The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the probability of liking the PT is approximately 3720 to 1!!!!

^do you think Shatner is trying to get Harrison to put in a good word for him to get casted in the new SW movies? :oldrazz:

I'd be keen! A cameo as a goofy senator or something similar would be fun.

With the prequels, it made me go apathetic towards Star Wars. That's worse than hating, but at least hate has some emotion. I just stopped caring till Star Tours 2 arrived. It felt like the mob, pulling me back in. Then the Disney deal came in and started to care again. Then with JJ Abarms, I was back on board..

That being said, the prequels does divide people like crazy, there is a generation who do love it. I cannot deny that. They grew up with it. And in my book that's fine. No harm done. Maybe..maybe they'll wise up ;) eventually but it's all harmless. And it could be worse: I mean, they could grow up thinking that Transformers is THE saga of the decade. That would be a crime.

Last edited:
With the prequels, it made me go apathetic towards Star Wars. That's worse than hating, but at least hate has some emotion. I just stopped caring till Star Tours 2 arrived. It felt like the mob, pulling me back in. Then the Disney deal came in and started to care again. Then with JJ Abarms, I was back on board..

That being said, the prequels does divide people like crazy, there is a generation who do love it. I cannot deny that. They grew up with it. And in my book that's fine. No harm done. Maybe..maybe they'll wise up ;) eventually but it's all harmless. And it could be worse: I mean, they could grow up thinking that Transformers is THE saga of the decade. That would be a crime.

You put it better than I could. That is how I feel too.

Like your opinions right now? :oldrazz:

So you think more people like the PT then the OT? Ya gonna fully disagree with that.

And I disagree. I think the extreme of dislike is more so on the internet, or the love. Maybe more of the extremes for sure. But I think the middle of the road as I said in my post above. Most like the OT better. But again it seems the level of it is varying from person to person. And I'm sure with most it's much less than what you see in places like these. Ya and the GA is easily entertained that's for sure. But maybe more of us "Fan" types. Because we are the hardest to please, the GA much less so.

This is the way I see it. Superherohype.com currently has 39,886 members. That number represents such a small percentage of the people that go see movies or "The General Audience". People can hate all they want on the internet or yes, even love something to varying degrees. But when you compare this number to the number of tickets sold I think there's a pretty large disparity. I mean, it could be a false equivalency but it's my opinion that if you were to poll random people on the street, the hate for the PT wouldn't be a strong as most people think. I'd wager we'd get a lot of "Eh, they were ok" moreso than "OMG SO TERRIBLE DIE LUCAS DIE!" type reactions. Just my opinion on the matter.

relax everyone..just relax.

Nobody is getting heated broseph. Me and Solidus are buds.:o

This is the way I see it. Superherohype.com currently has 39,886 members. That number represents such a small percentage of the people that go see movies or "The General Audience". People can hate all they want on the internet or yes, even love something to varying degrees. But when you compare this number to the number of tickets sold I think there's a pretty large disparity. I mean, it could be a false equivalency but it's my opinion that if you were to poll random people on the street, the hate for the PT wouldn't be a strong as most people think. I'd wager we'd get a lot of "Eh, they were ok" moreso than "OMG SO TERRIBLE DIE LUCAS DIE!" type reactions. Just my opinion on the matter.

Agreed. Very much agreed. I never am trying to say the GA "hates" the PT maybe my wording is wrong with that. Just indifferent to it. Just not the same impact the OT had on the previous generations. But soon we will all get to enjoy a new generation of it.

"You were like my brother Darthphere......I loved you!!!"

Agreed. Very much agreed. I never am trying to say the GA "hates" the PT maybe my wording is wrong with that. Just indifferent to it. Just not the same impact the OT had on the previous generations. But soon we will all get to enjoy a new generation of it.

"You were like my brother Darthphere......I loved you!!!"

**** the high ground.

I've gotten many 'I liked the old ones better' from old to young. Fairly neutral but a slight bias towards to the OT. So that's nice to know.

So just because a generation grows up on something....does not mean they just have to love it. I think the test of time will show the PT to pale in comparison especially if the ST is actually successful from a film perspective.

It's good to know we have a sole representative for an entire generation. Thank God for Solidus, for knowing more than than everyone else.

It's good to know we have a sole representative for an entire generation. Thank God for Solidus, for knowing more than than everyone else.

Yes because that is what I said.:o What I said is just because a generation grows up on something does not mean an automatic love for it. Yes?

