked by someone like Kathy sooner or later. Horn will be realistic as well with it. But I do think 2015 is going to be done, but I could see it being winter. It's such a strong season anymore and with Star Wars merchandise, it would be a whole other type of income. There would be so much bought during the Holiday seasons for kids.

I think the Spin-offs they have even said they are working to do it, but if I remember even Iger said that the main focus is the episodes right now, I would not be surprised if there is only one spin off in between all of these. Not two. But I at least know they are putting good stuff behind the Episodes so I'm not worried about those. The Spin-off's will be interesting they do have Larry with em, so that gives me confidence with that. I agree since Episode VII is the kick off one, I could see them pushing this one to December just to give it a little more time.

I really liked the idea. I don't mind the other idea either, I just hope they try to do a little different from the EU.

I've seen the awesome video, but never the awesome poster!!

18. Doc Ock

That poster is indeed very awesome! I kinda like the idea of Star Wars in Winter of 2015, Summer seems pretty crowded already, and mostly by other Disney films! Its like Bob Iger not only wants to go with a bang but completely have Disney dominate the summer season as well like never before.

19. Bim

Bim Well-Known Member

For me a december release (unless it's way before the holidays) is a bummer, cause that's a time of year i'm doing all kinds of things except go to the movies. Star Wars has been for me the perfect way to start the summer, and even though TA2 will be there, i guess i'm just greedy and would very much prefer for the tradition to continue. TA 2 and Episode VII released during the summer would be all kinds of awesome in my book :woot:

20. Doc Ock

My wallet would yell at me as I'm a massive Pixar,Pirates,Star Wars, and Marvel fan. I'm sure WB might have something lined up for Summer to!

21. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Let's not kid ourselves though, we would all be there. People did it for Avatar, Sherlock, Titanic, LOTR/The Hobbit ect. I think you could squeeze it in ;)

That and to me though the merchandise buying would be awesome, just right in time for Christmas.

22. ThePowerCosmic

World of Warcraft so far.

23. smallville fan

I'm actually glad that turned out be fake.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted to Luke being "The Shade"(although other characters like say Mara Jade, Starkiller or even Ahsoka or Kyle Katarn would have been more interesting), he's better off rebuilding the Jedi Order and being the Grandmaster of it too.

Although some parts looked pretty legitimate like the time period for example. It showed that what was going down in Reclamation kind of matched up with the EU. The show would have taken place in 19 ABY, if you look on wookiepedia, in 19 ABY, there were several peace treaties between both New Republic and the Imperial Remnant that were being negotiated between both parties. This was explored in that pitch.

24. Doc Ock

Oh pshh that! :p(Unless turns out to look good...)

25. ThePowerCosmic

Yeah, I think Warcraft has potential. WB does need to get some summer movies on the slate for 2015, though. It's going to happen eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.