The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Sarosie's comment brings up an interesting point. "Looking in a a bag, pretending not to know what the lightsaber is."

I wonder (which I think would be cool) if Luke re-creating the Jedi Order did not turn out well, he tries, it fails, Luke disappears maybe. And we go on a quest of discovery of what happened to him, and maybe bring the Jedi more so into the lime light? Maybe there is a few that joined Skywalker, but not many. Because if she is (her character) unsure of what a lightsaber is that is interesting and exciting at the same time. Lightsabers!!

Parody.

VOICE #1
We were in this together. Then they were gone...

VOICE #2
The Jedi weren't needed anymore. We won.

VOICE #1
Based on a lie. Now there's evil rising from where we tried to bury it. The Jedi have to come back.

VOICE #2
What if they don't exist anymore?

VOICE #1
They must. They must.

Don't believe her. :woot:

I know Chloe and her fans are campaigning haaaarrrrd for her to be casted in Star Wars. She's been "hinting" about Star Wars on her twitter. I bet she would at least get an audition.

I'm sorry to do this, but casted is not a word :o

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=26812639&postcount=4

Mostly rumors and actors denying/confirming stuff. And the casting breakdown for auditions for important characters.

The lead character has been rumored to be a young woman. A female Jedi has been hinted by staff. The daughter of Leia/Han has been rumored. And a female villain is also rumored.

From the two casting breakdowns:
Thanks a lot :up:

Very comprehensive post there. Just what I was looking for.

I like the idea of a main character female Jedi/villain. If it does happen, would like to see the female Jedi take down a male villain 1st. I hope it's true as it would show they're willing to change things up.

I think some Chloe Moretz fans can be obnoxious. All actresses have annoying fans so I'm not blaming her but they literally think that she's going to land every role just because she tried out for it and they like her. Who knows who will get a role in the film, I'm not marrying myself to the idea of any actress being in the film. I think Abrams movies have been well cast so regardless if Ronan, Moretz or any other actress gets the role I'm sure they are going to be the right choice.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to base this on, but I'm expecting the lead to be older than Chloe Moretz. Perhaps she won't be, or perhaps Chloe could play another character, but that's my feeling. I'm expecting a 20 something lead.

I want Molly C. Quinn to audition for a role.

I don't have anything to base this on, but I'm expecting the lead to be older than Chloe Moretz. Perhaps she won't be, or perhaps Chloe could play another character, but that's my feeling. I'm expecting a 20 something lead.
I doubt Filmmakers like dealing with child labor laws for under 18 year old actors. I agree with you, I don't see them going under age. It's not out of the question but even if the character is a teenager they usually don't cast teenagers. Personally I don't care how old the actress is as long as she fit the role and can act.

What are the top female villains in Star Wars lore? Although I guess they may create someone new.

Another new Ronan interview about Star Wars. lol

Saoirse: Star Wars would be fun
Press Association

Saoirse Ronan has confirmed she has auditioned for a role in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, revealing it was "fun" to play make-believe with lightsabers.

The Irish actress, who stars in Kevin Macdonald's drama How I Live Now, admitted that the audition was an unforgettable experience, even if she doesn't win the part.

"I have gone in to read for it, and so has everyone else. Anyone could get it. Just to pretend that you have a lightsaber in your hand is like, the most amazing thing," she said.

"I think it's the only time where I ever thought, 'You know what? Even if I don't get it, it's been so much fun to audition for something like this when it's Star Wars.' It would be so much fun (to get it). Imagine having a lightsaber and just holding one," she added.

Saoirse, who didn't reveal which part she tried out for, said she enjoyed the previous films, but confessed she would need to jog her memories of the Star Wars universe.

" I think I probably need to watch them again. My friend was addicted to them when he was younger - he had about six lightsabers in his hand at the one time," she continued.

Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are expected to return in Episode VII, which will be directed by JJ Abrams, with Benedict Cumberbatch, Alex Pettyfer and Michael B Jordan also rumoured for roles.

The 19-year-old added: "It's so exciting they're remaking it and it's going to be with JJ, who is so fantastic. It'll be amazing."

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/saoirse-star-wars-fun-232659357.html

Benedict Cumberbatch is rumoured? Wow that would be amazing. I don't care who he plays, they can have my money now! (I mean they already have my money but they can have it again)

Iceman, you need to check out Magnar's Star Wars news super post. It has all rumors since the beginning.

Saoirse's latest interview is with a wire service so it's going to be distributed widely and possibly even make it into printed newspapers.

I'd say her odds of being in Star Wars right now are either extremely excellent or really, really horrible.

Maybe she's allowed to speak now, because she'll be confirmed on Monday when the rebels trailer hits

It seems like we're getting a lot of "confirmation/likelihood, but not in so many words." The big 3 have done everything to show that they're returning EXCEPT just come out and say it. Ronan's comments strike me as a "things are looking very good, but I can't officially confirm it yet" type of deal. Chloe Moretz comments don't mean anything. Actors lie about roles all the time, just ask Benedict Cumberbatch, Marion Cotillard, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, etc.

