General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by Thread Manager, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]468795[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]466915[/split]

3. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Not one that makes me giggle like this one does. :yay:

4. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Heh! :D The only scene I can think of fropm Star Wars that truly fits the "In before lock" theme is Han hurdling the blast doors as they close in ANH.

5. jonathancrane

jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The paradigm of the prequel trilogy fans mirrors that of those such as myself who like the Hobbit trilogy: one wades through a never-ending stream of hate towards the films and constant insinuations of having less cultural currency than the elitist-Tolkien fans.

6. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I was gonna put this in a PM but I'll just do it openly.

@Solidus and Whiskey; My intention was never about branding EVERY OT only fan, and yes my post contained an antagonistic tone I admit. My reason being that every time a change was made to the OT it was defecated on, no matter how minor it was, but change a major chunk of the 6 film saga that was developed largely in the PT, and it's fine, great in fact, the double standard coupled with my love of AOTC and Boba Fett rubbed my rhubarb.

Me bringing up your posting style elsewhere Whiskey was because you took my post out of context and accused me of doing something you do all the time, which is post brashly based off emotion. Then you brought me being red into it which always pisses me off as I never use that as leverage, it's my cardinal rule.

It was never meant to get personal, like I say Whiskey I've went to bat for you because while you can often be abrasive, it comes from a place of passion and positivity, and Solidus, we go back nearly ten years, I hope you realize there was no beef from my side, simply a passionate disagreement.

If anyone was offended or upset with my posts, I apologize but feel free to report it, we have an independent staff and I'm not bulletproof, I stand by my posts but others may feel I crossed a line.

7. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

It's fine, we all are passionate about SW and what we love. And we may see things very differently. I mean hey you showed me TCW :cwink: and I liked that.

It is a double edged sword I guess. Or lightsaber for that matter. Because a lot of us had to deal with changes to what we loved for years, but it still did not stop me from loving what was there. Nor do I think it will stop you from loving what you like about Boba. Regardless it still keeps all that he did in the PT intact.

But it's okay, I'm not reporting anything, it was just an intense passion filled conversation, like I said with SW it happens.

8. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

It's cool, amigo. I'm the very first person to admit that I am a huge dick head, often with great vigor and frequency. Calling me 'abrasive' is putting it lightly. And pulling the red card was a jerkstore cheap shot and I shouldn't have went there.

No reports here, except the usual dozen I file against Sawyer every day just for giggles.

We're all SW fans in the end. Now, who's up for sneaking over to one of the Star Trek threads and stealing those a-holes mascot?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  9. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Well I've heard the BVS forums are pure anarchy right now. I'm weary to go over there and see what's going on. Is it safe?

10. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Good..Good..I can feel the hate of the BvS.

11. georgec

georgec Not a hero

It's better than it was 2-3 hours ago.

I think people's spirits for that movie and for eventual JL are just utterly broken.

12. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Ah TCW, it's kinda like the ultimate meeting of SW fans, both OT, PT and entire saga fans seem to like the show! :D

The thing that will irritate me until I'm 6 feet under will be that Boba would be two different people, but nothing is anything but a LR rumnour for now, so I'll remain hopeful! At the end of the day nothing will change me loving Star Wars as a whole though.

:up: Sith happens! :D

We all have our flaws man, at least when we recognize them we can try to work around em. :up:

Sawyer finds his way into everything! :funny:

I'm inl, although Solidus may be on the fence as he's a Trekkie as well! :sus: :D

13. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Is this due to pushing the date back? I don't see the big concern, I mean I get the frustration as I want to see the film as well, but I don't see anything to worry about.

14. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

I thought I smelt burning over there as well.

Ah I see.

Oh I love Trek...but my love for SW knows no bounds, and surpasses it by light years.

Ya, I see it as a good thing to take more time on it, ya it does suck to wait longer. But I saw some of the early stuff when that news broke over there, and wow. It was intense it seemed.

15. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

It's funny how some even accused WB and Snyder of being cowards.

16. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

I'd stay out of there for a few months or at least until May 2016.

17. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

:woot:

LOL Maybe I should.

18. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

I am starting to warm up to the Boba Fett spin off.

P.S If Ewan McGregor plays Force ghost Obi Wan in episode 7, they better use makeup to make him look like OT Obi Wan, played amazing by the late, great, Alec Guinness .

19. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

It was a bloodbath all damn day. Now, most of the madness has given way to say... impassioned reasoning? Think of the Jedi Council forums when the "Arndt out, Abrams/Kasdan in" news broke. :wow:

Yeah, that about describes how I feel about that.

On that note, Episode VII now has nobody nipping at it's heels for my 'Most Anticipated Movie of 2015' spot.

20. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Thank **** I slept through the massacre that was the Batman/Superman boards last night.

21. Wheels

Wheels Eat my shorts

Episode VII is THE move of 2015 now in my opinion. I mean I'm sure Avengers 2 will be good, but we're talking the first post-Jedi Star Wars movie here. It's not even close in terms of my anticipation.

22. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

^ Absolutely.

23. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Definitely, I do have certain worries about the film but it isn't related to the film at all but my love of the Expanded Universe. Either way it's going to be exciting!

24. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

I have a morbid curiosity to go to those boards. But I'm actually kind of glad of the move. It gives some damn breathing room for 2015. Avengers 2 and mother****ing Episode 7 are more than enough to get me excited about next year.

EDIT: The first five pages of that thread are absolutely hilarious. :lmao: I mean, it sucks for the people who were excited, but the reactions are priceless.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  25. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Well, like I said earlier, this confirms that LFL will not push Episode VII to May 2016 like some on here claimed it would. Now May of 2016 is packed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.