The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Dench but if the original Mothma is sill active then I'd just as soon they get her.

Save Dench for Kreia in the KotoR spin-offs.

I wonder how many Bothan spies Mothma has sent to their death in the past 30 years?

:o

Idk in terms of stardom, for me anyway, Dench is up there with Sam Jackson, and im afraid ill have yhe same issue with her that I had with him. Its gonna look like Judi Dench playing dress up. I like Lucas' use of lesser known or unknown actors and actresses. Its easier for the audience to get lost in the character. But thats just my 2 cents.

That's not really true. Back then Alec was pretty well known. Actually having a few characters that people know won't hurt it and actually I expect it. The Sam Jackson ordeal is completely different, from just...Sam, the writing and the character. I think it had very little to do with who he was or his stardom.

I'd prefer by a little bit having the original Mothma, but man she was such a small part, it's not a big enough of a deal to me. She just brings news of death and destruction to Bothan's anyways.

That's not really true. Back then Alec was pretty well known. Actually having a few characters that people know won't hurt it and actually I expect it. The Sam Jackson ordeal is completely different, from just...Sam, the writing and the character. I think it had very little to do with who he was or his stardom.

I'd prefer by a little bit having the original Mothma, but man she was such a small part, it's not a big enough of a deal to me. She just brings news of death and destruction to Bothan's anyways.

Well im only speaking for me and how these well known faces effect my viewing experience. Dench is gonna forever be M to me especially if she's playing Mon Mothma who is another powerful leading woman in a formidable organization. Hugo Weaving, if that runor is true, would be another bad guy and we've seen it numerous times. He's always fun to watch, but I dont want similar and the same. I want new face or different types of characters for these people to play. Something outside their wheelhouse so im not distracted by M and Agent Smith walking around the star wars universe.

I was lucky with star wars cause I was so young that the actors and actresses previous fame didnt exist to me so they became those characters. Lol I know Guinness would hate that, but he will always be Obi-wan to me. Obviously it cant really be helped at my current age. Ive seen too many films and to many actors and actresses to not encounter some familiar faces, but I dont want Abrams to go with too many knowns. There are great actors and actresses out there waiting to be discovered. Reach out there and find em.

Last edited:
Love Dench but if the original Mothma is sill active then I'd just as soon they get her.

Save Dench for Kreia in the KotoR spin-offs.

The sad thing is that original Mon Mothma actress still looks great for her age. And she's the same age as Judi so it's not an issue of age..though maybe Judi is more used to the often harsh scheduling of big tentpoles at her old age.

I would love to see Dench in the movies, but not in that particular part. The original actress is still alive and acting, so just bring her back. If they want to use Dench, that's great, but just make up a new character for her to play. I can easily see her playing a politician, or monarch, or diplomat.
Agreed. Heck, make Dench a sith :cwink:

I highly, highly doubt the Dench rumour is true. It feels like fan-****. She's starting to go blind and needs help reading scripts which is the reason why M was killed off in Skyfall, so she wouldn't then go and take on an even bigger franchise.

I seriously doubt Dench is going to be in the film, let alone Mon Mothma. The Original Trilogy went through an Alliance Leader per film (and this is excluding the EU.) We never saw General Dodonna again, General Riekkan (who was awesome for all of the two scenes he was in,) and of course, MM.

Besides, I doubt Abrams is going to make the same mistake Lucas did, and focus on the boring-arse space politics. If they do bring back Mon Mothma - and I have no idea why, as it would be pure fan-*******-she would probably be a minor capacity, which means they would not go after a high profile actress for a small, insigifnificant role.

This is still one of my favourite pieces of music from the OT. Even though it's the Emporer's theme I hope JJ or Kathy or whoever finds a way of working it into the ST, either in Episode VII or a later installment.