Benedict Cumberbatch is rumoured? Wow that would be amazing. I don't care who he plays, they can have my money now! (I mean they already have my money but they can have it again)

LOL this rumor has been around for a month. And it does seem like (despite the denials) he is in it. And most reports say he will be the new villain for the trilogy.

Cumberbatch can be the villain in anything......with his deliciously evil voice. :o

You know Sarosie's comment brings up an interesting point. "Looking in a a bag, pretending not to know what the lightsaber is."

I wonder (which I think would be cool) if Luke re-creating the Jedi Order did not turn out well, he tries, it fails, Luke disappears maybe. And we go on a quest of discovery of what happened to him, and maybe bring the Jedi more so into the lime light? Maybe there is a few that joined Skywalker, but not many. Because if she is (her character) unsure of what a lightsaber is that is interesting and exciting at the same time. Lightsabers!!
That could be very cool actually. Our heroes were in a high when we last saw them in ROTJ. It would be interesting if next time we saw them they wouldnt be in a perfect happy place at all, and in fact a bit as outsiders. And Luke as a bit of a hermit and maybe being forced out back into the limelight as some kind of mentor would fit nicely and mirror Ben's arc a little also.

Cumberbatch can be a Sith Lord who is so ridiculously awesome that he would make Darth Vader and Palpatine piss themselves. Ronan can be his badass apprentice. Or she can be Han & Leia's daughter, that works to.

That could be very cool actually. Our heroes were in a high when we last saw them in ROTJ. It would be interesting if next time we saw them they wouldnt be in a perfect happy place at all, and in fact a bit as outsiders. And Luke as a bit of a hermit and maybe being forced out back into the limelight as some kind of mentor would fit nicely and mirror Ben's arc a little also.

I agree. I think the EU went a safe way (not a bad way). But I think here this may be something more. I think it would be interesting if people were still afraid to have Jedi around. Or Luke maybe fears that the Sith would just rise up or an apprentice would turn bad and take over again (ala what Obi-Wan had to deal with). Luke may be somewhat of a hermit, and no one really talks of the Jedi.

What sparked that with me was her saying she had to pretend she did not know what the lightsaber was when pulling it out of the bag. And assuming she was going for a lead that is most likely a Solo/Skywalker child, you think she would. But maybe not.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention this. It was the very first thing I picked up on when I read it. Her character doesn't know what a lightsaber is.

So the options are -

1) She's from a different part of the galaxy where the Jedi have not spread. (Remember, before Lucas said "**** it" and turned Leia into Luke's sister, the original sister supposed to be all the way across the other side of the galaxy).

2) As you said, Luke's rebuilding of the Order all but failed. This one seems weird to me... It would kind of retroactively paint Luke himself as a failure. I don't know.

3) Luke DID rebuild the Order, but they're more like a secretive, exclusive band of wandering nomads who only show themselves and join up with each other when it's really required. They are not involved in the politics of the New Republic (or what have you), they are not officially sanctioned ambassadors as the old Order was to the Old Republic. They're a rumour, a legend. A mysterious force for good. This is my favourite option, easily.

4) None of this means anything, and as some previous Superman contenders did, the actors have been asked to read scenes from the old movies, since filmmakers (and especially Abrams) like their secrecy. The scene she read was Obi-Wan giving the lightsaber to Luke. It's a possibility, let's face it.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention this. It was the very first thing I picked up on when I read it. Her character doesn't know what a lightsaber is.

So the options are -

1) She's from a different part of the galaxy where the Jedi have not spread. (Remember, before Lucas said "**** it" and turned Leia into Luke's sister, the original sister supposed to be all the way across the other side of the galaxy).

2) As you said, Luke's rebuilding of the Order all but failed. This one seems weird to me... It would kind of retroactively paint Luke himself as a failure. I don't know.

3) Luke DID rebuild the Order, but they're more like a secretive, exclusive band of wandering nomads who only show themselves and join up with each other when it's really required. They are not involved in the politics of the New Republic (or what have you), they are not officially sanctioned ambassadors as the old Order was to the Old Republic. They're a rumour, a legend. A mysterious force for good. This is my favourite option, easily.

4) None of this means anything, and as some previous Superman contenders did, the actors have been asked to read scenes from the old movies, since filmmakers (and especially Abrams) like their secrecy. The scene she read was Obi-Wan giving the lightsaber to Luke. It's a possibility, let's face it.

I agree with 3 and 4, interesting possibilities. However I will say that with number 2 if the order did not really come to be, that does not make Luke a failure. He still saved the galaxy, and brought balance back to the Force etc. It could be an interesting character development where Luke is conflicted or has been to create a full Jedi Order.

But I really like number 3. That could be an interesting possibility.

And this is true the sides may be from other films. But not always. Sometimes if they really have a specific thing they want from a character they will go from the actual script themselves.

I think you guys are reading way into it. If she did not read the script then there is a very good chance that her reading was from old material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"