The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of delays, Disney allowed Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to delay last month.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/disney-delays-voyage-of-pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-eyeing-2016/

“Like audiences around the globe, we have high expectations for Jack Sparrow’s next adventure and we want to have all the right elements in place,” said Disney production president Sean Bailey. “We’re not there yet and we want to make sure this project is everything these wonderful characters and of course the fans deserve.”

Last edited:
Ya but the THR confirmed that Iger/JJ seems to have won the battle and if JJ (the film maker himself) feels confident I'm sure it will be fine. I don't think the delay will be there. At latest maybe December but it seems summer 2015 is what they are still going for. Unlike Pirates I have a feeling Disney has SW on top of their list. And they will spend what money they need to to ensure quality in time.

They can throw all the money in the world at it, but at the end of the day JJ and Kasdan just need to get the script to a place everyone is happy with for sometime early next year.

I think JJ is someone who probably thrives on pressure so it's not the end of the world. But I can't help but find kind of annoying that the 30 years in the making sequel to Return of Jedi is being rushed to fit into The Mouse's 2015 business strategy...in a year that The Mouse has another guaranteed billion dollar + film coming out.

They can throw all the money in the world at it, but at the end of the day JJ and Kasdan just need to get the script to a place everyone is happy with for sometime early next year.

I think JJ is someone who probably thrives on pressure so it's not the end of the world. But I can't help but find kind of annoying that the 30 years in the making sequel to Return of Jedi is being rushed to fit into The Mouse's 2015 business strategy...in a year that The Mouse has another guaranteed billion dollar + film coming out.

Well it's not really being rushed per se. The film has been in pre-production so to speak since 2011. I think Kathy is just being "overly careful" to a point that may not be needed. Someone made a good point of the PT was not rushed, yet the OT was in a lot of ways. Again JJ is comfortable with the date, and that is what matters most. I think if worse came to worse they would delay it.

https://twitter.com/infinata/status/396038326395740160

An official word from a guy at LFL. saying that a lot of this is being blown out of proportion.

Pablo's words are encouraging. He's also right to point out that none of this is coming from an official source. All we really know at the moment is that Arndt is out and that Abrams and Kasdan have taken control of the script.

Pablo's words are encouraging. He's also right to point out that none of this is coming from an official source. All we really know at the moment is that Arndt is out and that Abrams and Kasdan have taken control of the script.

That and there is truth to a lot of this, but at the same time people just blow it way out of proportion. They have an amazing crew on this, if you look at that crew list from last week....it is truly one of the rarities of such great talent coming together under one roof. Disney/everyone knows they can't make a bad movie or it will hurt them bad in the future. So it seems things are on schedule, hectic? Yes. But they are getting it together and figuring it out it seems.

Harrison Ford looked more lively than I've seen him in years on Letterman this evening.

Has anyone heard Ford on the Nerdist podcast yet?

It was intially recorded during Comic-Con this past July, and boy, talk about uncomfortable interviews. Even a guy like Chris Hardwick couldn't ease him in. In the intro (recorded more recently and separate from the actual interview) Chris said he was just super nervous and it really can hear it towards the middle of the interview. I think it's the fear of Ford calling Chris and Jonah out, or not cooperating with their jokes.

Though to Ford's credit, he's the type who's very curt at first and then steps back for a joke when he's conscious of his offputting demeanor. He wasn't outright rude persay, but....just curt. But despite that, very insightful and intelligent.

Seriously, even though Chris was hard on himself, I think that was the best he could've gotten out of Ford.

Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting interview but it's also fascinatingly awkward.

By the Force Twitter is still so confusing to me lol.

It was intially recorded during Comic-Con this past July, and boy, talk about uncomfortable interviews. Even a guy like Chris Hardwick couldn't ease him in. In the intro (recorded more recently and separate from the actual interview) Chris said he was just super nervous and it really can hear it towards the middle of the interview. I think it's the fear of Ford calling Chris and Jonah out, or not cooperating with their jokes.

Though to Ford's credit, he's the type who's very curt at first and then steps back for a joke when he's conscious of his offputting demeanor. He wasn't outright rude persay, but....just curt. But despite that, very insightful and intelligent.

Seriously, even though Chris was hard on himself, I think that was the best he could've gotten out of Ford.

Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting interview but it's also fascinatingly awkward.

I still found it pretty entertaining actually. Maybe because I haven't really heard Ford talk at length at anything. I know he has, I'm just not familiar. I'm a huge fan of the podcast and this is definitely a rare occasion of Hardwick sounding flustered. Ford was basically in complete control of the interview.

It was entertaining. It's interesting.

Like what I said before, Ford is very smart..very insightful though its tough to gauge that mofo because I would peeing in my pants if I had to interview him.

