The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think timing is the issue, its going to be Disney releasing a movie this big that is going to compete against it's own movie (Avengers 2) and other movies as well.

They've been working on this movie for a while. It had a treatment to build off of and they've been negotiating with potential cast members. Pretty much the entirety of Lucasfilm and everyone involved is going full-time into Episode VII. After STID, Abrams will start on it full-time as well. Everything is being laid out for this movie from the composer to even the movie art. And speaking of art, they could be already working on concept art as well. All they'll need to do is round out the cast by this year or next year and they'll be set for a 2015 release.

I'm sure they will figure it out. And ya as I said a few days ago it was confirmed that on the 16th JJ had finished STID and it's in the can. So I'm sure he will be doing some press stuff for STID, but I'm sure the majority of his focus is on Episode VII now.

On another topic I just started to play KOTOR again. As a huge gamer that is still not only my favorite Star Wars games, but one of my favorite games period. The story is so awesome in that, I'd say next to Empire and A New Hope, KOTOR had just one of the best stories and characters. That and Jeremy Soule (the composer of other greats like Elder Scrolls III-V) is seriously the Williams of the gaming world. I do love his score in that. Give me my KOTOR Trilogy Disney!!!!

I'm sure they will figure it out. And ya as I said a few days ago it was confirmed that on the 16th JJ had finished STID and it's in the can. So I'm sure he will be doing some press stuff for STID, but I'm sure the majority of his focus is on Episode VII now.

On another topic I just started to play KOTOR again. As a huge gamer that is still not only my favorite Star Wars games, but one of my favorite games period. The story is so awesome in that, I'd say next to Empire and A New Hope, KOTOR had just one of the best stories and characters. That and Jeremy Soule (the composer of other greats like Elder Scrolls III-V) is seriously the Williams of the gaming world. I do love his score in that. Give me my KOTOR Trilogy Disney!!!!

I pray everyday for this.

I pray everyday for this.

Start sacrificing animals. Because we need this some day!

At least give me another great RPG set in the Star Wars universe in the mean time that Drew Karpyshyn can once again write. He did amazing with KOTOR and TOR as well. (Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, Mass Effect 1 &2 he did as well also amazing stories/characters). Actually KOTOR back in 03 made me realize that other people could do just as well or better in the SW sandbox. It showed me that with great talent you can tell so many tales in that universe. At least give me a cameo of HK-47 in the new trilogy ;) lol.

Last edited:
Start sacrificing animals. Because we need this some day!

At least give me another great RPG set in the Star Wars universe in the mean time that Drew Karpyshyn can once again write. He did amazing with KOTOR and TOR as well. (Baldur's Gate II, Jade Empire, Mass Effect 1 &2 he did as well also amazing stories/characters). Actually KOTOR back in 03 made me realize that other people could do just as well or better in the SW sandbox. It showed me that with great talent you can tell so many tales in that universe. At least give me a cameo of HK-47 in the new trilogy ;) lol.

There must be several meatbag lines!

There must be several meatbag lines!

Agreed on both accounts. I am not a fan of online games, so I was bummed when the next title in the KOTOR series was TOR. I kept hoping for another console game, but, with the rejection of the EU, it is fair to say that we'll never see another title in that continuity.:cmad::csad::cmad::csad:

However, before I went to bed last night, I became excited, thinking that the EU could not be fully rejected, with all of the insertions of it into the revised original trilogy releases (such as Xizor at the podrace.) However, I realized the loophole: they were not officially acknowledged appearances, and could be easily dismissed.

While I understand the reasons for jettisoning the EU, I am still burning with some anger (even though the intensity has greatly reduced since the announcement.) If they declared the prequel trilogy to be non-canon, I would be behind this decision in a heartbeat.

I don't think it is the entirety of the EU that is being ejected. From what it sounds like mainly Post ROTJ stuff is being re-booted. Mainly so the writers don't have to deal with being creatively compromised by having to bend to the will of it. And no matter what a new EU will grow out of this, and maybe even a better one.

Seriously though, can we get a KOTOR trilogy instead of a ****ing Han Solo....movie.