[YT]h7c-n4k3XrU[/YT]

Look at pictures of Judi Dench and then look at pictures of Caroline Blakiston now, tell me which looks more like the Mon Mothma from the OT. Dench actually resembles her more to me honestly.
I dig the rumor. Doubt it's true...tending not to believe anything until it's official.

I think the Dench rumor is bogus,but I really hope they stay away from casting big names this time.I mean the OT had Alec and Cushing,but by and large the cast were "unknowns" at the time.So one or two High Profile actors are alright,just don't over do it.

There's still time to nominate your favorite movies of 2013 in the SHH! movie awards! Click on my sig now in order to start nominating!

Well im only speaking for me and how these well known faces effect my viewing experience. Dench is gonna forever be M to me especially if she's playing Mon Mothma who is another powerful leading woman in a formidable organization. Hugo Weaving, if that runor is true, would be another bad guy and we've seen it numerous times. He's always fun to watch, but I dont want similar and the same. I want new face or different types of characters for these people to play. Something outside their wheelhouse so im not distracted by M and Agent Smith walking around the star wars universe.

I was lucky with star wars cause I was so young that the actors and actresses previous fame didnt exist to me so they became those characters. Lol I know Guinness would hate that, but he will always be Obi-wan to me. Obviously it cant really be helped at my current age. Ive seen too many films and to many actors and actresses to not encounter some familiar faces, but I dont want Abrams to go with too many knowns. There are great actors and actresses out there waiting to be discovered. Reach out there and find em.

I doubt he will, actually Abrams is really good at casting unknowns, or lesser known actors if you actually look through all his movies/TV shows. To me a few is no problem, and people like Dench, and Hugo are good enough actors (though both rumored and JJ laughed at a lot of the rumors recently, some sound more like fan wants then actuals) But to me if you give them a good enough role/make up for some you can really hide them, and won't think of them as that "other character" good actors with a good director should be able to do that. And I think that is one of JJ's biggest strengths is his "actor directing" and his casting. You can tell that the "leads" are going to be mainly unknowns for the most part. A few smaller roles may be given to some known names, but I think he will try to "hide" them more so into the world.

Sadly enough I can't be there for that, but I hope we get some small tidbits from him.

I might be able to participate if I don't get ino trouble! Anyone here have some questions for him?

Well I guess just the typical questions about SW7. I know he won't be able to go into great detail but I'd try to get what I could out of him.

In the meantime:

Pixar Joining Star Wars Universe

It was only a matter of time before Disney’s golden child animation acquisition was brought into the company franchise game. John Lasseter doubling his time at Disney Animation is a good cog in the machine, but there comes an opportunity to mix two potentially profitable brands together and see if the success can exponentially multiply. Or that must be the thinking at Disney, because we’ve heard that Pixar has been given their own Star Wars movie.

Once the canon-purge is over and Episode VII is in production, there will be a whole universe of Star Wars related content to play in. We’ve heard about TV shows,new comics tie-ins (Marvel, of course), spin-off movies for particular characters and now, a Pixar film.

At this point, no idea what the size or shape of this film will be and given the long-view storytelling production model that is part of the Pixar brand, this could be a long way off. We can expect it to take place in the middle of a Venn Diagram between Star Wars and A Pixar Movie, and what that means to you depends on your definition of both.

Star Wars and animation has some great possibilities. Or they could go and Animatrix it up (like The Dark Knight did). At least this looks to be a mix that could be potentially fruitful, especially since this will come out long after we’ve read several think pieces on the dilution of the brand.

Maybe WALL-E gave them a new take on Droids (and someone should scrub the taste of Fox’s Robots from our mouths), maybe the Jawas have an interesting culture (but not like a Smurf), maybe you don’t want a live-action movie of how Young Han Solo met Chewbacca, but if Pixar did it, maybe it’d be tolerable.

http://latino-review.com/2014/01/pixar-joining-star-wars-universe/

hwOYgB8.jpg

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/426103499986706432/photo/1/large

You can tell he's lost a lot of weight. Look at his waist. And his cheeks are slimmer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"