Do I know it for a fact? No. None of us do. I'm saying what I've seen, and that's really what I can base it on. So no need to be snide about it when I never said I know for a fact. But to me this is what I think. So are you the Representative for the generation and you speak for them to deny my opinion/comment? If so we should just have a lightsaber duel to settle this. Meet me at Bespin in 3 days time. :jedi

I should be the voice for an entire generation though. I'm better than everyone else. At least that's what the voice in my head keeps screaming to me. Yes? Yes voice? What's that? Oh never mind it was telling me a recipe for a good soup. :oldrazz:

Sneering condescension is pretty recognizable.

I guess we are both condescending with our comments. I am sorry for coming off as a jerk though not my intention. Maybe tonight is not my night.

Last edited:
It's not mine either. :(

If I could hug you I would. I feel the love right now.

Nah I don't hate anything really. I just really don't care for the PT. I just want the ST to start giving us news.

If I could hug you I would. I feel the love right now.

Nah I don't hate anything really. I just really don't care for the PT. I just want the ST to start giving us news.

I'm just feeling *****y and argumentative. No worries.

Ya, it is an interesting culmination now. Many fans that were disheartened by the PT now are coming back into the fold, myself included. So tensions are more so then before. However, the good news for all of us, (though it sucks about TCW) more Star Wars is on it's way. From video games, to TV shows, to movies, spin-offs. In the upcoming years none of us have to worry about a lack of this franchise.

The whole PT/OT fights won't matter soon enough. It is a dividing measure that no one can deny. But I think looking towards the future, it will unite it again. Just so many things to look forward to, from casting, to posters, to filming, to set reports, to pictures of the sets. I mean just think of the craziness. It's going to be a lot of fun I think. A drain on my wallet but fun.

Though I wish a company like Master Replica's would come back though. I'm so pissed they went out of business. I so bad wanted an E11-Blaster Rifle, and Han's blaster from ESB. I remember I was going to get them after I got Luke's lightsaber, but I decided to wait. Unless there is another company that has as good of quality. I've seen these items on some sites, but they are expensive as bad place.

I figure with the ST coming up they will try to find someone to do high quality replicas.

As for Live Action stuff I am interested if they do more, it would be cool to see some stuff post Jedi. Go into stuff with the Imperial Remnants, ect. But once JJ is done with STID which I figure will be a month from now, we are bound to hear some news, maybe casting ect.

Last edited:

Well said, sir. I know what you mean. I didn't hate the prequels, in fact I enjoyed them, especially with my kids. It just felt, for lack of a better word, "less" than the originals. I didn't leave the theater with the same sense. And before you say that's because I'm older, I still get that sense sometimes from a movie, the last being most notably The Avengers. So after all the hype of Sith, I grew a bit wary of Star Wars, but mainly because of all these arguments on the internet. It numbed me sort of to apathy. Even when I got them all on Blu-Ray, I was sort of ok, instead of YES!!!

Clone Wars has been excellent and that's why I'm mad we didn't get this last season on TV. It does feel a bit like when Disney bought Marvel and we lost Spectacular Spider-Man.

But, I do have hope with J.J.Abarams and (especially) Lawrence Kasdan aboard. I hope they do use Lucas's basic outline for the ST and then refine it (something that the prequels sort of missed out on). And I hope it is a true continuation of the story started from Episode I and not a tacked on Further Adventures Of or Star Wars:The Next Generation.

I grew up with the OT and i like the PT. So it isnt a generation thing lol. Heck, some who grew up with the PT dont like them. I think the lines are blurred at this point, and it all comes down to a matter of opinion and personal preference.

At this point i'm really, really trying my best to keep my expectations about anything new SW very low. I have no idea what they're gonna do and i dont want to set myself up for disappointment. I just hope Disney is taking this franchise in a direction i will enjoy.

I'm still bummed about CW though and i found myself wondering: could it be that Disney want to do something to directly enhance (or should i say promote?) what they have planned for the new movies in terms of a tv show, and not so much for the older movies? Which is why there will also be spinoffs to focus on those characters from the older movies that people love. They tend to the old with the spinoffs but focus more on the new with the tv show and episodes VII, VIII and IX *rubs chin deep in thought*

Though I wish a company like Master Replica's would come back though. I'm so pissed they went out of business. I so bad wanted an E11-Blaster Rifle, and Han's blaster from ESB. I remember I was going to get them after I got Luke's lightsaber, but I decided to wait. Unless there is another company that has as good of quality. I've seen these items on some sites, but they are expensive as bad place.