I think they will put that down the road. I'm sure they know the fan love of that era. Though I will say the Han Solo trilogy of books was some of the best EU material out there, so it does show to me that Han is very interesting outside of the main Episodes as well. But I would want a KOTOR over anything, but I'd want it to be one of the "Episodes" not so much spin off's. Well not an Episode per se but I think you get what I mean. I'd say after JJ's trilogy go for a KOTOR one.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Episode -III

However, before I went to bed last night, I became excited, thinking that the EU could not be fully rejected, with all of the insertions of it into the revised original trilogy releases (such as Xizor at the podrace.) However, I realized the loophole: they were not officially acknowledged appearances, and could be easily dismissed.

Really? I did not know that.

Abrams doesn't like to be rushed. Star Trek was eventually pushed back to Summer 2009 instead of winter 2008.

Abrams is a big superstar now, and guys do we really want to see a rushed movie that isn't ready just to get it sooner? We've seen how that can hurt movies rushing to meet a release date when the script isn't ready.

Abrams doesn't like to be rushed. Star Trek was eventually pushed back to Summer 2009 instead of winter 2008.

Abrams is a big superstar now, and guys do we really want to see a rushed movie that isn't ready just to get it sooner? We've seen how that can hurt movies rushing to meet a release date when the script isn't ready.

That's actually not true. Star Trek 09 was completed for December 2008 and in the can in December 08. Even the supplemental stuff in the blu-ray talked about it. It was Paramount that changed the date because they wanted a May spot. The film was completed on schedule for it's original 08 date.

That and this is Lucasfilm/Disney. I'm very positive it will make the 2015 mark.

Abrams doesn't like to be rushed? Too ****ing bad. If Disney wants that movie done on a certain date, it will get done.

Anyone could be right. Again, Marvel did change their scheduling for Captain America, The Avengers, and pushed them back. Also, Ant-Man was eliminated from Phase 1 and now is a potential Phase 3 candidate.

That being said, I THINK that Episode 7 will make it's 2015 release, hell in a hand basket, but I think the spin-offs and sequels afterwards may get pushed back. I can see the first spin-off getting released in 2017 instead of 2016.

Anyone could be right. Again, Marvel did change their scheduling for Captain America, The Avengers, and pushed them back. Also, Ant-Man was eliminated from Phase 1 and now is a potential Phase 3 candidate.

That being said, I THINK that Episode 7 will make it's 2015 release, hell in a hand basket, but I think the spin-offs and sequels afterwards may get pushed back. I can see the first spin-off getting released in 2017 instead of 2016.

Agreed, the others could easily get pushed back but I think Episode VII will make 2015.

Did anyone else see the rumor over at theforce.net saying Kathleen Kennedy rumored to be in the running for the new CEO of Disney?

EDIT: Here's a link

I know she's contracted till like maybe 2015 or 2016 with Lucasfilm, so maybe by then who knows? Interesting though.

Did anyone else see the rumor over at theforce.net saying Kathleen Kennedy rumored to be in the running for the new CEO of Disney?

EDIT: Here's a link

Well that depends if things go swell for her at Lucasfilm. That also means, AGAIN, that Episode VII has to come out in 2015. And when it runs smooth till then, then I can see her nabbing the CEO spot in 2016.

I'm telling you all: 2015 is the make or break plan. It's Bob Iger's last year and he wants to see his crowning achievement while in active duty. And if the rumor is true, the results of 2015 can land Kennedy a new job as CEO.

That being said, I don't think she'll take the CEO job.

If Kennedy is in the running for Disney CEO, i think that can only benefit Star Wars in the long run. Very interesting rumor, and i guess only time will tell what happens here.

A 2015 date always seemed very fast to me, but i'd like to believe that if they chose it it was because they could make it, and already had many details about the movie defined, that we dont know about.

I think things are more advanced than we've been led to believe. If 2015 is in stone then shooting will begin some time toward the latter part of this year. IMO

I think if Kennedy were to take over it could be beneficial towards Star Wars, in terms of having quality and not over-saturating the franchise as IMO Iger seems to want to do. (I can understand Iger wants Episode VII to be his last hurrah though)

I think no matter who is in charge afterwards will not saturate SW as much as some think. I think the first 5-6 years we may get a lot, but they know that if they do too much it will hurt it's long term value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"