I personally find Ford's "grumpy old man" routine to be amusing most of the time. I do wonder if he doesn't over-exaggerate it at times just to mess with people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan/star-wars-vii-delays_b_4182415.html

Great read.

Some good points in there include that this friction does show that people actually CARE about this project and know if they fail it will hurt them forever. As this guy said, most of the great films out there, you do not hear about their troubled productions during the actual productions. Sadly some of this is getting leaked.

If JJ feels confident to do this....then that is what should be done. But one thing does seem sure. It's confirmed 2015. Now maybe December is in the card in case worse comes to worse.
LOL, first the THR story. Then Huffington Post does a STOP WHINING story and then Variety does a DON'T WHINE ABOUT FANS WHINING story.

Seriously.

It reminds me of every time some actor gets a less than welcome from people to being cast in a movie. I dubbed it the "Heath Ledger Logical Fallacy".

News: (Insert actor with bad reputation) cast in (insert movie)
Internet: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Spinster: But what about Heath Ledger!?! You like that Heath Ledger right? That turned out well! THIS is just like THAT!
Me: Stawp it

It reminds me of every time some actor gets a less than welcome from people to being cast in a movie. I dubbed it the "Heath Ledger Logical Fallacy".

Spinster: But what about Heath Ledger!?! You like that Heath Ledger right? That turned out well! THIS is just like THAT!

The amount of times I've heard this in just the few months since the Batfleck announcement is quite numerous...

Yes but Episode VII does not have a "less then welcome" crew. They have some of the best of the best on here. But if you are talking actors...ya it happens. But sometimes it is right.

Harrison Ford is notorious for being difficult to interview.

Ford's appearance on Graham Norton was about the most animated I've seen him in a interview.

Harrison Ford is notorious for being difficult to interview.

Ford's appearance on Graham Norton was about the most animated I've seen him in a interview.

Maybe he's still happy because of that Indy deal he got. :cwink:

Not to mention getting ready to be in one of the biggest movies of 2015.

That Indy deal isn't confirmed, TPC. It'd be awesome and great news though! It'd be a win-win for us and Harrison. I want another Indy movie and Han Solo's return!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Episode-VII-may-return-to-grittier-roots.html

Cool interview, how he wants the aspects of the "tone" of the OT back.

The seventh instalment in the successful Star Wars science fiction franchise could return to the darker "space Western" style of the first three movies.
Director J. J. Abrams, who is notoriously secretive about his films, has hinted that Star Wars: Episode VII could restore some of the mystery and grittiness from the original movies that critics claim was lost in "prequel" instalments.
In an interview with the Times Magazine he praised a set of "golden rules" spelt out by Star Wars fans on the internet as anticipation for the films grow.
These include setting the films on a Western style frontier of the galaxy rather than in shiny big cities like the three most recent films, giving the films a gritty and dirtier aesthetic and recreating some of the danger and mystery of the originals.
Abrams said: "I would say that (the website conveys) a feeling that we share very much ...
"I loved how Star Wars had that sense of a world far beyond the borders of what you can see and have been told – it's one of the things it did so brilliantly.
"If you watch the first movie, you don't actually know exactly what the Empire is trying to do. They're going to rule by fear – but you don't know what their end game is.
"The beauty of that movie was that it was an unfamiliar world, and yet you wanted to see it expand and to see where it went."
Abrams, who recently directed the latest Star Trek Into Darkness movie, is working with Lawrence Kasdan on the script for the new Star Wars film. Kasdan co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
News of the new film has sparked a flood of speculation from fans on the internet about who may star in the movies and what the plot maybe.
While many diehard fans of the original movies have been unimpressed with the prequels, which George Lucas began releasing in 1999, there proved to be hugely successful with younger generations.
Abrams is eager not to criticise the more recent movies and suggests that he may need to tread a careful line not to alienate fans of the originals and the younger fans of the prequels.
He said: "A lot of kids who saw all the prequels when they were young really do identify with those movies as much as my generation identified with the originals."
The Star Wars franchise has generated more than $27 billion, with Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace taking the most out of the all six films at the box office.
The seventh instalment is due for release in 2015, with filming due to begin in 2014 in London.
Abrams refused to be drawn on any speculation about who may be cast in the new film.
Harrison Ford has been rumoured to be making a return, while Benedict Cumberbatch, who Abrams worked with in the latest Star Trek film, has also been linked.
There has also been speculation that British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor may be taking a role after being seen waiting in the lobby of Abram's office.

And new casting rumor as well. Chiwetel Ejiofor

That's a good interview. I guess that vital video from last month paid off!

And yes to Chiwrel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"