I figure with the ST coming up they will try to find someone to do high quality replicas.
They're the people of eFx now (http://www.efxcollectibles.com/), so who knows. I agree though, the quality of their pieces was amazing. I'm quite proud of my Master Replica lightsabers and minis :D. Now i'm reminded of the one that got away: The weathered ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber :(

Last edited:
Well said, sir. I know what you mean. I didn't hate the prequels, in fact I enjoyed them, especially with my kids. It just felt, for lack of a better word, "less" than the originals. I didn't leave the theater with the same sense. And before you say that's because I'm older, I still get that sense sometimes from a movie, the last being most notably The Avengers. So after all the hype of Sith, I grew a bit wary of Star Wars, but mainly because of all these arguments on the internet. It numbed me sort of to apathy. Even when I got them all on Blu-Ray, I was sort of ok, instead of YES!!!

Clone Wars has been excellent and that's why I'm mad we didn't get this last season on TV. It does feel a bit like when Disney bought Marvel and we lost Spectacular Spider-Man.

But, I do have hope with J.J.Abarams and (especially) Lawrence Kasdan aboard. I hope they do use Lucas's basic outline for the ST and then refine it (something that the prequels sort of missed out on). And I hope it is a true continuation of the story started from Episode I and not a tacked on Further Adventures Of or Star Wars:The Next Generation.

I heavily doubt it will feel tacked on. Even if they stray from it what matters is they have a good story. And of course they will stay true to the films, that has never worried me for a second. They know cannon is very important with this. They've learned that with Marvel I'm sure.

Michael Ardt is one of the best screen writers, I have no worries what so ever, the care he took with Toy Story 3 was perfect. And he is a massive Wars fans as well.

I grew up with the OT and i like the PT. So it isnt a generation thing lol. Heck, some who grew up with the PT dont like them. I think the lines are blurred at this point, and it all comes down to a matter of opinion and personal preference.

At this point i'm really, really trying my best to keep my expectations about anything new SW very low. I have no idea what they're gonna do and i dont want to set myself up for disappointment. I just hope Disney is taking this franchise in a direction i will enjoy.

I'm still bummed about CW though and i found myself wondering: could it be that Disney want to do something to directly enhance (or should i say promote?) what they have planned for the new movies in terms of a tv show, and not so much for the older movies? Which is why there will also be spinoffs to focus on those characters from the older movies that people love. They tend to the old with the spinoffs but focus more on the new with the tv show and episodes VII, VIII and IX *rubs chin deep in thought*

They're the people of eFx now (http://www.efxcollectibles.com/), so who knows. I agree though, the quality of their pieces was amazing. I'm quite proud of my Master Replica lightsabers and minis :D. Now i'm reminded of the one that got away: The weathered ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber :(

I really have no worries with JJ/Ardt and the new team, they are such fans and professional film makers they know what is at stake, again I think what JJ did with Trek and Ardt did with Toy Story 3 makes me feel safe. Call it The Force lol but I have a "good" feeling about this, very good.

As for TCW it sucks especially since I just got into it and it won't really have an ending. But many I do hope as you said they maybe do a show that....leads into Episode VII to build the hype/story of between Jedi and Ep VII? Or at least afterwards I keep thinking of what they could do with a live action series. I would love something done along the lines of Game of Thrones in terms of quality. Just get 10 episodes per season but have them be a spectacle. Or will it be a new animated show to ramp up? I'm sure there is good reason and they are getting ready for something big. It will be interesting.

As for Master Replica's, so that is their new company? I hope they expand their product line as the Wars hype starts to build again. Cool stuff in there, but man I so badly want some blasters, I have lightsabers now I really want to get some awesome blasters. But thank you for the site link I will keep a close eye on them for sure.

As for TCW it sucks especially since I just got into it and it won't really have an ending. But many I do hope as you said they maybe do a show that....leads into Episode VII to build the hype/story of between Jedi and Ep VII? Or at least afterwards I keep thinking of what they could do with a live action series. I would love something done along the lines of Game of Thrones in terms of quality. Just get 10 episodes per season but have them be a spectacle. Or will it be a new animated show to ramp up? I'm sure there is good reason and they are getting ready for something big. It will be interesting.
Live action or cartoons... who the heck knows what they have in mind. I'm open to either, i dont really have a preference. As long as it's Star Wars and interesting, i'm very likely to tune in lol.

As for Master Replica's, so that is their new company? I hope they expand their product line as the Wars hype starts to build again. Cool stuff in there, but man I so badly want some blasters, I have lightsabers now I really want to get some awesome blasters. But thank you for the site link I will keep a close eye on them for sure.
Some of the folks from MR are the ones behind eFx, so it's quality stuff from what i gather from the comments. Indeed, i do hope they can expand the line when the new movies come out. I havent bought anything from them, but the comments about their Luke X-Wing alone were extremely positive. Sadly it was too big for my pocket at that time and i didnt buy it, but it looked amazing. They released a Tie Fighter and it's actually shipping to those who pre-ordered it atm, so i'm waiting to see the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"