The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Chloe is cast, which I REALLY hope she is, she doesn't NEED a love interest. However, I wouldn't be totally against her having one. The Han/Leia romance was fantastically done and even the Luke/Mara Jade one in the books was really good. If they could do a romance even half as good as those two, the I'd be ok with it. Also, in regards to Chloe's age, they could always have it be an akward crush kind of thing in the first film. Then it could become more serious in future movies as she gets older.

^ just as long as they don't cast an actor almost twice her age to play her LI.

that always creeps me out.

What was the age difference between Harrison and Carrie exactly? They didn't seem that different in age to me, but maybe that was just the performances.

Carrie always this air of maturity while Ford seemed to be this ageless actor till the late 90's. So that closes the gap visually and acting wise.

The difference between Carrie and Chloe is that Carrie wasn't useraged. :0

I think that can be brought through with good acting. Because Carrie was far from mature (in real life) lol.

Her pinky/white "space" powder on Han's shoulder seems to show more of that.

Mark Hamill Training for Star Wars: Episode 7?

This rumor comes from Mark Hamill's friend and former roommate Robert Englund, who is best known for playing Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street series...

While appearing at the Nashville Comic Expo, Robert Englund talked about how both he and Hamill have done a lot of voice work for animation. He also let slip out a big secret in regards to exactly what Hamill is up to currently. “Mark now—they’ve got Mark in the gym, because Mark’s coming back as Luke Skywalker. They’ve got him doing his sit ups,” said Englund.

Great news, I wonder how physical his role is gonna be.

No idea..hoping for a magnificent scene where Grand Master Luke lets loose in battle. I don't imagine Hamill will be doing a lot of his own stunts. Could be surprised, though.

It seems like they're not trying to get Ford back in shape.

No idea..hoping for a magnificent scene where Grand Master Luke lets loose in battle. I don't imagine Hamill will be doing a lot of his own stunts. Could be surprised, though.

I hope he's killing younglings. :o

I hope he's killing younglings. :o

From his perspective, he'd just be strengthening the force by releasing the younglings' souls causing them to bond with it more directly. It's admirable, really.

I think that he'll get one, Maaybe two, action scenes. It wont be anything to out there. If Chloe is cast, could we maybe see Nicolas Cage pop up at some point?

Jonathan Rhys Meyers on 'Star Wars' casting chatter: 'I don't believe rumors'

Star Wars rumors are a little like the Force: They surround and penetrate us. They bind the nerd galaxy together.

With director J.J. Abrams ramping up to begin production early next year on Star Wars Episode VII, lately those rumors have focused on possible casting, and one of the names that’s popped up most often has been that of Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers. But the 36-year-old actor — who has starred in films like Velvet Goldmine and Match Point and played Henry VIII on Showtime’s The Tudors — brushes off the reports, telling EW that, for the moment at least, the Star Wars speculation is just that. “Look, I’ve worked with J.J.,” says Rhys Meyers, who co-starred in Abrams’ Mission: Impossible III in 2006. “But I don’t believe rumors.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/15/jonathan-rhys-meyers-star-wars-rumors/

I think Matt Barr who was pulled from Flash considerations will wind up as Luke's son.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a great actor i would love for him in star wars i dont know who he would be but the dude just has the look of pure evil lol it is in his eyes
tumblr_m3ob25yc9d1rq9cvto1_400.jpg

He was the bad guy in The Mortal Instruments movie that came out last month. I had to see it (not my choice).

The Dragon Con panel of the Episode VII Speculation is now uploaded on fullofsith.com. It's the one the one guy from Lucasfilm who was there called the "sanity panel."

Listening now.
Ohgawd, more Boba Fett, make it stahp. The hardcore Star Wars fans' ideas often frighten me.

Last edited:
I want Luke to be living on Tatooine in Ben's old desert home and for him to also be housing the new Jedi Order in Jabba's Palace. There can't be that many Jedi, I guess "ordained" or whatever yet, right? So, they could all be housed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"