The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ideally, I'd rather have Avengers dominate May.

SW dominate June.

and Superman/Batman dominate July.

I'd be fine with that.

however, for all the talk of a female lead being a "Solo daughter," it would be a nice twist if the female lead was Skywalker's daughter.

although, I could certainly understand if they wanted to focus on the Solos more, given the previous films were focused on the Skywalker lineage.

I'd be cool with that. I'm not surprised that there will be a Solo offspring as it seems the most likely if you just watch Episodes I-VI

Well it's a possibility that they will still put Episode VII at the end of May. I also wondered months back that maybe they would push Avengers up as well, give it another week. They do it in Europe.

Another name I brought up before was Saoirse (pronounced Ser-sha) Ronan. She's been on various Disney project's radar in the past but keeps falling through the cracks. She was the frontrunner for Cinderella at one time, also before attached to a modernized Snow White reinterpretation, and then it was reported recently she turned down the offer to be Scarlet Witch. Recent interview about her next year's (vague) plans.

Last edited:
Disney moving Ant-Man to July 2015 sure does muck things up regarding A2 and Ep7.

That's why they moved Pirates to 2016. Which I figured they would. POTC is their lowest priority of their big franchises right now. It was always the first to be shoved to the next year. Marvel/Star Wars is more important to them. But the question is what will they do? I wonder if WB will try to move up to July instead (where TDK/TDKR sat) and then Disney would move Star Wars to the last week of May, so it would have most of June to itself.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Terminator. They may not try to make it a massive budget type of film, and more like the original. But regardless it does not stand a chance against something like SW of course.

EDIT: I'm an idiot I did not see you guys telling me Supes is coming out July 17th lol. Ya so that pretty much says late May will be likely. And give all of June to SW.

Assuming there's anything to it (which I doubt), I bet it's JGL. He's free schedule wise and he's in the same age group as the other ones rumored (Gosling, Pettyfer, etc.)
Oh god no, plz! Not JGL! I dont want Robin!! I'm still trying to like him again after TDKR lol

With both Ant-Man and now POTC getting moved, i'm thinking this could be making way for SW in July? Disney would kill the summer for sure lol.

Oh god no, plz! Not JGL! I dont want Robin!! I'm still trying to like him again after TDKR lol

With both Ant-Man and now POTC getting moved, i'm thinking this could be making way for SW in July? Disney would kill the summer for sure lol.

I think late May honestly. Because since June is empty, it could give SW the traditional SW late May slot. And they would have all of June almost competition free.

Avengers made 55 million in it's fourth weekend. Separating A2 and Ep7 by a month is probably not enough space.

Avengers made 55 million in it's fourth weekend. Separating A2 and Ep7 by a month is probably not enough space.

It may sacrifice some but like I've said SW is their priority franchise right now. They want to get it back to it's old popularity. So they will stop at nothing to do it.

And if it came out in late May say May 28th I still think that's enough time. That's why I wonder if they will open A:AOU a week earlier in the states like they did with Europe. It's more risky to put SW next to Ant-Man, would that would be over shadowed much easier.

Marketing is important. How much do they want to be marketing SW when TA2 just opened in theaters.

Marketing is important. How much do they want to be marketing SW when TA2 just opened in theaters.

That's true. But I don't think it will hurt that much. A2 is very hyped because of the love of the first one. So once it's out, I think they can market both, it's not the first time two big franchises were out in close proximity.

Could it be that Disney might be thinking that SW is a different beast, and most of the folks going to see it arent necessarily the same crowd as the one going to see Ant-Man?

Could it be that Disney might be thinking that SW is a different beast, and most of the folks going to see it arent necessarily the same crowd as the one going to see Ant-Man?

Maybe but still going against S/B is still not going to be prime. The thing is comics are mainly Sci-Fi, so is Star Wars (to a point). Also studios can have un-official agreements. They may have let WB have that month. I just don't think they will go for it. They could. But I think late May will be it. Because Avengers will still do great because of it's massive popularity, so I think most of the money will be front-loaded with it. SW having a whole month with no other massive franchises would probably be best to ease the franchise back into the limelight.

Well my two cents, but i dont think SW needs to be marketed as hard at this point lol. Yes, of course some exposure is necessary, but come on, even the people who hated the PT are open to it at this point. That's the toughest crowd that they want to lure back in and they've already started that :cwink:

BTW: i'd rather el Mayimbe's tweet be about the possibility of Bale in SW and not JGL lol.

they moved Ant-Man to July???

unless Ant-Man pulls an Iron Man and just completely surprises and blows everyone away, it's gonna get crushed by S/B.

why not move Ant-Man to August or something.

if I wanted to go head-to-head with S/B, I'd put Avengers in July.

Well my two cents, but i dont think SW needs to be marketed as hard at this point lol. Yes, of course some exposure is necessary, but come on, even the people who hated the PT are open to it at this point. That's the toughest crowd that they want to lure back in and they've already started that :cwink:

BTW: i'd rather el Mayimbe's tweet be about the possibility of Bale in SW and not JGL lol.

I agree/disagree at the same time. I'm like Two-Face on this regard, two minds about it.

Because a part of me agree. Most of the PT dislikers already are on board, happy about the choices they seem to be making. So they don't have to heavily market.

But at the same time we have to look at facts. SW has been out of the lime light for (by that time) 10 years. That's a long time in GA time. Now everyone is so into comicbooks/superheroes Star Wars (even the PT) is becoming some what seen as "back then" type of mentality.

I think they will market the hell out of it. Because there were GA members that were not thrilled with the last ones as much either. They may not have hated it, but it may be a little bit more to get them to come back and watch Episode VII.

But the biggest thing is GL really brought SW back prior to the PT. He had over 4 years to do it. I mean in the mid 90's SW was not as popular as it was during the late 70's and 80's. It started to diminish in terms of it's brand power. GL was smart and I remember he announced the PT in 95, released the THX enhanced theatrical cuts of the trilogy. Then he announced the SE's/re-release of the OT, and including all the hype around those ect. So he really marketed bringing SW back into the lime light. And he did that well.

So I know they can't do all of that but they will have to get people back into "SW" does not mean they hate it, but we need to remind them why it rocks to go to a galaxy far far away.

they moved Ant-Man to July???

unless Ant-Man pulls an Iron Man and just completely surprises and blows everyone away, it's gonna get crushed by S/B.

why not move Ant-Man to August or something.

if I wanted to go head-to-head with S/B, I'd put Avengers in July.

It's technically August. It comes out July 31st.

I agree/disagree at the same time. I'm like Two-Face on this regard, two minds about it.
:2face::hehe:

I hear ya, but i just think that SW is a brand that transcends time. The moment this movie is close to getting released, the hype will start all over again. Sure, it has ups and downs, but keep in mind that the movie is coming off Clone Wars... why do i bring that up? because young kids exposed to that show will have it fresh enough in their minds. That's a brand new generation that has been lured in right there, and the work already started (indirectly) with a critically acclaimed show that most loved and were upset was cancelled. Those fans want more. SW hasnt been hibernating like the break between ROTJ and TPM. It's managed to stay more present this time. That's my take on it anyhow. It should be very interesting to see how things play out.

LucasFilm has some history releasing an episode the week before memorial holiday weekend. I can't see them releasing it the week after. At this time, all signs show LucasFilm still calling the plays.

:2face::hehe:

I hear ya, but i just think that SW is a brand that transcends time. The moment this movie is close to getting released, the hype will start all over again. Sure, it has ups and downs, but keep in mind that the movie is coming off Clone Wars... why do i bring that up? because young kids exposed to that show will have it fresh enough in their minds. That's a brand new generation that has been lured in right there, and the work already started (indirectly) with a critically acclaimed show that most loved and were upset was cancelled. Those fans want more. SW hasnt been hibernating like the break between ROTJ and TPM. It's managed to stay more present this time. That's my take on it anyhow. It should be very interesting to see how things play out.

Ya it does, but still the viewership of TCW was around 1 million. That's not really that much compared to how many go and see the films. Also the Thrawn Trilogy sold even more than that and SW will always transcend time I agree with you. And I think they did a good job keeping it there. But the films are the films. The rest of the stuff is not near as massive as the films. So it's hype fluctuates. So especially for Episode VII they will have to market more so. Really get the word out to people that SW is back and get people in that "mood" again like GL did prior to the PT, he did that mainly with the SE/re-releases of the OT. Since they probably won't do that, I think they will have to still market quite a bit.

LucasFilm has some history releasing an episode the week before memorial holiday weekend. I can't see them releasing it the week after. At this time, all signs show LucasFilm still calling the plays.

It's not enough of an importance to adhere exactly to tradition this time. To me I still think December may be in the cards. But getting it in May will be enough. They may change this to give A2 more room to breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"